GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuntman?? What you know about it?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 20:15
Regular
I was interested in this title just from the name but i can't find any information on it! I presume its based around performing stunts, but in what form? Will it be a corny hollywood thing or will it bring endless hours of fun to its owners? I think its a cool idea to make a game based around stunts, and therefore i am intreged to find out more about this mysterious game.
I am hoping that it will be a great game and if anyone has any information on it please can you inform me.
thanks

A+D
Sat 30/03/02 at 10:39
Regular
they probly think it is just looking at something
Fri 29/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
kéñjí14 wrote:
> i got told it was crap from my mates mate who pre orderd it

---

so you're mates who pre-ordered it know what it is like then, even though they ain't played it?

Do you know what pre-ordering something is?
Fri 29/03/02 at 21:11
Right, here's what IGN have to say about the matter:

'Nice enough that it's hard to say what the potential success of Stuntman, the company's next-generation debut, might buy. Maybe walk-in humidors to put next to each desk. Whatever the proceeds go towards, though, it looks like the game will be a sucess. It doesn't quite have the same instant hook as Driver -- the cops vs. robbers concept is one of entertainment's most enduring -- but Stuntman shares plenty of the gameplay and design elements that made that series a hit. After all, half the fun of Driver was making your own movie. Why not go all the way this time?

The basic design of Stuntman should be familiar from earlier previews -- it's a series of scripted driving challenges based on the stunts of six different movie genres. If it's the sort of movie that features car chases, it's probably here:

Toothless In Wapping: A parody of a parody, really, a play on the Guy Ritchie sort of low-budget bumbling British crime comedy. Ask someone from England where Wapping is, because we haven't any idea. The balance of Toothless' action takes place in muscle cars and police cruisers around the London docks.

A Whooping and a Hollering: Yes, this game was made in England -- how could you tell? The second film switches to redneck crime comedy, a la Dukes of Hazzard or Smokey and the Bandit. The environments are patterned after the countryside around Shreveport, Louisiana, with stunt jumps over rivers and through boxcars.

Blood Oath: This one's done in the John Woo style of Hong Kong action, but it's actually set in Bangkok, Thailand. Some of the stunt chases actually bring to mind the cult classic Diva, though, as the hero pilots a little three-wheeled minicab (called a "tuk-tuk") through buildings and over rooftops. The finesse level required seems to ratchet up a fair bit at this point.

Conspiracy: A political thriller set in the Swiss Alps (perhaps like The Eiger Sanction), with several stunts on a snowmobile. Motorcycles and other two-wheeled vehicles evidently don't work with the game's physics model, but anything with four appendages is ready to go. Bike fans are also advised that a sidecar-equipped model does appear in the game.

Scarab of the Lost Souls: At this point in the game, you're closing in on the big time, working on the new Dakota Scott picture (m'ha-ha). This involves plenty of action in an old Willy's jeep, dodging Nazi armor and crashing through the classic Roger Ebert fruit carts of an Egyptian city.

Live Twice For Tomorrow: And now, the pinnacle, standing in for super-spy Simon Crowne. Set in Monaco, this film has scenes set on seaside roads and the famous urban Fomula One circuit, with a wide selection of Bond-car-alikes (there are remarkable likenesses of the Lotus Esprit, Aston Martin DB7, Fiat 500, and so on).'

Not bad, eh?
Fri 29/03/02 at 20:23
Regular
The films you'll star in are tongue-in-cheek homages to well-known films. Toothless in Wapping is an independent comedy, set in London, that harks back to such films as Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. A Whoopin' and a Hollerin', an action comedy set in Louisiana, calls to mind Hooper and the Smokey and the Bandit films. Blood Oath, an action film set in Bangkok, is done in the style of John Woo action films. Conspiracy is a political thriller, set in the Swiss Alps, that calls to mind the Tom Clancy-inspired action movies that Harrison Ford has starred in. The Scarab of Lost Souls is an action-adventure film, set in Cairo, which draws inspiration from the Indiana Jones movies. Finally, Live Twice for Tomorrow is a spy thriller set in Monaco, and it shares similarities with the James Bond series. Each film shoot will offer a number of stunt-filled scenes that you must complete within a time limit. At the end of each movie shoot, you'll be able to access a movie trailer that splices CG footage of the movie you've just finished shooting with in-game footage of your performance.
Fri 29/03/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Tag as above"
Looks like it might have cars in it.
Fri 29/03/02 at 09:29
Regular
"  "
It looks like it will play alot like driver.
Fri 29/03/02 at 07:29
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
kéñjí14 wrote:
> i got told it was crap from my mates mate who pre orderd it

So your mates mate says a game that he has pre ordered is crap before he has been able to play it.

Why did he pre order it? how does he know what it's like ?
what planet are you on ?
Fri 29/03/02 at 00:16
Regular
that makes sense
Thu 28/03/02 at 21:15
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
i got told it was crap from my mates mate who pre orderd it
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:27
Regular
Aparently there will be 6 levels in which there are about 20 stunts in each, it sounds like it plays like THPS3 but i doubt it will.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.