GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what do you think of zelda's new look?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 20:00
Regular
The N.64 zelda games were brilliant, but now the gamecube is coming oiut, nimtendo has given zelda a new look. Link now looks like a babyish cartoon character, rather than an ace, realistic link, like we all remember. But what do you think? Do you like the old, realistic character, or the new babyish cartoon style game? Tell me what you think. (please!) :-)
Wed 27/03/02 at 16:49
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Have any of you played Paper Mario???
It's a Mario games with a difference, and nothing less than Mario 64!
And Zelda went from top-down 2D views to a brilliant 3D one on the N64, also not a bad idea!

So changes are good things! And the new Zelda look should turn out to be good!
No one complained about Zelda when it went 3D, or when Mario appeared in 2D again - and look how they turned out!

It's true that we don't like change, but we'd soon get bored of the same old Zelda 64 style on the GameCube.
Have faith in Shigsy, the man who knows how!
Wed 27/03/02 at 13:49
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
The new Zelda will be cell-shaded. It has gone too far along development to turn back. If they did, the release date would be put back far too long, and would be very bad for Nintendo's rapidly improving image.

Besides, the cell-shaded look will be in 3D, just using flat-shaded characters and environments (like Jet Set Radio on DC).

Look forward to it and enjoy it when you get it!!
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:12
i could have sworn that i read on sr news that the new zelda will be moving back to full 3d from cell shading, as for the look i don't mind, i trust nintendo to make a good game.
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:11
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Fare point ! :)
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:08
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Why are people having such a big problem with the cell-shaded look of Zelda? The problem is, people are afraid of change.

I for one commend Nintendo for this change of direction. It will open up a whole host of new gameplay possibilities, but fundamentally will play no different to a photo-realistic look.

I personally am getting fed up of games developers trying to make their games look real. In this respect they will always fail. If you want reality, open your eyes. Games should be a blend of great ideas glued together with functional graphics, and this is what Nintendo are marketing.
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:45
"+ suspicious minds"
shigsy is to dam inovative! instead of using slightly modified winning formula, like s-mario64, he is off desighning diferent(Pickmin-luigi's mansion) to the extremely, unappealing zelda title. paper mario, mmh, diferent. the flat charicters didnt matter because it was an RPG. but when your playing a fast flowing adventure, you dont want badly animated charicters.

nintendo, as much as i like them are turning into patronising morons. maybe the japanese prefer them to tho old look, but we want to see the gamecubes graphical power being proven, if it is proven in the longest, best designed game ever, thats killing two bandicoots with one stone.i dont want to be ripped off like this, not with this kind of graphics. the gamplay may be off the chart, but noone is going to want to play a game that looks worse than the flinstones.

what is nintendos problem. i hope fr thier sake, they figure were this curve is going, before the nintendo market grinds to a halt.
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Just relised that your new (well I'm still a newbie), welcome to the Chatforums. Why don't you get youself a tagline (go to edit my details !) :)
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:23
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
It has steered me away from Nintendo's good side a little bit. They just don't consider the fact that most of us aren't in diapers any more. It's like a cutesy, kiddy cartoon thing like Pokémon, but then, I've never liked any of the Zelda games, but now, I think they've gone a bit too far with making Zelda crap.
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:16
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
The realistic look looked amazing, the new cel shaded graphics look okay but Link looks a bit out pf proportion (his head is to big etc)!!! :]
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:00
The N.64 zelda games were brilliant, but now the gamecube is coming oiut, nimtendo has given zelda a new look. Link now looks like a babyish cartoon character, rather than an ace, realistic link, like we all remember. But what do you think? Do you like the old, realistic character, or the new babyish cartoon style game? Tell me what you think. (please!) :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.