GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Great Pc Versus Console War"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/10/02 at 20:58
Regular
Now my friends, im sure we have all at one time argued with friends or colleagues about which is the greatest platform for our godly gaming experiences. The PC. Or the Console. The arguments are many, "Pc is superiour with its multiplayer possibilties and updates" they shout from one side of the battle ridden virtual landscape. "The consoles ease of use and value for money make it the only choice" they shout from the other. Well my humble warriors, it is here where the great battle shall be continue and may well be ended. I call upon you to prove to us which is truly greatest for gaming. The PC. The Console. Its in your hands.
Fri 25/10/02 at 09:57
I somehow doubt that the whole PC/console war will be ended here, but lets wait and see...
My personal preference is for a good PC - but I will admit that consoles are great fun.
I'm not too sure on the whole price thing either - sure consoles are cheaper, but if you buy a lot of games, that really bumps the price up, whereas, PC games seem to be coming out on budget even quicker. The quality of game that you can get for a 5-er is much higher on the PC than any console I know (this is very important to me 'cos I am a poor student...) and you probably aren't just paying for a games machine when you buy a PC.

Quoting Kyz22
>the consoles win hands down on games quality and game play but PC's are >better on some areas like strategy, its kinda simple!

Yeah, I suppose, but PCs definitely kick the proverbial for FPS.

Anyway, thats what I think...
Fri 25/10/02 at 09:37
Regular
Console for games. Better value (even though the games can be a bit more expensive then PC ones) thanks to the low price of the hardware at the moment.

PS2 and XBOX also double up as DVD players and also play CD's.

As for speed, how many PC games actually look 10x better than a Next gen console with quality games like GT3, Halo, etc.

No need to solve "pc problems" like software crashing. No need to install upgrades to your OS just to run your new game. No slow down on newer, bigger games.

With a console its on the tv - which if your lucky will be much bigger and better than your pc monitor. Plus, how many Widescreen pc monitors are there?
Thu 24/10/02 at 21:19
PC's are definatley better, no doubt about it, although they are making some good powerfull consoles but still, they will never beat a good pc...
Thu 24/10/02 at 21:08
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Its not a great war, the consoles win hands down on games quality and game play but PC's are better on some areas like strategy, its kinda simple!
Thu 24/10/02 at 20:58
Now my friends, im sure we have all at one time argued with friends or colleagues about which is the greatest platform for our godly gaming experiences. The PC. Or the Console. The arguments are many, "Pc is superiour with its multiplayer possibilties and updates" they shout from one side of the battle ridden virtual landscape. "The consoles ease of use and value for money make it the only choice" they shout from the other. Well my humble warriors, it is here where the great battle shall be continue and may well be ended. I call upon you to prove to us which is truly greatest for gaming. The PC. The Console. Its in your hands.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.