GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"an urge for cash"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/03/02 at 10:16
Regular
i went ape *** last night. not only did i want to dump my papers but i wanted a job like an unemployed person needing a job. i went to a garage this very morning at 9pm to beat this ginger imbecile i used 2 know and hopefully get a car washing job. if i do i will be purchasing an xbox so thankyou for all ure encouraging mails and if i get this job i will be posting even more of these pointless yet annoying messages up. feel free to abuse me
yours truly
Dave Baker
Fri 29/03/02 at 10:16
Regular
i went ape *** last night. not only did i want to dump my papers but i wanted a job like an unemployed person needing a job. i went to a garage this very morning at 9pm to beat this ginger imbecile i used 2 know and hopefully get a car washing job. if i do i will be purchasing an xbox so thankyou for all ure encouraging mails and if i get this job i will be posting even more of these pointless yet annoying messages up. feel free to abuse me
yours truly
Dave Baker
Fri 29/03/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Why waste all that time at the garage trying to earn money when you could get a GameCube with an extra controller a memory card and two games for the price of a stand-alone X-box?
Fri 29/03/02 at 13:26
Regular
i wouldnt listen to this GC fan, X Box is totally worth the money. GC fan u hav to ask urself why is the GC so cheap????? There is a reason for the price of X Box, and i dont see sumhow how graphics wise GC will be better like all the GC people say

later
Sun 31/03/02 at 16:31
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Firstly because it dosn't have all the extra's like the PS2 or Xbox and no the graphics won't be as good on GC as the Xbox but overall it's if you enjoy the game or not !
Sun 31/03/02 at 23:05
Regular
"Link to the Future"
that's right. Then you also need to pay to get on-line and to be able to play DVD's. These are also two features that the X-box advertises alot.
Mon 01/04/02 at 10:54
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Do you want us to hate you Gnome_killer44? Do you really think you can change our minds or have second thoughts about getting an Xbox. If you do you are extremely stupid, If you don't why the hell are you bothering?
Mon 01/04/02 at 16:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
Gnome_Killer44 wrote:
> that's right. Then you also need to pay to get on-line and to be able to play
> DVD's. These are also two features that the X-box advertises alot.

thing is even though the xbox is expensive it has already most things necessary -it's got a hard drive (very useful), broadband capabilities, 4 controller ports which makes up for all of it...
the gamecube doesn't even give you the option to use it as a dvd player does it?? you have to get the special version which is really expensive. i'm really not too bothered that the xbox doesn't let you play dvds straight away cos i already have a dvd player and even though you have to pay 30 quid for the playkit it really isn't too bad.
Mon 01/04/02 at 16:30
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
what is actually any good about the gamecube, the controller looks tacky, its purple so unless u have an austin powers colour sceme room it will look totall silly, your grandad will think its a box of tissues and the majority of games are aimed at kids, the GC will do the same olimpic swan dive dive that the N64 did, in my opinion
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:13
Regular
"Link to the Future"
Beanz, if your not bothered that you have to pay £30 to get an add-on to the X-box to play DVD's, because you've got a DVD player. Why do you think that people are going to be bothered that the GameCube doesn't play DVD's? It is a video games console. Next you'll be wanting your washing up machine to cook your food as well. Plus, you don't need a hard-drive, that just makes it more expensive, when you'll probably save money by having memory cards instead. I know that's not all it does, but you don't need it that much. The GameCube has 4 controller ports, so why did you even mention it? That is kind of a given in this day in age anyway. Except for money grabbing Sony who want you to fork out for a Multi-Tap.

AFX, you say the GameCube's controller looks tacky. Have you played a GameCube using one. After playing on the X-Box with it's really, really bad controller you start to thank Nintendo for being the best controller desingers since the NES came out in Japan in 1983. And are you really that concerned about the colour scheme in your room? Anyway, I'm suprised you can actually fit an X-Box in your room they're so big. You could fit about four GameCube's into one of them. The majority of games are not aimed at kids! Games like Luigi's Mansion are for anyone who likes to play video games. To be quite honest, does it really matter what the game looks like? As long as it's a good one with a decent challenge behind it I would definately say not. You could have the most realistic graphics in the world, but that doesn't matter if the game is no good. Like Final Fanatsy spirits within, great graphics, rubbish film. Also the GameCube is going to have the Resident Evil franchise and Eternal Darkness. It doesn't matter whether you don't like these games, but they will reassure developers that Nintendo consoles AREN'T JUST FOR KIDS.

Finally, Tequilla Sunset, I said these things to express my opinion like you do yours, which is what these forums are for. I don't really care if you leave the X-Box on the shelf or not. I just wanted to say what I thought.
Wed 03/04/02 at 21:17
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I have n't got any DVD's any way so it does n't bother me that Gamecube does n't come with with the built in DVD player. As one of the others said they have a DVD player any way !!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.