GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convice me..........."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 21:53
Regular
to buy a gamecube. From one side of the room i am told that the gamecube will rule(that would be my brother Mark) and from the other side of the room i am told that the gamecube will never beat the PS2(and thats my other brother Dan). Help me please decide whether i should get one. Oh and before any smart alecs tell me not to worry coz my bro Mark sounds like he'll get when then i must tell you that he's movin out in a week.
Wed 27/03/02 at 09:57
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
try asking this question in the chat forum , then you'll get a load of mixed opinions,
anyway ,

in my opinion , get a gamecube. I bought one from america and ive never looked back . The games are silky smooth , there are little or no loading times (such as wave race)
you get the games on the cool little optical discs, you get wireless controls , excellent games from release , every resident evil game for the rest of your/GC's life , nintendo seal of quality approval , youve got Rare , and all the other big big big developers , sega are giving us sonic, phantasy star online and a ton of other epic superb adventure and games.
It's small and affordable, dosent have dvd , but does that really matter when all you want is a games machine , it's ment to be (quote the MENT) £50 cheaper than the ps2 and half the price of xbox , the control is the best ever made ... PERIOD. You can get it in 3 different colours all for the same price , unlike the coloured ps2's which cost nearly £80-90 more than the plain black one !
You can link it up to a Gameboy Advance to use it as a radar , downloading mini games , and controling certain games.

You can plug Panasonic SD cards into a memory card adaptor for up to 128mb of memory card space.

The graphics are superb , and they run at 60fps , the PAL version will have (at last !!) good pal conversions of games , and will run as fast as the jap and american machines. Games will be about £35 , like the ps2's.

It's quieter than the ps2 and xbox , so you can have those midnight gaming moments without your mum or dad hearing (turn the volume on the tv down first )

I can't think of anything else to say really , but just this :

If your brother Mark is moving out soon , he must be about 19-20 something , your brother Dan must be about your age, so if your 19-20 yr old brother thinks gamecube will rock , then you can be assured that the gamecube will not be kiddy , i repeat NOT !!!! be kiddy , so you can be safe to know that you will get all that blood and guts that we crave for , at an afordable and better value price for an ACE machine , i repeat ACE !!!!
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:09
I would go for the 'Cube.

Saying it will never beat the PS2 is a fair point. The PS2 has been out longer so unless the GameCube lasts past a year or so after the PS2 has been considered obsolete, then it's likely sales will be greater in total for the PS2.

However, this does not mean the quality of the system is any less. A less popular machine means the company will do it's best to try and make it more popular, so more spectacular games appear on the shelves making the console seem more appealing.

It just all depends on what you want.

In my own opinion, I would go for a GameCube. It's the cheaper of the three current consoles so if you do find it's not what you're looking for, it's not too much out of your pocket and you might be able to get a fair price for it in a part exchange or on Ebay.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:59
"+ suspicious minds"
mmh, quick prouduced games and no loading thimes, vs loading times sometimes longer than ps1 games, and slow producing games.

( i think you are in the rong place. the only fans of sony are gonna be the people who wanna prod us nintendo fans, not the ones who can reasonably debate.)(( buy a cube'))
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:58
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Depends wot games you like. Grand theftA 3 is the best for ps2 and hmmmm many for the gamecube but everyones opinion is different. This is a nintendo forum so come ere for gamecube support or go to sonys forum to get their yap on the ps2.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:53
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
to buy a gamecube. From one side of the room i am told that the gamecube will rule(that would be my brother Mark) and from the other side of the room i am told that the gamecube will never beat the PS2(and thats my other brother Dan). Help me please decide whether i should get one. Oh and before any smart alecs tell me not to worry coz my bro Mark sounds like he'll get when then i must tell you that he's movin out in a week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.