GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2 Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Fri 25/10/02 at 11:17
Regular
I know a lot of people (inlcuding myself) have many queries about this game. With a thread we can keep them all in the same area without cluttering the forum with lots of Hitman 2 posts. Hitman 2 is my favourtie Xbox game since Halo and to be honest it is one of my all time favourite games. I was one of the very few people who owned and completed the first Hitman game and ever since I have been waiting for the 2nd ever since. If you want to ask some questions or find out about Silent Assassin ratings then just leave them in here and someone will hopefully answer them :)

I have a couple of queries thaat I am sure others would like to know as well.

I have achieved 5 Silent Assassin Ratings yet I only have been awarded 2 new weapons. One of the guides that I read said that you get an M4 for getting 5 Silent Assassin ratings. Does anyone know the full reward system?

Is it possible to get a Silent Assassin Rating for using the Fiber Wire to kill more than the intended targets? I don't like using the Anasthetic because it is limited and it doesn't complete knock them out for good. Does anyone know what weapons can be used to kill multiple targets whilst still achieving the Silent Assassin rating?

What is the actuall criteria for Silent Assassin rating? I have read many different versions but does anyone know the official criteria?

How many people can be killed without being seen before damaging the Silent Assasin Rating?

If anyone has anymore I will try to answer them myself or maybe Nomad may be of assistance if he is around ;) Enjoy!
Sun 27/10/02 at 02:02
will do :P

Aint got it like???
Sat 26/10/02 at 13:15
Regular
Yes Nomad you do gain weapons for finishing a level with them but you also get weapons for Silent Assassin Ratings! Try the first mission again and don't kill anyone but the Mafia Boss. Take Anasthetic but leave all guns behind. Its hard to get a Silent Assassin Rating but the guns you gain are very good. For getting your first Silent Assassin Rating you get Dual Silver .45 Silenced and they are amazing! For Second Silent Assassin I got the Sawn off Shotgun but for the 3rd and 4th I didn't get anything. Try it out and see how many bonus weapons you can get :)
Sat 26/10/02 at 09:27
Regular
I must admit I haven't paid much attention to my end of mission ratings, but I do try to complete each mission as undetected as possible. Somtimes though, events get out of hand and you have to go on a little killing spree ;)

I thought you gain new weapons by having them in your possession when you finish a mission(?)

Brilliant game with good replay value.
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:56
I dont know it seemed like a bad console to pc port and the AI didn't look round when someone was shot and the sound was loud
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:43
Regular
Its Ok mate I don't mind helping out :)

Is NightFire any good? I am thinking of getting it as I enjoyed Agent Under Fire a lot. How bad is the AI? What build of the game was it? Cheers.
Fri 25/10/02 at 21:33
Thanks for that mate I might consider getting it then I played the pc version of 007 nightfire tonight AI needs alot of tweaking
Fri 25/10/02 at 16:51
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> I too have the first hitman game so whats the controls like on this
> one???

Very good! The left analog stick controls the movements of Agent 47 whilst the right analog does the camera. You can scroll through the weapons by holding down the X button whilst using the D-Pad or you can press Y which pauses the game and goes into the weapons menu. Unlike the PC Hitman where it was quite easy to get through each mission this one is a lot LOT harder! There is a detection system which is in the top right of the screen and it is used to show you how vunerable Agent 47 is. The quicker you move around targets/enemies the more aware they become of your presence. The R Trigger shoots the weapons, the A button performs tasks (i.e. Take Clothes or Drag), the L Button activates Sneak mode when tapped but also if you hold the L Button Agent 47 crouches down to the floor.

In the first Hitman if you take a disguise without anyone seeing then you can run as fast as you want around the targets without being detected, however Hitman 2 utilises a whole different scheme. If you have an outfit where your head isn't covered then guards become suspicous very quickly of your presence. In Hitman 2 there is now a rating system at the end of each mission and it is judged on various things:

Stealth
Agression
Time Taken
Enemies Killed
Head Shots
Innocents Killed
Innocents Harmed

They are the main ones but there are a few others mixed in with those ratings.

The game runs at a smooth 60 Frames Per Second and I haven't encounted any slow down as of yet. At first when you start the game you think it is just like the first Hitman, but once you start to move through the mission you quickly realise it is a lot different. In terms of movement and looks Agent 47 looks more or less the same just with a very high texture rate.

If you run through each mission blasting away then your rating will appear accordingly (i.e. Cleaner = Bad). However take your time and only use the Anasthetic for taking out your enemies and moving un-detected then you will achieve the Silent Assassin rating. You are rewarded after Silent Assassin ratings with new weapons which go back to your tool shed at the end of every mission.

That brings me onto the tool shed :) Every weapon you complete a mission with is taken back to your tool shed and it then becomes available for future missions. If 2 missions are linked together then you are only able to carry forward the weapons you selected first time around so I like to choose wisely :) The sounds have been given a Michael Jackson face lift and they are now well above the first Hitman game. Music appears when you trigger certain things in the game or if you enter a different area. The Score is the best I have heard since Halo and it is performed by an actual orchestra just for this game!

There are LOADS of weapons to use ranging from the Golf Club to the Sniper Rifle and in total I would guess at around 20-30 different weapons are avaiable once gained. There are 20 missions in total (although I am on Mission 6) but I like to go through and get Silent Assassin rating on each mission. In short to some up what I have been saying, you can't miss out on this game! I was going to avoid getting it but I am glad I didn't now. Don't miss out on this superb game (sorry for the sales cliche but I do mean it :)

Nomad if you are reading this could you try to answer the questions I posted in the main thread? Cheers mate! Speaking of Hitman 2 I am off to play the game now and give my fingers a rest :)
Fri 25/10/02 at 13:40
ive got hitman 2 on pc, but i dont really think that it is that good...
Fri 25/10/02 at 12:05
I too have the first hitman game so whats the controls like on this one???
Fri 25/10/02 at 11:17
Regular
I know a lot of people (inlcuding myself) have many queries about this game. With a thread we can keep them all in the same area without cluttering the forum with lots of Hitman 2 posts. Hitman 2 is my favourtie Xbox game since Halo and to be honest it is one of my all time favourite games. I was one of the very few people who owned and completed the first Hitman game and ever since I have been waiting for the 2nd ever since. If you want to ask some questions or find out about Silent Assassin ratings then just leave them in here and someone will hopefully answer them :)

I have a couple of queries thaat I am sure others would like to know as well.

I have achieved 5 Silent Assassin Ratings yet I only have been awarded 2 new weapons. One of the guides that I read said that you get an M4 for getting 5 Silent Assassin ratings. Does anyone know the full reward system?

Is it possible to get a Silent Assassin Rating for using the Fiber Wire to kill more than the intended targets? I don't like using the Anasthetic because it is limited and it doesn't complete knock them out for good. Does anyone know what weapons can be used to kill multiple targets whilst still achieving the Silent Assassin rating?

What is the actuall criteria for Silent Assassin rating? I have read many different versions but does anyone know the official criteria?

How many people can be killed without being seen before damaging the Silent Assasin Rating?

If anyone has anymore I will try to answer them myself or maybe Nomad may be of assistance if he is around ;) Enjoy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.