GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rituals of a sad man"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 18:04
Regular
Is it just me who has 'rituals' when playing games? Well for example when i play mario i always listen to Puff Daddy and Faith Evans 'I'll be missing you' and thus whenever i hear it on the radio i dont think of the notorious B.I.G oooh lordy no i think of mario being shot through a cannon. It all started when mario 64 came out oooooooh i loved this game i was always on it and around about the same time the Puff Daddy single came out and i bought it. Everytime i play mario i put this on, perhaps its just me (and im sure it is) but mario doesn't feel the same without it it feels like a hole that needs to be filled, so i put I'll be missing you on.

But for some reason it doesn't end there, there are other things i do almost subliminally when truly immersed in a game.

Street fighter ok so its a really old game but come on when nobody is looking don't we all sneak a quick go on out snes, nes or megadrive? well i know i do (but nobody else does *taps nose*) and when i do play i go on street fighter and when i decide that my chosen 'warrior' should go left i tilt the controller with him this one i have no idea how it came about even on my new consoles i seem inclined to do a bit of 'tilting'

When playing Xbox i always have to position the controller in the right groves and wrincles in my hand there is a join that runs along all of the controllers and it just has to be in the center on my palm. On a truly sad occasion i have known myself to sit for half an hour getting it just right (i know i know i really ought to think about my sanity)

When i get my chosen disk out for my GameCube i always have to sit on my chair and marvel at the sheer size of the Xbox and PS2 disks in comparison to the cute little 'Cube disk oh my how they have come on since the days of the Megadrive or Nes *smiles reminicently* uh anyway *wipes tear from eye* i just cant help but stare at these little disks everytime i take them out or put them in my 'Cube.

Ok this one isn't really a ritual but more a stupid thing to do...
When i first bought my current pc (about 1997) i only had a cd drive and for some unknown reason i called it betty but then about 2 years ago i did some upgradingand in the process bought a brand new dvd drive and obviously i gave it a name (i know im confused to) its name was 'frogmella'

So there are some of my habbits and ritualls but what are yours come on i know you have some so go on post them after all whos gonna find out?... weeell except about 2000 internet posters but hey.

Thanks For Reading

R<>K
Mon 28/10/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Beaten with sticks"
lol well if your gonna copy from anyone you may aswell copy from the best
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:45
lol yea kinda wierd i know it came from harry enfield
Thu 24/10/02 at 18:26
"MMMMM, Chicken"
Rabbit<>K wrote:
its name was 'frogmella'

Your making that up right?
Naming something is bad enough, but naming it 'frogmella'? Where the hell did that name come from?
Thu 24/10/02 at 18:13
"Mimmargh!"
I have just one thing to say:

Oh my God.

Nah, I know what you mean, my door handle in my room used to have metal car models attatched to it, and whenever someone would come in the handle stay down where they had pushed it. I had to reset its position before I could do anything else. Thankfully I removed the models and my life can return to normality.
Thu 24/10/02 at 18:04
Is it just me who has 'rituals' when playing games? Well for example when i play mario i always listen to Puff Daddy and Faith Evans 'I'll be missing you' and thus whenever i hear it on the radio i dont think of the notorious B.I.G oooh lordy no i think of mario being shot through a cannon. It all started when mario 64 came out oooooooh i loved this game i was always on it and around about the same time the Puff Daddy single came out and i bought it. Everytime i play mario i put this on, perhaps its just me (and im sure it is) but mario doesn't feel the same without it it feels like a hole that needs to be filled, so i put I'll be missing you on.

But for some reason it doesn't end there, there are other things i do almost subliminally when truly immersed in a game.

Street fighter ok so its a really old game but come on when nobody is looking don't we all sneak a quick go on out snes, nes or megadrive? well i know i do (but nobody else does *taps nose*) and when i do play i go on street fighter and when i decide that my chosen 'warrior' should go left i tilt the controller with him this one i have no idea how it came about even on my new consoles i seem inclined to do a bit of 'tilting'

When playing Xbox i always have to position the controller in the right groves and wrincles in my hand there is a join that runs along all of the controllers and it just has to be in the center on my palm. On a truly sad occasion i have known myself to sit for half an hour getting it just right (i know i know i really ought to think about my sanity)

When i get my chosen disk out for my GameCube i always have to sit on my chair and marvel at the sheer size of the Xbox and PS2 disks in comparison to the cute little 'Cube disk oh my how they have come on since the days of the Megadrive or Nes *smiles reminicently* uh anyway *wipes tear from eye* i just cant help but stare at these little disks everytime i take them out or put them in my 'Cube.

Ok this one isn't really a ritual but more a stupid thing to do...
When i first bought my current pc (about 1997) i only had a cd drive and for some unknown reason i called it betty but then about 2 years ago i did some upgradingand in the process bought a brand new dvd drive and obviously i gave it a name (i know im confused to) its name was 'frogmella'

So there are some of my habbits and ritualls but what are yours come on i know you have some so go on post them after all whos gonna find out?... weeell except about 2000 internet posters but hey.

Thanks For Reading

R<>K

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.