GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameplay.co.uk"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 16:40
Regular
I know it might be a bit cheeky to post this here, on a rival site - but Gameplay.co.uk are making a habit of getting me games on the day BEFORE release.

I've never had this happen before, I got Timesplitters 2 on the Thursday and I've been told that my Colin McRae 3 and Pro Evolution 2 games are sitting at home. I always used to use Special Reserve, when you pre-order from SR, do they get the games to you this quickly?
Sat 26/10/02 at 15:34
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
Gameplay is biased towards PS2, and when I pre-ordered Turok Evolution it came a day before release.
Fri 25/10/02 at 22:46
not always mate
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:56
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
i dont wanna b unloyal 2 this site but gameplay gets it to u on the day of realise or the day before.its well descent for that plus u get it cheeper.
Fri 25/10/02 at 12:22
I know how you feel people some of the people I know only got resident evil 4 days after but that wasn't there fault. I have to say the only delay due to post I had was GTA and thats because I hyped myself up so much but it was only a day late and it was royal mails fault anyways
Fri 25/10/02 at 12:09
"Uzi Lover"
Sometimes if you pre-order from SR they send you the game a day before. I've had it happen to me before and heard many stories of others.
Fri 25/10/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Ulrika-ka-ka-ka-ka"
my mate has a Playstation
Fri 25/10/02 at 09:58
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I've only ever pre-ordered 1 game from anywhere and it was from SR.

I ordered Conflict Desert Storm, and it came on the MONDAY AFTER release!!!!

SR say they posted it on the wednesday before, so maybe it's the post to blame, i dunno, but it certainly put me off ever pre-ordering again.

I havn't ordered PRO EVO 2 or GTA3:Vice City, games that am definatly gettin, for fear that they don't turn up till days after the release, when everyone alse is playin it.

(also got pro evo 2 demo from GAME, so have to trade it in for £2 off price)
Fri 25/10/02 at 09:37
Regular
Mail order companies try to get the games to you in time for the release date. By sending them a little early, they are making a best guess, in the hope that it will arrive on release day. This means people will be happy to use mail order rather than simply marching to the shops on launch day - after all, people can be impatient enough that mail order could be a problem if it weren't for companies pre-empting the launch.

However, occasionally, if stocks are in early, then the product might get sent out a little too early, but this isn't a problem for anyone. The company is fine because all it was doing was aiming for the release day, and the customers themselves are happy to have got their game a little early.

So for example, I remember last year several people were getting F1 2001 about a week early. I`ve had a few games from SR arrive a couple of days or more before release, which is great, so yes, its possible it could happen here, or at any other mail company.
Fri 25/10/02 at 01:56
Yes sometimes that happens on SR

I never order from gameplay no more as they broke resident evil 2 on the dreamcast and the disc's were stratched and they wouldn't have it back
Thu 24/10/02 at 16:45
all i can say is righttttttttttttttttttt to the bloke b4 whos calling someone for saying the truth

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.