GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I AM TUROK!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 23:03
Regular
There are loads of things that I really wish that I'd created, instead of some other guy...but the one thing that I really kick myself in the backside about, is Turok. I really wish I'd been around in the 1950's, because then maybe it would have been me who'd created Turok..and not some guy named Fabian Nicieza (of X-Men and Justice League of America fame, fact fans!).

Anyway, on the risk of being accused of totally ripping off BIGMAN's topic about which games should be made into movies, wouldn't a series of movies based upon Dinosaur Hunter, Seeds of Evil and Shadow of Oblivion be absolutely fan-fecking-tastic?

Imagine this scene:

Joshua Fireseed runs through the dense jungle rainforests of the Lost Lands, only to be confronted by a trio of ferocious Velociraptors. With one pull of a trigger, Joshua sends the Raptors straight to hell with a blast from a Scorpion Missile Launcher. Blood and gibs fly all over the place, and Joshua wipes the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand....

The Turok games would work well as movies...as their mixture of all-out action, sci-fi loveliness and more-than-decent storylines are three things that do genuinely make a good movie. And, with the abilities of movie special effects nowadays, Turok movies would be something that fans of the game would want to see over and over.
Tue 26/03/02 at 23:03
Regular
"Remember me?"
There are loads of things that I really wish that I'd created, instead of some other guy...but the one thing that I really kick myself in the backside about, is Turok. I really wish I'd been around in the 1950's, because then maybe it would have been me who'd created Turok..and not some guy named Fabian Nicieza (of X-Men and Justice League of America fame, fact fans!).

Anyway, on the risk of being accused of totally ripping off BIGMAN's topic about which games should be made into movies, wouldn't a series of movies based upon Dinosaur Hunter, Seeds of Evil and Shadow of Oblivion be absolutely fan-fecking-tastic?

Imagine this scene:

Joshua Fireseed runs through the dense jungle rainforests of the Lost Lands, only to be confronted by a trio of ferocious Velociraptors. With one pull of a trigger, Joshua sends the Raptors straight to hell with a blast from a Scorpion Missile Launcher. Blood and gibs fly all over the place, and Joshua wipes the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand....

The Turok games would work well as movies...as their mixture of all-out action, sci-fi loveliness and more-than-decent storylines are three things that do genuinely make a good movie. And, with the abilities of movie special effects nowadays, Turok movies would be something that fans of the game would want to see over and over.
Tue 26/03/02 at 23:12
Regular
Are you ready? It's more than likely this will never be said again! Brace yourselves! Hold on tight!

I agree.
Wed 27/03/02 at 10:23
"+ suspicious minds"
Edgy wrote:

I agree.

oh my god thats not edgy! he's gone drooling crazy!
Wed 27/03/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Damn, I still haven't played any of the Turok game yet!
Do you think I should get them on the N64???
Or should I wait till the GameCube version - which looks amazing!!

And from what i've heard they probably would make good films. But maybe they'd be too 'Predator meets Jurrasic Park' style.
Wed 27/03/02 at 18:12
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
The Turok games are ok (i've got Turok 2 and have played rage wars quite a bit), if you find any of tham cheap get them. (In regards to Dark Mark incase he ripped off my original post then don't worry about it) ! :D
Wed 27/03/02 at 18:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ok, maybe I will get them, and start off with one, then two, and then three. And I already have Rage Wars, but it's not really that good.
Wed 27/03/02 at 19:00
Regular
Rage Wars is only a small part of the series, like the Quake 3 Arena or Unreal Tournament for the N64.

The other games require more skill, cunning and tactics to overcome puzzles and obstacles.

Though I don't reccomend the third in the series...
Wed 27/03/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Remember me?"
Edgy wrote:
> Rage Wars is only a small part of the series, like the Quake 3 Arena or Unreal
> Tournament for the N64.

The other games require more skill, cunning and
> tactics to overcome puzzles and obstacles.

Though I don't reccomend the third
> in the series...

Oh, I don't know....While Shadow of Oblivion might not be the best in the series, it's still just as much fun to play as Dinosaur Hunter, Seeds of Evil and Rage Wars. My favourite would have to be Dinosaur Hunter, though..as it focusses on what the original Turok comics were all about.
Wed 27/03/02 at 21:55
Regular
"Remember me?"
(Before, I wrote this)
Oh, I don't know....While Shadow of Oblivion might not be the best in the series, it's still just as much fun to play as Dinosaur Hunter, Seeds of Evil and Rage Wars. My favourite would have to be Dinosaur Hunter, though..as it focusses on what the original Turok comics were all about.

(And now I'm adding this)
Although, I do love the enemy character design from Seeds of Evil. As a cartoon and sci-fi art enthusiast, I do tend to take explicit observation over the character design when playing games such as Turok, Quake and Doom. I found that every enemy was a work of art, in my opinion, but I particularly liked the Pur Linn and the Flesh Eaters.

I think that a movie based on the Turok games would be best off taking ideas from Dinosaur Hunter, Seeds of Evil and Shadow of Oblivion.
Wed 27/03/02 at 23:38
Regular
The original Turok game was one of the best on the N64, what I really loved about it was the completely over the top guns and the good mix of Humans and Dinosaurs to shoot.
I didn't like the sequel, kept getting lost and the guns where more like pea shooters than anything else.

Turok 3 was pretty good to play through once, the thing that really sucked about that game was the way the bodies dissapeared straight away. But otherwise it was good fun up until the last level, if they'd had more enemies to shoot and less empty space that game would have been so much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.