GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When Game Characters Go Old"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 22/10/02 at 23:17
Regular
It's the year 2065. Not much has changed in the world since the early 2000's except the slight lack in cows and that Australia drifted off toward the Indian Ocean then sank into the depts of the water. In the gaming world there are many new faces to the seen like Nappy the ultra fast frog, Robb the electrician, Lily the gumball, and Chain swordsman. Their games have revolutionized the game industry in every way with their fresh graphics.

Of course these games now are the top dogs, but what ever happened to the old school game characters? Where have they gone? Well, some scientist have found that these primitive characters have taken shelter in the old people's home where they now live. Don't you want to know how they are doing? If so, you’re luckier than ever because today channel 987 news, will take you to their home to see how they live.

Part 1-Entering the home.

As soon as we enter the old people's home we asked the front desk where we can find some of the game characters. She said most of the men were at the bingo hall right now so we walked over to find them.

Sonic was sitting down on a small stool looking down at his bingo chart in case they called out his numbers. His skin was pale blue and wrinkled all over. Next to his stool stood a small cane which indicated
that Sonic needed it to walk. Next to him sat another incredible hero too.

Mario sat with tiny reading glasses on his pruned old face. He wore blue shorts with drawings of suns on it and a red T-shirt that had hot chocolate stains drenched into it. We looked around the room for some
other familiar faces. We found Bill Gates, George W. Bush, and Micheal Jackson whom had had another plastic surgery on his nose and now his nose had a milk dispenser and a small swimming pool on the surface of it(what good surgery). We walked a little closer and found another character.

Link was by the microphone calling out the bingo numbers. He had weak sickly looking arms and his face seemed to have stretch marks over his stretch marks. His green hat was tattered and old and he looked like he rarely showered. A noise caught our attention at the bathroom door so we scampered by and saw the famous Kirby.

Kirby was still short but a lot fatter. His shape use to resemble a sphere but now it resembled a wide oval. His old lively pink skin was now replaced by a pale white color.

A bell rang and the old people left the bingo hall slowly(very slowly). As we exited as well we caught a couple of men laughing at the corner.

One of them was Ganondorf which now had a hump on his back. He shivered none stop and was also pale like everyone else here. Second there was Dr. Eggman with his floating spacecraft. He had lost a lot of weight
since his early days but he now was only a bag of bones. The last person was Waddle Dee whom looked at Kirby with evil eyes as he slowly(very) exited the bingo hall. Waddle Dee was got a little taller and his red skin is now greenish.

All three of these old people stared at the Link, Mario, Link, and Sonic as they inched away as if they were planning something devilish.

Part 2-Lunch time

Link, Mario, Sonic, and Kirby sat together in a table when they finished getting there lunch trays from the cafeteria ladies. That indicated that they had a friendship bond.

Link= Kirby will youz be eating your jello?

Kirby= What in tarnation are youz talking about? Of course I'm going to eat my jello.

Mario= My chest hurts when I eat prunes and those cafeteria ladies know that so why do they always give me prunes.

Link= Stop complaining sonny.

Mario= Stop complaining about my complaining!

Kirby= Settle down youz two. Hey, Sonic will youz be eating your orange juice?

Sonic=...

Kirby= I'm talking to you Sonic!

Sonic= Eh?

Kirby= Can I have your orange juice?

Sonic= Eh?

Kirby= Youz as death as a bat! I said may I have youz orange juice?

Sonic= My mother is a what...

Kirby= I didn't say anything of the sort I'm just asking if you want youz orange.....ah forget it.

(Ganondorf, Waddle Dee, and Dr. Eggman approach the table where the old heroes sat)

Ganondorf= Ay, give me yourz prunes or you will get it.

Sonic= You want sixteen fried loons....

Ganondorf= Shut it death man. (cough cough) Excuse me I didn't get my lung medicine today.

(Mario begins to pass his prunes to Ganondorf and his buddies, but Link cuts him off)

Link= You don't have to listen to them.

Mario= But I don't like prunes. They can have them.

Link= Stop complaining!

Mario= Stop complaining about ma complaining!

Waddle Dee= Give us yo prunes or youz going to get it.

Kirby= Get what?

Waddle Dee= Your going to get a good.....what was I talking about again?

Dr. Eggman= If you don't we’ll give you a beating.

(Dr. Eggman tries to take Link's prunes but Link pulls away)

Ganondorf= That's it youz. Come to the bingo hall at medicine time tommor....(cough cough) tomorrow.

