GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another one bites the dust....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 15:17
Regular
Taken from Planetgamecube.com

Members of the gaming community were shocked when reports emerged concerning a 24-year-old male who died after an 86-hour game-fest at an internet café in Korea. Now another member of the gaming community has fallen victim to a similar overdose after 32 hours straight. Saturday morning in Fengyuan, Taiwan, a café employee found 27-year-old Lien Wen-cheng lying motionless on the bathroom floor, foaming at the mouth and bleeding from the nose. It is believed that the young man died from exhaustion after playing first person shooters in the same position for almost a day and a half.

According to psychologist Peter Watson, certain games induce a feeling of constant danger. And when such mental stress is combined with prolonged exposure and sleeplessness it can wreak havoc on the body. Hopefully having two incidents in the same month will be enough to raise public awareness on such overdosing and help prevent any more of these horrible deaths from occuring in the future.

Do these people not have anything better to do?
32 hours of game playing WTF?
Thu 24/10/02 at 17:48
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
It must've cost him a fortune.

No, about £2 an hour, for 32 hours. It really must've.

Thu 24/10/02 at 15:48
"Darth Vader 3442321"
This phenomenom is nothing new. For years now people have been found foaming at the mouth and bleeding profously from every orafice, whilst watching Eastenders or Coronation Street.
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I read in the paper he was found foaming at the mouth with blood pouring out of his nose.... :S

I won't be hungry tonight!!

That gives me an idea though...
But no! It's got nothing to do with 'Over-Extreme Gaming'!
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:36
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
That's just plain crazy!
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:35
Regular
I find it hard to sit infront of a monitor for 1 hour let alone 32 feckin hours.
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I cant understand how someone could go 10 hours straight on a game... let alone 30+ and even 80+ hours!

Jeez, thats insane.
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
They're droppiong like flies, and people really should get out more. 32 and 86 hours on the computer non stop!!! do these people have a life?
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:17
Regular
Taken from Planetgamecube.com

Members of the gaming community were shocked when reports emerged concerning a 24-year-old male who died after an 86-hour game-fest at an internet café in Korea. Now another member of the gaming community has fallen victim to a similar overdose after 32 hours straight. Saturday morning in Fengyuan, Taiwan, a café employee found 27-year-old Lien Wen-cheng lying motionless on the bathroom floor, foaming at the mouth and bleeding from the nose. It is believed that the young man died from exhaustion after playing first person shooters in the same position for almost a day and a half.

According to psychologist Peter Watson, certain games induce a feeling of constant danger. And when such mental stress is combined with prolonged exposure and sleeplessness it can wreak havoc on the body. Hopefully having two incidents in the same month will be enough to raise public awareness on such overdosing and help prevent any more of these horrible deaths from occuring in the future.

Do these people not have anything better to do?
32 hours of game playing WTF?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.