GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Screams*...*Loudly*"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 11:48
Regular
My whole World has been shattered, thanks to one Special Reserve news story. Eidos have confirmed, that along with Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness (don't care about this though), Championship Manager 4 will now be released during...

FEBRUARY 2003!!!

YES, FEBRUARY OF NEXT YEAR!!!

*cries*

I'm not sure I can take it anymore - our Championship Manager 01/02 CD broke a couple of months ago while I was in my 14th year with AS Roma, and since then I've been stuck with 00/01 which I just can't get into, I miss my Roma game.

So, I've been pulling through, just with the mere hope of the all-new Championship Manager 4 being released in November, less than a month from now. But now, even that is gone.

There are many reasons to dislike this announcement:

ONE - I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms, and 00/01 just doesn't cut it. I have found myself constantly biting my fist.

TWO - Championship Manager 4 will be based on the 01/02 season, and the teams will most probably be the same as they were at the start of the season. The game is released in February, so it's not that long before the season ends! It will be out of date within six months!

THREE - It will probably get even more hype, and end up being disappointing.

The only good thing I s'pose is that they can improve on it, but they've always kept to a November-December release date before and the game's always been awesome...

Ah well, I'll just have to spend my time completing Jak and Daxter and biting my fist.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 24/10/02 at 11:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
My whole World has been shattered, thanks to one Special Reserve news story. Eidos have confirmed, that along with Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness (don't care about this though), Championship Manager 4 will now be released during...

FEBRUARY 2003!!!

YES, FEBRUARY OF NEXT YEAR!!!

*cries*

I'm not sure I can take it anymore - our Championship Manager 01/02 CD broke a couple of months ago while I was in my 14th year with AS Roma, and since then I've been stuck with 00/01 which I just can't get into, I miss my Roma game.

So, I've been pulling through, just with the mere hope of the all-new Championship Manager 4 being released in November, less than a month from now. But now, even that is gone.

There are many reasons to dislike this announcement:

ONE - I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms, and 00/01 just doesn't cut it. I have found myself constantly biting my fist.

TWO - Championship Manager 4 will be based on the 01/02 season, and the teams will most probably be the same as they were at the start of the season. The game is released in February, so it's not that long before the season ends! It will be out of date within six months!

THREE - It will probably get even more hype, and end up being disappointing.

The only good thing I s'pose is that they can improve on it, but they've always kept to a November-December release date before and the game's always been awesome...

Ah well, I'll just have to spend my time completing Jak and Daxter and biting my fist.

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 24/10/02 at 11:54
Regular
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I knew it would happen i just knew it, aw well I just hope GTA: Vice City doesn't get changed.
Thu 24/10/02 at 11:56
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Small minded fool!

It boiled down to releasing it sooner, or having all the stuff they promised in the game.

REAL TIME 2D MATCHES, PEOPLE!

Besides, with Vice City coming out, you won't need a new game until February.
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:00
Regular
God will help you. He probably likes 00/01 though, so he's in no rush.
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
El blokey wrote:
> Small minded fool!

er......no.

Vice City will be great, but nothing compared to the joys of Championship Manager 4.

REAL TIME 2D MATCHES RULE, PEOPLE!
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:04
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
It's not that long a wait. Would you rather you just got an updated version of CM3?

...because then you can buy the Official Champ Man magazine. It has a patch for CM 01/02 to update the rosters. Maybe that'd help.
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:07
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Ant wrote:
> I'm not sure I can take it anymore - our Championship Manager 01/02 CD
> broke a couple of months ago while I was in my 14th year with AS Roma,
> and since then I've been stuck with 00/01 which I just can't get into,
> I miss my Roma game.

Simple solution - download a NoCD crack :)

Sure it's immoral, but with a season like that, you have to do it...
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:07
El blokey wrote:
> I got Small tool!
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
El blokey wrote:
> It's not that long a wait. Would you rather you just got an updated
> version of CM3?
>
> ...because then you can buy the Official Champ Man magazine. It has a
> patch for CM 01/02 to update the rosters. Maybe that'd help.

Maybe, but I haven't got 01/02 either. I've got 00/01.

Ah well, I'm still only 52% through Jak and Daxter, I can work on that and watch the brilliant sequences whenever they find Power Cells.

Also, I just find it a little strange, after all, Champ Manager 3 was all-new when it was released, and if my memory is correct that was released on-schedule.

I'm just disappointed, I was really looking forward to it.
Thu 24/10/02 at 12:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
Flux wrote:
> Simple solution - download a NoCD crack :)
>
> Sure it's immoral, but with a season like that, you have to do it...

That's also true, but I'm pretty sure we deleted it off the PC...

Although, it might be on my old PC, not this one.

*ponders*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.