GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Let us remember the deceased"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/03/02 at 17:23
Regular
March 1997. A date we will all remember as one of the greatest day in gaming history ever. The release of the Nintendo 64. Queues formed at midnight and fans awaiting to play one of the most memorable consoles ever. Now it is gone, and all focus is now on the Nintendo Gamecube. But Why? The nintendo 64 is just as good as its ever been, with games that are never forgotten, the wacky controllers and much much more. But why is it the Nintendo 64 was such a huge bust. It was one of the best consoles ever. I bet all of you owned one. It may have been expensive at first but when it dropped rapidly in price it was the bargain of the year. It was so much more than a grey box.

It was the first console to introduce a four way play with four controls without buying a multitap like the Playstation. It was 64 bit and had some of the greatest games ever. Not to mention the hardware to buy for it too. Overall it was a great console.

Let us remember the great games available at the time. There was Mario 64, one of the first games released and is still played today. It was one of the longest games I had ever played. Trying to get all 120 stars. It was a pure masterpiece. There was also Mario Kart with all his friends and much more than the original. It was one of the best multiplayer games ever. But lets not forget Diddy Kong Racing, another good game and up the top with Mario Kart. One of my favourites was Goldeneye. A never forgotten movie and game which kept you stuck on the console for ages. Not only was it a great one player game but it but a multiplayer too. Super Smash Brothers was a perfect game. Completely original and fun to play. You would never have thought Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and Kirby would be in the same game. Also great sports games were ISS 1998 and WWF No Mercy. Fun to play with friends and family. I could go on naming games for ages and ages and still not be finished. Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME (not to mention the sequal) ,Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, F-Zero X, Mario Tennis and soooooooooooooooo many more.

Remember how it was these games that brought you and your friends and family together in one room playing on the same TV enjoying yourselves. Whether it was a multiplayer game or not it still brought smiles to your faces so never forget it.

Remember the best momment in Nintendo 64's life. The birth of it on the month that was March, and the year that was 1997. Do not forget the death of it. The last game released that was Mario Party 3.

But though it may seem dead the Nintendo 64 is alive in each and every one of us. We played it and we enjoyed it!
I hope this message has reminded you of the fun you had on your Nintendo 64 and maybe, just maybe you will keep your console if you have one. It is a classic so never get rid of it.
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:23
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
March 1997. A date we will all remember as one of the greatest day in gaming history ever. The release of the Nintendo 64. Queues formed at midnight and fans awaiting to play one of the most memorable consoles ever. Now it is gone, and all focus is now on the Nintendo Gamecube. But Why? The nintendo 64 is just as good as its ever been, with games that are never forgotten, the wacky controllers and much much more. But why is it the Nintendo 64 was such a huge bust. It was one of the best consoles ever. I bet all of you owned one. It may have been expensive at first but when it dropped rapidly in price it was the bargain of the year. It was so much more than a grey box.

It was the first console to introduce a four way play with four controls without buying a multitap like the Playstation. It was 64 bit and had some of the greatest games ever. Not to mention the hardware to buy for it too. Overall it was a great console.

Let us remember the great games available at the time. There was Mario 64, one of the first games released and is still played today. It was one of the longest games I had ever played. Trying to get all 120 stars. It was a pure masterpiece. There was also Mario Kart with all his friends and much more than the original. It was one of the best multiplayer games ever. But lets not forget Diddy Kong Racing, another good game and up the top with Mario Kart. One of my favourites was Goldeneye. A never forgotten movie and game which kept you stuck on the console for ages. Not only was it a great one player game but it but a multiplayer too. Super Smash Brothers was a perfect game. Completely original and fun to play. You would never have thought Mario, Donkey Kong, Link and Kirby would be in the same game. Also great sports games were ISS 1998 and WWF No Mercy. Fun to play with friends and family. I could go on naming games for ages and ages and still not be finished. Conkers Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME (not to mention the sequal) ,Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, F-Zero X, Mario Tennis and soooooooooooooooo many more.

Remember how it was these games that brought you and your friends and family together in one room playing on the same TV enjoying yourselves. Whether it was a multiplayer game or not it still brought smiles to your faces so never forget it.

Remember the best momment in Nintendo 64's life. The birth of it on the month that was March, and the year that was 1997. Do not forget the death of it. The last game released that was Mario Party 3.

But though it may seem dead the Nintendo 64 is alive in each and every one of us. We played it and we enjoyed it!
I hope this message has reminded you of the fun you had on your Nintendo 64 and maybe, just maybe you will keep your console if you have one. It is a classic so never get rid of it.
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:28
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Let's hold a minutes silence for the loved machine which (in my case) will be making the trip to console heaven (my sisters room with my old SNES) but I will never forget the console that introduced proper 3d gameing and proper 4 player ! (stands with head bowed and remembers the good old days) :(
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:31
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Thank you for showing respect for the deceased. We will never forget the Nintendo 64.
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:36
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Ghost Killer wrote:
> Thank you for showing respect for the deceased. We will never forget the
> Nintendo 64.

Are you plannig to buy any more games for our beloved machine (god rest it's sole) ?
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Yes Istill buy them from second hand shops or brand new so I can play with my friends.
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:41
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
If you can get Body Harvest for the 64 you should get it, the graphics are n't that special and gameplay is n't greatbut you get to go aroung in loads of veichles and kill aliens (u even get to be a nuclear missle) !!! :0
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Thanks for that I'll keep that in mind next time I'm thinking of buying a Nintendo 64 game.
Wed 27/03/02 at 17:57
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree, who says it's dead, and who has the right to say it was a bad console!!

I'm still playing mine, and for some reason i'm also still after about 10 games for it! There must be some reason??? Maybe because it appealed to me!?

I'll always remember March '97. I couldn't believe it when I opened a birthday present to find an N64 with Mario 64!! Making me the first person I knew to own one!
But my mum and dad were soon 'changed in feelings' when the price suddenly dropped to £250.

If it wasn't for the high prices and treatment of Europe, i'd probably have almost all the games i've ever wanted for the N64, and wouldn't need to be looking for pre-owned ones now!

No, I won't show my respect for the deseased! Because that is a lie!!

Why do you say it is dead when you yourself are still enjoing it among others!!???
Wed 27/03/02 at 18:08
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Ok, thats say that we are starting to move on. What games are you after by the way ?
Wed 27/03/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hmmmmmm......there's about 10 of them I think:

Here are the ones of which I know I can get from people:

Banjo Kazzoie
Banjo Tooie
Blast Corps
Donkey Kong 64
Turok (maybe)
Turok 2 (maybe)
Turok 3 (maybe)

And here are some others that I can't definiltey get:

The World Is Not Enough
1080 Snowboarding (from GameStation or may wait for 1080 2)
Rocket: Robot on Wheels (maybe)
Shadowman (maybe GameStation again)

I'm sure that's all. But I have a job now, and should be able to afford them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.