GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One Year (Three-Hundred and Sixty-Five Days)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 15:27
Regular
If my stats are to be believed, I have now been registered to this site for one-whole-year now. The time's gone by so-fast...

So many posts, so many GAD Prizes (;D )... in only 365 days too.
I've both seen and learnt a lot more from these here forums than I have from life itself for quite some time. But most of it's been about Gaming, which now acts as a big part of my life - just like Football, which i've also been educated on in a few areas since last year too. I've enjoyed the past year in these forums, and when I first signed-up I had never intended to do anything except Review-after-Review, after-Review, in-order to win. And then when I started posting and chatting, my name was soon popping-up on them Winners' Lists more times than I could've ever imagined.

Some may say that winning GAD has come quite "naturally" to me, after winning 16 in just one year, after getting of to a great early-start also. I don't like to think that way. If I thought like that, then i'd post like how Arsenal kicked-off on Saturday against a 'minor' Everton side - over-confident!
Quite recently, during the last month or two as "Just Arrived"s have been signing-up in large flocks and numbers, i've seen a lot of complaints and moanings from these people who believe they should be winning GAD instantly because it's apparently "that easy" to win! I don't like seeing that. Especially when they decide to leave the forums for good, just because things aren't going their way.

If there's one thing i've learnt about the system, it's that you are trult rewarded for all your hard work and effort within your attempts - especially if they are un-intentional winners. The fact is that they're just not prepared put real time, effort and care into their work, and that they'd rather be off elsewhere sending "txt msgs" 24/7 and slating-off people for no-apparent reason.

And that brings me onto another point... The arguing and slating over who's better than who.
Not only have I realised that there are a lot-more people out-there who also share a passion for Nintendo (aswell as an even-greater feeling for SONY and even a few more for Microsoft), but there ARE people out-there who are civilised and see no reason as to why any-one is better than any-other company or console.
These are the people who make these forums - and the chat - interesting. And they are not all Notables too, you know. But they are certainly not Newbies. Who, like myself, learn to within-time accept the other 2 for what they are, thanks to the many-other forum members at ukchatforums.com.

I must admit that the main thing that brought me here was the chance to win Free Games, and ever-day too. But these forums have become something meaningfull to me, something that I can't just ignore or brush-aside - like a knife sticking in my foot.
But this is no Chat Room as such, I have no real feelings for them like I do this place.
Is it because of the chances to win Free Games? It's gotta be, really!
But there's never any real great-amounts of Spam or people un-able to spell full-words properly here, and you can actually keep track of what exactly is going-on. It doesn't all just drop-off the bottom of the screen like elsewhere.

I like Games. I like Football. And i've found this to be a great place for talking about these 2 subjects alone, while winning Free Games. Thank you for all... 16 of them too. :D Although, of course, i'd still like some more. ;D
It's more of a 'way-of-life' than just another Chat Forum or standard Message Board. And in some cases, people can become over-obsessed with this place!
I'm glad i'm not one of them.

I'll still be here for another year, nothing can keep me away!
Unless of course my Internet goe.. - *CLICK*
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If my stats are to be believed, I have now been registered to this site for one-whole-year now. The time's gone by so-fast...

So many posts, so many GAD Prizes (;D )... in only 365 days too.
I've both seen and learnt a lot more from these here forums than I have from life itself for quite some time. But most of it's been about Gaming, which now acts as a big part of my life - just like Football, which i've also been educated on in a few areas since last year too. I've enjoyed the past year in these forums, and when I first signed-up I had never intended to do anything except Review-after-Review, after-Review, in-order to win. And then when I started posting and chatting, my name was soon popping-up on them Winners' Lists more times than I could've ever imagined.

Some may say that winning GAD has come quite "naturally" to me, after winning 16 in just one year, after getting of to a great early-start also. I don't like to think that way. If I thought like that, then i'd post like how Arsenal kicked-off on Saturday against a 'minor' Everton side - over-confident!
Quite recently, during the last month or two as "Just Arrived"s have been signing-up in large flocks and numbers, i've seen a lot of complaints and moanings from these people who believe they should be winning GAD instantly because it's apparently "that easy" to win! I don't like seeing that. Especially when they decide to leave the forums for good, just because things aren't going their way.

If there's one thing i've learnt about the system, it's that you are trult rewarded for all your hard work and effort within your attempts - especially if they are un-intentional winners. The fact is that they're just not prepared put real time, effort and care into their work, and that they'd rather be off elsewhere sending "txt msgs" 24/7 and slating-off people for no-apparent reason.

And that brings me onto another point... The arguing and slating over who's better than who.
Not only have I realised that there are a lot-more people out-there who also share a passion for Nintendo (aswell as an even-greater feeling for SONY and even a few more for Microsoft), but there ARE people out-there who are civilised and see no reason as to why any-one is better than any-other company or console.
These are the people who make these forums - and the chat - interesting. And they are not all Notables too, you know. But they are certainly not Newbies. Who, like myself, learn to within-time accept the other 2 for what they are, thanks to the many-other forum members at ukchatforums.com.

I must admit that the main thing that brought me here was the chance to win Free Games, and ever-day too. But these forums have become something meaningfull to me, something that I can't just ignore or brush-aside - like a knife sticking in my foot.
But this is no Chat Room as such, I have no real feelings for them like I do this place.
Is it because of the chances to win Free Games? It's gotta be, really!
But there's never any real great-amounts of Spam or people un-able to spell full-words properly here, and you can actually keep track of what exactly is going-on. It doesn't all just drop-off the bottom of the screen like elsewhere.

I like Games. I like Football. And i've found this to be a great place for talking about these 2 subjects alone, while winning Free Games. Thank you for all... 16 of them too. :D Although, of course, i'd still like some more. ;D
It's more of a 'way-of-life' than just another Chat Forum or standard Message Board. And in some cases, people can become over-obsessed with this place!
I'm glad i'm not one of them.

I'll still be here for another year, nothing can keep me away!
Unless of course my Internet goe.. - *CLICK*
Thu 24/10/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
Nice post Sol.
Hate to spoil things but you haven't been here a year yet, your stats say 356 days not 365 days. Post this again in 9 days time. :-)
Thu 24/10/02 at 16:02
Regular
Little Hobbo wrote:
> Nice post Sol.
> Hate to spoil things but you haven't been here a year yet, your stats
> say 356 days not 365 days. Post this again in 9 days time. :-)

You tell him little hobbo
Thu 24/10/02 at 16:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
GOD DAMMIT!!

Damn me and my pathetic eye-sight!
And i'm wearing my glasses this time too!!

I must be very-sightly-dislexic or something... i've done this once-or-twice before when reading stuff on-line.

I'll pop-it again in a few more days.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:10
Regular
Solskjær wrote:
> These are the people who make these forums - and the chat -
> interesting. And they are not all Notables too, you know. But they are
> certainly not Newbies.

im a newbie, and i make this place interesting
you'll probably win GAD for this
*cries*
Neway, im dedicated, the reason i stopped posting for roughly 100 days is because i got a GC and forgot about this place, but then i remembered half way thru sunshine for some reason, and i decided to come back
Forums rock, and so do most of you guys!
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:34
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
HAHAHAHA.
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:36
Regular
u arent nice....
*cries* WAAAAA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.