GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE PACKAGE CHANGED, FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/03/02 at 19:31
Regular
if you didnt already know all the gamecube packages have changed from and extra official pad to a logic 3 one. i thought thats only for the people who order from now on but i waqs wrong.

customer services told me it changed for everyone, due to a shortage of pads on launch day. then one of the staff members posted on the site saying the people who have already ordered WILL get the official pad and memory card. i phoned customer services again.

i told customer services what was told to me before, and what was said on the forums. i got back some mumbles and he said my order is with a logic 3 pad. i told him i have already paid long ago and he said i might get a official pad, he cant be sure. then i asked if i could pay extra for an upgrade to the official pad, and he said YES! i asked further and then i was told i might be refunded some money, as will everyone else but ive not heard anything like that from anyone else.

so whats going on? do we all get logic 3 pads if we ordered a package, or just the new orders? and why is this? a shortage of pads? then why can i pat more for an official one, or buy an extra one and still get it on launch day?
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:31
if you didnt already know all the gamecube packages have changed from and extra official pad to a logic 3 one. i thought thats only for the people who order from now on but i waqs wrong.

customer services told me it changed for everyone, due to a shortage of pads on launch day. then one of the staff members posted on the site saying the people who have already ordered WILL get the official pad and memory card. i phoned customer services again.

i told customer services what was told to me before, and what was said on the forums. i got back some mumbles and he said my order is with a logic 3 pad. i told him i have already paid long ago and he said i might get a official pad, he cant be sure. then i asked if i could pay extra for an upgrade to the official pad, and he said YES! i asked further and then i was told i might be refunded some money, as will everyone else but ive not heard anything like that from anyone else.

so whats going on? do we all get logic 3 pads if we ordered a package, or just the new orders? and why is this? a shortage of pads? then why can i pat more for an official one, or buy an extra one and still get it on launch day?
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:54
"+ suspicious minds"
really? is there that much difference beetwen the two controllers? i already pre ordered to, i just wondered if there is any point paying extra?
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:02
Boss Pac-Man wrote:
> really? is there that much difference beetwen the two controllers? i already pre
> ordered to, i just wondered if there is any point paying extra?

im not really paying extra, i was just seeing if they have any official pads. i feel conned because the logic 3 pads are less than half price and its a logic 3 memory card aswell.
Sat 30/03/02 at 20:27
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
OK, getting my legal hat on here...

If you pre-ordered the system when at the time it was offered with an official pad and official memory card, and have paid either in full or just a deposit, they HAVE to BY LAW provide you with the goods as described at that time. This means giving you the official products.

There is nothing to stop them changing the packs as they have done, but that can only affect future pre-orders. All of the previous ones should get the official products.

If you don't, they have broken their sales contract with your, and hence you are entitled to a complete refund or exchange on anything they provide that isn't as described.

Hope that helps.
Sat 30/03/02 at 21:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, I noticed that slight change, and because of it, I won't be buying the 2 controller GameCube pack.

I'm only going to buy the offical pads this time - as 2 of the 3 N64 pads I have now are unoffical and quite uncomfortable. I no one likes to come round and use them either. I don't wanna make that mistake again, so i'll only get offical GameCube pads. And I may also even import ones - one colour for each player.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.