Mario= Medicine time! We need our medicine Ganondorf.

Link= Stop complaining Mario. We will all be there Ganondorf and tomorrow you will see that we still have the strength to beat anybody.

Waddle Dee= Well we have a secret weapon on our hands so there is no way you could beat us.

Part 3-The next day at the bingo hall. (Medicine time)

Kirby, Sonic, Link, and Mario are at the empty bingo hall shivering probably because they knew what was going to break out or maybe just because they weren’t getting there medicine at the moment. Ganondorf, Dr. Eggman, and Waddle Dee entered from the back entrance and they had a scaly monster next to them.

Mario= Ahhhhhhh, it’s Bowser!

Baby Bower Jr.= I’m not Bowser. Bowser is my granddad. Baby Bowser is my dad and he named me Bowser too because the whole Bowser family isn’t very original. I’m 14 years old.

Ganondorf= Lets start this.

Baby Bowser Jr.= How about if I don’t want to fight right now.

Ganondorf= Your going to fight or I’ll ground you for a week!

(Baby Bowser Jr. stomps his feet)

Baby Bowser Jr.= I don’t want to! I have zits and they will make fun of me because of them.

Ganondorf= Do it!

Baby Bowser Jr.= I want a nose piercing!

Ganondorf= Don’t start with that Bowser.

Dr. Eggman= Lets begin all ready.

(Dr. Eggman fires a bullet at Mario and it shoots off his glasses)

Mario= I don’t need my glasses to fight sonny.

(Link tries picking up his heavy sword but it falls to the floor. Link then falls to the floor in exhaustion)

Waddle Dee= One down.

Kirby= It’s my turn to fight.

(Kirby begins to suck in Bowser)

Kirby= Whooooooooooooooooooo…….(cough cough cough cough cough cough).

(Kirby fell on the ground and has a heart attack)

Dr. Eggman= Two down.

Mario= Sonic use your ultra speed to attack them. Your our only hope.

Sonic= Eh?

Mario= Attack!

(Sonic starts walking slowly with his cane. Each step comes three inches closer)

Mario=…

Mario= I guess it’s my turn.

(Mario charges up a two inch fireball and throws it. His vision is so bad he ends up hitting Sonic instead)

Sonic= Ahhhhhhhh!

(Sonic falls on the floor while his skin is on fire)

Mario= Whoops.

Waddle Dee, Ganondorf, Dr. Eggman, and Baby Bowser Jr.=…

Baby Bowser Jr.= You said this would be fun Ganondorf!

Ganondorf= We won… we actually won!

Waddle Dee= I’m feeling kind of sickly.

Dr. Eggman= Yea, me too. I think it’s because we didn’t get our medicine.

Ganondorf= I’ll get some.

(Ganondorf walks off to get some medicine)

(Dr. Eggman and Waddle Dee fall on the floor from the lack of vitamins. Watching this, Baby Bowser walks away silently for he won’t be blamed for what had happened)

Mario= I win!

(Mario jumps up in victory and we suddenly hear a loud snap)

Mario= Ahhhhh, my hip!!!!!!!!!!

(Mario falls on the floor as well)

Part 4- The hospital

Mario, Link, Kirby, Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Waddle Dee, and Ganondorf laid on hospital beds with tubs emerging from their skin and oxygen masks on their faces.

Waddle Dee= Ganondorf how did you come here anyway? Weren’t you suppose to get the medicine?

Ganondorf= Yea, but I fell down the stairs by mistake.

Dr. Eggman= Great…

Mario= Next time we will get youz.

Sonic= I’ll kiss I bet you……..

Mario= Shut it death man.

That was the end of our little fieldtrip to see our beloved characters. Probably we won’t be able to see our heroes in any other games, but at least we can remember the good times and how much fun we had saving the day with them in the old days….

THE END

Thank you for reading (hopefully)

Drunk
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:17
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
It's the year 2065. Not much has changed in the world since the early 2000's except the slight lack in cows and that Australia drifted off toward the Indian Ocean then sank into the depts of the water. In the gaming world there are many new faces to the seen like Nappy the ultra fast frog, Robb the electrician, Lily the gumball, and Chain swordsman. Their games have revolutionized the game industry in every way with their fresh graphics.

Of course these games now are the top dogs, but what ever happened to the old school game characters? Where have they gone? Well, some scientist have found that these primitive characters have taken shelter in the old people's home where they now live. Don't you want to know how they are doing? If so, you’re luckier than ever because today channel 987 news, will take you to their home to see how they live.

