GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"i played on an x-box today and it was ****"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 22:36
Regular
the controller was more like a keyboard. If wreckless is one of there best games they don't have very good games then. They couldn't fit it inside the bowl thing so they put an extention on. It was terrible. I would only buy it if it was less than £10 or $15. It isn't worth buying for £300.
Thu 04/04/02 at 18:16
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Chaz86 said:

x-box is good but seriously guys! is it really worth £300?
maby £250 or £200.

--Was playstation 2 worth £300 when it was first released?

Ill let you answer that question yourself!
Tue 02/04/02 at 10:40
Regular
"accidental superher"
for me all the games cost about the same...around 25-30 new...
i always use auctions to get all my games new now cos they are so much cheaper.
only prob with that is you have to wait -for it to finish, money to be sent off and even for cheque to be cleared.
but if you're saving 20 quid from normal high street prices i think it is worth it.
i got oddworld for 24 quid, pgr for 30 and wreckless for 30...all brand new....not bad going is it!
Tue 02/04/02 at 09:33
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Chaz86 wrote:
To be honest its like buying a really fast car
> then realising that you must buy nuclear cells that create nuclear fission, but
> you find out that its only slightly better than a much cheaper car that is solar
> powered (cheap games) which runs almost as well.

The games on Xbox are about the same price as the other consoles. PS2 launch games where £45, every game £45 the same as the Xbox. Most PS2 games are now £40 with some being £45. SR sell PS2 games at a greatly reduced price. With games like GTA3 you can save £8 off the price.

GC games are £40 with SR giving a few quid discount. Xbox games are £40 or £43, SR are giving only a small discount on games.

The games for all 3 consoles are roughly the same. A matter of a few quid doesnt make any difference. What would matter is if Nintendo stuck to cartridges and started charging £50-60 for a game. Then you could moan about cheap and expensive games. But with only a couple of quid difference between the full retail price of games, then theres no reason to moan.
Tue 02/04/02 at 07:36
x-box is good but seriously guys! is it really worth £300?
maby £250 or £200.

Its good but the games aren't all they were hyped up to be!

I was emensly disappointed at its lack of fun! If there wasn't such hype i probably would have enjoyed it better!
Yes its better than the ps2 and it might be better than a game cube (which incidently is no kiddies console, just cheap and fun) but with the ps2 and the game cube costing less they will sell better- no contest!

To be honest its like buying a really fast car then realising that you must buy nuclear cells that create nuclear fission, but you find out that its only slightly better than a much cheaper car that is solar powered (cheap games) which runs almost as well.

I hope you see my point that x-box is good but is only slightly better and don't start slaggin my oppion off just because microsoft pays you to!
Sat 30/03/02 at 15:08
Listen guys u'r lucky cause we had to pay 500 Euro (Irish)for our XBox and that translates into £306 sterling
Oisín
Fri 29/03/02 at 22:08
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Tequila Sunset wrote:
> Go back to the PS2 forum
------

Quick assumption there, eh? Maybe you shouldn't think all people that act like this are PS2 owners, because, believe me, you are wrong.

I think this guy is a ninty, as I have seen him on the nintendo forum quite a few times, praising the GC.

So, I don't think he supports Sony.
(Thank god).
Fri 29/03/02 at 16:03
Regular
"accidental superher"
even though i think that what he said was a pile of t**d...but cut out all this sl*gging will ya....we'll just end up with the whole topic with about 30 posts with just people flashing the fact that they can swear
Fri 29/03/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Go back to the PS2 forum you Gimboid
Thu 28/03/02 at 22:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cause your a complete mong perhaps ?
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:58
How come you somehow insult me for everything i say?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.