GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have We Gone Too Far?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 23/10/02 at 20:36
Regular
I have heard that there is a new project being developed by Sony called Liquid Fire. This new piece of hardware will allow users to control the character with ones arms and legs. It will be a kind of virtual reality world which sounds amazing but sometimes I wonder if we have gone too far. Not just on this but many other things.
I fear thousands and thousands of people will disagree with me when I say that there are so many good stories from previous games ( the original Mario titles and many others.) The reason this fails whenever people try it is they add too much.
For instance its a great idea adding loads of extra puzzles and stuff to Resident Evil for Game Cube but this silly idea of more characters and all that blah.
However the one bit I liked was the giant sharks ( petrifying!) whereas the zombie dogs- which looked scary in the original title- are now so amazingly and utterly apalling they are a disgrace to modern graphics. In other words they suck. If you find this is turning into a review of Resident Evil. Don't worry becuase I know.
I feel that if we take things too fast we will end up with amazing virtual reality stuff and other hi-tech techno crap and a bunch of game writers that would shame even the writers of games such as Mary Kate and Ashley: Winners Circle feel somewhat ashamed of other ' mediocre' writers.
Finally we are using crap techniques like cell shading.

Hope you enjoyed this.
Yours Sincerely
Corporal Reddles.
Thu 24/10/02 at 04:34
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
In case anyone hasn't noticed I've changed my name to Don Reddles!
Thu 24/10/02 at 04:19
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Why isn't anyone posting in here anymore? :o(
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Rabbit<>K wrote:
> cell shading gives a new experience to a hobby which at times is
> repetitive plus the 2d games now have PERFECT graphics

Yes but you have to admit when they mess it up it looks really corny.
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:19
cell shading gives a new experience to a hobby which at times is repetitive plus the 2d games now have PERFECT graphics
Wed 23/10/02 at 21:11
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Kyz22 wrote:
> Finally we are using crap techniques like cell shading.
>
> * * * * * * * * * * * *
>
> I agree with that

Yeah, why on earth are we using techniques like cel shading. I mean we have harnessed the complete power of amazing 3D graphics and yet we are trying to make things 2D and cartoony. I just don't understand. Please reply if you agree.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:49
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Robin wrote:
> well i think its great, virtuall reality, i for sure would go out and
> buy one when they come out, oh wait its made by microsof so it will
> prob cost a bomb.
>
> but i still think that it is a great idear.

By the way it's being made by Sony so it will still probably cost a bomb so err... well... I might buy it!
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Robin wrote:
> but i still think that it is a great idear.

Im no genius, but since when did "idea" spawn an "r" into the end?
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:40
well i think its great, virtuall reality, i for sure would go out and buy one when they come out, oh wait its made by microsof so it will prob cost a bomb.

but i still think that it is a great idear.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:39
Regular
That was enjoyful and it also sound great, I hope they do as it will rule.
Wed 23/10/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Finally we are using crap techniques like cell shading.

I agree with that

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.