Part 1-Entering the home.

As soon as we enter the old people's home we asked the front desk where we can find some of the game characters. She said most of the men were at the bingo hall right now so we walked over to find them.

Sonic was sitting down on a small stool looking down at his bingo chart in case they called out his numbers. His skin was pale blue and wrinkled all over. Next to his stool stood a small cane which indicated
that Sonic needed it to walk. Next to him sat another incredible hero too.

Mario sat with tiny reading glasses on his pruned old face. He wore blue shorts with drawings of suns on it and a red T-shirt that had hot chocolate stains drenched into it. We looked around the room for some
other familiar faces. We found Bill Gates, George W. Bush, and Micheal Jackson whom had had another plastic surgery on his nose and now his nose had a milk dispenser and a small swimming pool on the surface of it(what good surgery). We walked a little closer and found another character.

Link was by the microphone calling out the bingo numbers. He had weak sickly looking arms and his face seemed to have stretch marks over his stretch marks. His green hat was tattered and old and he looked like he rarely showered. A noise caught our attention at the bathroom door so we scampered by and saw the famous Kirby.

Kirby was still short but a lot fatter. His shape use to resemble a sphere but now it resembled a wide oval. His old lively pink skin was now replaced by a pale white color.

A bell rang and the old people left the bingo hall slowly(very slowly). As we exited as well we caught a couple of men laughing at the corner.

One of them was Ganondorf which now had a hump on his back. He shivered none stop and was also pale like everyone else here. Second there was Dr. Eggman with his floating spacecraft. He had lost a lot of weight
since his early days but he now was only a bag of bones. The last person was Waddle Dee whom looked at Kirby with evil eyes as he slowly(very) exited the bingo hall. Waddle Dee was got a little taller and his red skin is now greenish.

All three of these old people stared at the Link, Mario, Link, and Sonic as they inched away as if they were planning something devilish.

Part 2-Lunch time

Link, Mario, Sonic, and Kirby sat together in a table when they finished getting there lunch trays from the cafeteria ladies. That indicated that they had a friendship bond.

Link= Kirby will youz be eating your jello?

Kirby= What in tarnation are youz talking about? Of course I'm going to eat my jello.

Mario= My chest hurts when I eat prunes and those cafeteria ladies know that so why do they always give me prunes.

Link= Stop complaining sonny.

Mario= Stop complaining about my complaining!

Kirby= Settle down youz two. Hey, Sonic will youz be eating your orange juice?

Sonic=...

Kirby= I'm talking to you Sonic!

Sonic= Eh?

Kirby= Can I have your orange juice?

Sonic= Eh?

Kirby= Youz as death as a bat! I said may I have youz orange juice?

Sonic= My mother is a what...

Kirby= I didn't say anything of the sort I'm just asking if you want youz orange.....ah forget it.

(Ganondorf, Waddle Dee, and Dr. Eggman approach the table where the old heroes sat)

Ganondorf= Ay, give me yourz prunes or you will get it.

Sonic= You want sixteen fried loons....

Ganondorf= Shut it death man. (cough cough) Excuse me I didn't get my lung medicine today.

(Mario begins to pass his prunes to Ganondorf and his buddies, but Link cuts him off)

Link= You don't have to listen to them.

Mario= But I don't like prunes. They can have them.

Link= Stop complaining!

Mario= Stop complaining about ma complaining!

Waddle Dee= Give us yo prunes or youz going to get it.

Kirby= Get what?

Waddle Dee= Your going to get a good.....what was I talking about again?

Dr. Eggman= If you don't we’ll give you a beating.

(Dr. Eggman tries to take Link's prunes but Link pulls away)

Ganondorf= That's it youz. Come to the bingo hall at medicine time tommor....(cough cough) tomorrow.

Mario= Medicine time! We need our medicine Ganondorf.

Link= Stop complaining Mario. We will all be there Ganondorf and tomorrow you will see that we still have the strength to beat anybody.

Waddle Dee= Well we have a secret weapon on our hands so there is no way you could beat us.

Part 3-The next day at the bingo hall. (Medicine time)

Kirby, Sonic, Link, and Mario are at the empty bingo hall shivering probably because they knew what was going to break out or maybe just because they weren’t getting there medicine at the moment. Ganondorf, Dr. Eggman, and Waddle Dee entered from the back entrance and they had a scaly monster next to them.

