GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sidle?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/10/02 at 15:15
Regular
Do any of you know what the word "Sidle" means?
No? Nah, me neither. I haven't got a clue!
But Nintendo apparently know something...

I was watching that second NGC DVD for the ump-teenth time the other day, more importantly, the Zelda footage - not the stuff that Shigsy is playing himself. Early into it, you see Link 'sliding' along the side of a rock, keeping himself well-hidden from the enemy's he is obviously trying to creep-past stealthily. This may look great and everything, but there's just one problem...

Look at the B button in the top-right of the screen.
Tell me what it says.
No, no "Slide", it actually says "Sidle" if you look more carefully!

Nintedo making mistakes... what is the world coming to?? :S

When I first saw this, I laughed. Obviously someone at the Big N needs to re-visit his 'Basic Japanese-English' book before the game finally reaches European and American shores!

It's nothing big or serious, it's just a little humorous.
Hopefully this is the ONLY mistake Nintendo will make with Zelda: Wind of Takuto! And i'm sure it will be. :)

And no, you DIDN'T also notice it too! :P
Sat 26/10/02 at 11:49
Regular
i always defined it as creep slowly but i dont really know it's deinition
Fri 25/10/02 at 20:24
Regular
You're not alone Blank! Here I am with my dictionary out, ready to prove someone wrong when someone gets there first! Grr...

:D
Fri 25/10/02 at 17:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Rofl, I was just about to point out that sidle is actually a word, but someone got there first - with a definition and everything! Damn you!
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:33
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Sidle: "Walk obliquely, move timidly or furtively."

I see...

I had no idea this was actually a word!
There was a Pocket Oxford Dictionary sat right next-to me but I never thought to look-it-up!

Astonishing! Nintendo have amazed me once again! :o
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:18
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Roget’s II: The New Thesaurus, Third Edition. 1995.

sidle

VERB: To advance carefully and gradually: ease, edge. See CAREFUL, MOVE

:D
Fri 25/10/02 at 15:15
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Do any of you know what the word "Sidle" means?
No? Nah, me neither. I haven't got a clue!
But Nintendo apparently know something...

I was watching that second NGC DVD for the ump-teenth time the other day, more importantly, the Zelda footage - not the stuff that Shigsy is playing himself. Early into it, you see Link 'sliding' along the side of a rock, keeping himself well-hidden from the enemy's he is obviously trying to creep-past stealthily. This may look great and everything, but there's just one problem...

Look at the B button in the top-right of the screen.
Tell me what it says.
No, no "Slide", it actually says "Sidle" if you look more carefully!

Nintedo making mistakes... what is the world coming to?? :S

When I first saw this, I laughed. Obviously someone at the Big N needs to re-visit his 'Basic Japanese-English' book before the game finally reaches European and American shores!

It's nothing big or serious, it's just a little humorous.
Hopefully this is the ONLY mistake Nintendo will make with Zelda: Wind of Takuto! And i'm sure it will be. :)

And no, you DIDN'T also notice it too! :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.