GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GREAT REVIEW!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/10/02 at 08:55
Regular
Alias_Parker stats
18/10/02 Red Faction was a game that promised many things but somewhere in its making it drew away from exploiting the real power of its technology.However II is completely different the geo-mod system has been used to its full advantage.
The first mission you will be working for a corrupt dictator named Sopot of course everything goes wrong and you end up fighting for those that you were fighting.
For the last 15 years the corrupt dictator, Sopot, has oppressed the people of the Commonwealth. His relentless pursuit of unification with the neighboring United Republic has left the country soaked in bloodshed. A battle for power and control that leaves the people of the Commonwealth in poverty and corruption.
As not so ordinary citizens, a squad of super soldiers injected with nano-technology is formed. Fed up after years on the front lines each member vows to unify with the common goal of replacing the dictator and making sure he doesn't return by his death.The team consists of Molotov,Alias(you)shrike,and several others.
Unlike the first game you can get double guns(pistols and Uzis).The game has taken every complaint about the previos game and improved those particular areas.Now if you over power them in fire or men they will retreat and one good or bad thing is that if you kill loads of civilians then there is like a warning system for there are multiple endins so the outcome could be worse depending on your routes or actions.You can blow anything to hell and because its in the streets barrels and small artefacts go shooting into the air.

There is now a 4 player mode which is still great quality after playing the single player mission which promises 10 hrs of play.Actions are more realistic because you can now sneak up on people and that makes screams + bangs +gibs x rubble =FUN.There are many new guns and few from the old red faction but the new ones are sweet.Most people say it tops timesplitters 2 and thats gotta count for some thing.Im gunna give this game 9.5 although it will say 10 on the top.
Verdict, Uppers :Far more hectic and fun than before.
The multiplayer has been vastly improved
Destruction has become far more satisfying. I can asure you its much more than a rehash.
Downers:It can still have the occasional jerkinness.Its lenght could be much improved.
The graphics are much smoother and detailed,the sound is chaotic and the lifespan is around 10 hrs,but there is much replayability due to its multiple endings.

I know this is not my work but it is a great review by Alias_Parker so I think people should read it!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 26/10/02 at 08:55
Regular
"Damn dirty apes!"
Alias_Parker stats
18/10/02 Red Faction was a game that promised many things but somewhere in its making it drew away from exploiting the real power of its technology.However II is completely different the geo-mod system has been used to its full advantage.
The first mission you will be working for a corrupt dictator named Sopot of course everything goes wrong and you end up fighting for those that you were fighting.
For the last 15 years the corrupt dictator, Sopot, has oppressed the people of the Commonwealth. His relentless pursuit of unification with the neighboring United Republic has left the country soaked in bloodshed. A battle for power and control that leaves the people of the Commonwealth in poverty and corruption.
As not so ordinary citizens, a squad of super soldiers injected with nano-technology is formed. Fed up after years on the front lines each member vows to unify with the common goal of replacing the dictator and making sure he doesn't return by his death.The team consists of Molotov,Alias(you)shrike,and several others.
Unlike the first game you can get double guns(pistols and Uzis).The game has taken every complaint about the previos game and improved those particular areas.Now if you over power them in fire or men they will retreat and one good or bad thing is that if you kill loads of civilians then there is like a warning system for there are multiple endins so the outcome could be worse depending on your routes or actions.You can blow anything to hell and because its in the streets barrels and small artefacts go shooting into the air.

There is now a 4 player mode which is still great quality after playing the single player mission which promises 10 hrs of play.Actions are more realistic because you can now sneak up on people and that makes screams + bangs +gibs x rubble =FUN.There are many new guns and few from the old red faction but the new ones are sweet.Most people say it tops timesplitters 2 and thats gotta count for some thing.Im gunna give this game 9.5 although it will say 10 on the top.
Verdict, Uppers :Far more hectic and fun than before.
The multiplayer has been vastly improved
Destruction has become far more satisfying. I can asure you its much more than a rehash.
Downers:It can still have the occasional jerkinness.Its lenght could be much improved.
The graphics are much smoother and detailed,the sound is chaotic and the lifespan is around 10 hrs,but there is much replayability due to its multiple endings.

I know this is not my work but it is a great review by Alias_Parker so I think people should read it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.