GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colin McRae 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Colin McRae Rally 3'.
Fri 25/10/02 at 10:37
Regular
What's it like, has anyone played it yet ?, does it live up to expectations ?, has anyone seen any reviews in mags or on the net ?

I'm a bit short of cash this month but am desperate to buy it - but may wait for PC release, decisions decisions
Mon 28/10/02 at 12:13
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I bought CMR3 on Sunday, it's great - some pop up in certain countries.
Much better than the demo of WRC II, should take ages to finish, started on Normal and each rally last about 20 mins - roughlt 2 hours just to complete first championship, then there are 2 more (with more stages) and then all three championships again on the harder difficulty levels - I'll still be playing it at Xmas.
I had confidence in Codemasters and it was rewarded, shame PC version isn't out for months though as I would have bought that instead.
Mon 28/10/02 at 10:16
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Plays great but what the hell is it with Codemasters ?

Damn Pop up - this is PS2 for chrissakes....

And whats with being able to go through solid objects ?

Surely roadside barriers are supposed to be solid - they are not some kind of projected image - but Ive seen my car just go straight through and te barrier still be there - not knocked over or anything - grrrrr.

These sort of things should have been sorted by Codies. Yes the game is great and the handling is as sublime as ever from them but there reputation is going to go downhill very quickly if they cant get the graphics sorted in their games.
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:43
Regular
"Sturb du sweine"
I thought the 1an 2 were could but this one is amazing and def. beats WRC 2,by miles get it its so descent
Fri 25/10/02 at 18:45
"You love us!"
It's waiting for me at home. Damn i need to go home.
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:10
Regular
Right, having give each of them a quick run out, for me Colin MaRae wins hands down, the drive is very realistic, whereas WRC II the handling is total pants.
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:50
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I have heard good reports about it, if that is any help.
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:37
Regular
Just got the latest edition of OPS2M with a playable demo of Colin Mcrae and WRC 2 on, will yet you know later what I think of both of them.

OPS2M says Colin Mcrae just edges it but gave them both 9/10
Fri 25/10/02 at 12:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I post on another board that some of the Codemasters guys visit, and a few people there have played it. It's incredible, from all accounts. Seems to make up for the huge disappointment that was Toca.
Fri 25/10/02 at 10:58
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I hope it does live up to expectaions - it should be on my doormat when I get home later...
Fri 25/10/02 at 10:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
What's it like, has anyone played it yet ?, does it live up to expectations ?, has anyone seen any reviews in mags or on the net ?

I'm a bit short of cash this month but am desperate to buy it - but may wait for PC release, decisions decisions

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.