Mario= Ahhhhhhh, it’s Bowser!

Baby Bower Jr.= I’m not Bowser. Bowser is my granddad. Baby Bowser is my dad and he named me Bowser too because the whole Bowser family isn’t very original. I’m 14 years old.

Ganondorf= Lets start this.

Baby Bowser Jr.= How about if I don’t want to fight right now.

Ganondorf= Your going to fight or I’ll ground you for a week!

(Baby Bowser Jr. stomps his feet)

Baby Bowser Jr.= I don’t want to! I have zits and they will make fun of me because of them.

Ganondorf= Do it!

Baby Bowser Jr.= I want a nose piercing!

Ganondorf= Don’t start with that Bowser.

Dr. Eggman= Lets begin all ready.

(Dr. Eggman fires a bullet at Mario and it shoots off his glasses)

Mario= I don’t need my glasses to fight sonny.

(Link tries picking up his heavy sword but it falls to the floor. Link then falls to the floor in exhaustion)

Waddle Dee= One down.

Kirby= It’s my turn to fight.

(Kirby begins to suck in Bowser)

Kirby= Whooooooooooooooooooo…….(cough cough cough cough cough cough).

(Kirby fell on the ground and has a heart attack)

Dr. Eggman= Two down.

Mario= Sonic use your ultra speed to attack them. Your our only hope.

Sonic= Eh?

Mario= Attack!

(Sonic starts walking slowly with his cane. Each step comes three inches closer)

Mario=…

Mario= I guess it’s my turn.

(Mario charges up a two inch fireball and throws it. His vision is so bad he ends up hitting Sonic instead)

Sonic= Ahhhhhhhh!

(Sonic falls on the floor while his skin is on fire)

Mario= Whoops.

Waddle Dee, Ganondorf, Dr. Eggman, and Baby Bowser Jr.=…

Baby Bowser Jr.= You said this would be fun Ganondorf!

Ganondorf= We won… we actually won!

Waddle Dee= I’m feeling kind of sickly.

Dr. Eggman= Yea, me too. I think it’s because we didn’t get our medicine.

Ganondorf= I’ll get some.

(Ganondorf walks off to get some medicine)

(Dr. Eggman and Waddle Dee fall on the floor from the lack of vitamins. Watching this, Baby Bowser walks away silently for he won’t be blamed for what had happened)

Mario= I win!

(Mario jumps up in victory and we suddenly hear a loud snap)

Mario= Ahhhhh, my hip!!!!!!!!!!

(Mario falls on the floor as well)

Part 4- The hospital

Mario, Link, Kirby, Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Waddle Dee, and Ganondorf laid on hospital beds with tubs emerging from their skin and oxygen masks on their faces.

Waddle Dee= Ganondorf how did you come here anyway? Weren’t you suppose to get the medicine?

Ganondorf= Yea, but I fell down the stairs by mistake.

Dr. Eggman= Great…

Mario= Next time we will get youz.

Sonic= I’ll kiss I bet you……..

Mario= Shut it death man.

That was the end of our little fieldtrip to see our beloved characters. Probably we won’t be able to see our heroes in any other games, but at least we can remember the good times and how much fun we had saving the day with them in the old days….

THE END

Thank you for reading (hopefully)

Drunk
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:30
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
I'm as old as they are reading that! good post mate!
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:41
Regular
Great post there, it was my night-time bed story, lol
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:42
Regular
"Festivus!"
I could lie to you and come over all infusiastic, but it's late, I am tired and my Bed is awaiting me with open arms...
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:44
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Tribute wrote:
> I could lie to you and come over all infusiastic, but it's late, I am
> tired and my Bed is awaiting me with open arms...

Can you at least give me a fake woo hoo?
Tue 22/10/02 at 23:45
Regular
"Festivus!"
To tired to even type 'Woo Hoo'. Maybe I will type 'Woo Hoo' tommorow. It's way too late to shout 'woo hoo' or even type 'woo hooo' now. Sorry
Wed 23/10/02 at 00:02
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
You do notice that you said woo hoo 3 times in that sentece?:|

Thanks for the good replies guys:)
Wed 23/10/02 at 00:03
Regular
"Festivus!"
That's why I did it..
Wed 23/10/02 at 00:48
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Great post Drunk Cow.
Wed 23/10/02 at 14:46
Regular
"sweats salad dressi"
Thanks Reynolds:D

I still want that wo hoo from someone though.:|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.