GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Sega, and its Dreamcast, did for me, and perhaps others."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 16:32
Regular
Hello ppl, I am here, as most of you are, to try and win me a game. Let's go:

To begin, I'd like to thank Sega for all of its wonderous productions that have either made me extremely happy at sampling its priviledges, filled in a boring gap in life, kept me sane, kept me insane, or got me into trouble for playing too much on one of its marvelous consoles (well, i've only owned a Mega-Drive, N64 and a Dreamcast). I am by no a means a hardcore gamer, well, apart from the addiction -mad cackle-; I don't check up on Gamer news and such lark. But I am learned on the 'affection' that Sega gives out, radiantly.
Consoles, and Sega in particular, have given me an alternative, in general life. I may thank them for it, and at times, scowl at them, because I sometimes, sadly, have the inability, and even motivation, to think of anything else. (Please do not be mistaken, I am not a fat, ugly slob)....
But now, unfortunately, Sega are out. -pensive- Maybe Microsoft will buy them..... And their Dreamcast was underated, and the PS2 overated. The Dreamcast was a happiness machine with its bright, colourful graphics, and ingenuitive gameplay. However, a small feeling at the back of my mind, was that it was not a 'fulfilling' console. I have now recently only just realised that it was an 'empty' console. There was never that satisfaction of the N64 in it, sadly. But now there is the Gamecube, ah....wonderful! There is a satisfying console now! But the Dreamcast layed out the foundations, up to the simple start up screen when there was no disc in. That was a standard setting feature. Bless you Sega! And may the evil cheaters (Sony and Microsoft) who just go around buying there way to victory, using other funds, collapse. Nintendo is the only strong fighter out there!
I remember, when I was about 7, I always felt bad when I played a Nintendo console and enjoyed it, but I had to brush that away. I was so patriotic! And I felt reluctant for the first few hours of play, when I and my older brother first got our N64 for Christmas. But now I'm looking foward to this Christmas (one of the few Christmas's I do), 'cus then I'll have my Gamecube. Go on Nintendo, you're the only fighter left standing!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this little ten minute concoction!

Sega-man
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:57
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Ah-Hem! I am a HUGE Sega fan and I have been for over a decade now..... and I own an XBox! I hoep MS dont fail..... and I do not hope Sony fail either. Its a pretty harsh thing to say, that a business should go under.

I dont wish any companies to go bakrupt and mean thousands or people lose their jobs......... but I WISH more than anything.... that Sega had not gone into debt........ at least they are still making AMAZING games which we all know and love, and the reason why I bought an XBox was because I believe Sega are releasing some of their best titles on there.

After all, if Sony or MS did go down, Sega couldnt survive! Cos at the moment they NEED to produce lots of great games to ensure they dont stay in debt. After all Im sure there are many MASSIVE Sega fans like me who own a Sony console, or a Microsoft console! But I am just a bit bitter that Sonic will be going to another console, I suppose we will have to get used to it.

Its a feeling I have, because with a Sega console, Sega only release games for that console, now they are going multi platform, I feel a bit cheated....... because I dont want to share Sega with other people. I know its weird, but its how I feel. I think people should have to buy a Sega console to experience the games.

I would never wish a company to go down..... I just wish Sega had not have to suffer from the Dreamcast which in my view is one of, if not their best masterpiece yet released!!! Hopefully, one day Sega will release another console.

..as HughJazz said:

BLESS YOU SEGA!!!!!!!! YOU RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thu 24/10/02 at 16:32
Hello ppl, I am here, as most of you are, to try and win me a game. Let's go:

To begin, I'd like to thank Sega for all of its wonderous productions that have either made me extremely happy at sampling its priviledges, filled in a boring gap in life, kept me sane, kept me insane, or got me into trouble for playing too much on one of its marvelous consoles (well, i've only owned a Mega-Drive, N64 and a Dreamcast). I am by no a means a hardcore gamer, well, apart from the addiction -mad cackle-; I don't check up on Gamer news and such lark. But I am learned on the 'affection' that Sega gives out, radiantly.
Consoles, and Sega in particular, have given me an alternative, in general life. I may thank them for it, and at times, scowl at them, because I sometimes, sadly, have the inability, and even motivation, to think of anything else. (Please do not be mistaken, I am not a fat, ugly slob)....
But now, unfortunately, Sega are out. -pensive- Maybe Microsoft will buy them..... And their Dreamcast was underated, and the PS2 overated. The Dreamcast was a happiness machine with its bright, colourful graphics, and ingenuitive gameplay. However, a small feeling at the back of my mind, was that it was not a 'fulfilling' console. I have now recently only just realised that it was an 'empty' console. There was never that satisfaction of the N64 in it, sadly. But now there is the Gamecube, ah....wonderful! There is a satisfying console now! But the Dreamcast layed out the foundations, up to the simple start up screen when there was no disc in. That was a standard setting feature. Bless you Sega! And may the evil cheaters (Sony and Microsoft) who just go around buying there way to victory, using other funds, collapse. Nintendo is the only strong fighter out there!
I remember, when I was about 7, I always felt bad when I played a Nintendo console and enjoyed it, but I had to brush that away. I was so patriotic! And I felt reluctant for the first few hours of play, when I and my older brother first got our N64 for Christmas. But now I'm looking foward to this Christmas (one of the few Christmas's I do), 'cus then I'll have my Gamecube. Go on Nintendo, you're the only fighter left standing!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this little ten minute concoction!

Sega-man

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.