GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"!!!!!Do not answer a call displaying ACE!!!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 21:22
Regular
if you recieve a call displaying ACE on your phone END THE CALL IMEDIATELY-IF YOU ANSWER THIS CALL A VIRUS WILL INFECT YOUR PHONE-the virus will erase all IMEI and IMSI information from both your phone and your sim card, which will make your phone unable to connect to the telephone network.You will have to buy a new phone.Both Nokia and Motorola have confirmed this information. There are over 3million mobile phones being infected by this virus in the USA now.You can also check this news on the CNN website.
Now you may think that this has nothing to do with Sony PS1 and PS2 and you are right but i thought that if i posted this then it might save you from having to splash out on a new phone when you might want to get a game.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:22
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
if you recieve a call displaying ACE on your phone END THE CALL IMEDIATELY-IF YOU ANSWER THIS CALL A VIRUS WILL INFECT YOUR PHONE-the virus will erase all IMEI and IMSI information from both your phone and your sim card, which will make your phone unable to connect to the telephone network.You will have to buy a new phone.Both Nokia and Motorola have confirmed this information. There are over 3million mobile phones being infected by this virus in the USA now.You can also check this news on the CNN website.
Now you may think that this has nothing to do with Sony PS1 and PS2 and you are right but i thought that if i posted this then it might save you from having to splash out on a new phone when you might want to get a game.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:25
Thanks for telling us, could happen to anyone.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:30
Regular
"WWJD"
Yes very good information thanks
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:35
Regular
i have lost my phone some where in my house so i wont be getting calls for a while.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:45
What gets me, is why they put the display as "Ace". Surely it would be a lot more effective if it said "mom" or something like that. Then it would fool a lot more people!

Thanks for the info! Does it only effect the major phones, as my mom has a bosch phone. I'll tell here if it can effect it. My grandparents also have a bosch phone (it was 2 for £50).
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:46
Oh yeah, and what if your answer phone answers it?
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:57
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
you've got me there. i don't have a clue whether you get the virus if if its on your voice mail. good point, i better ask the guys at CNN about that point.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.