GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawk's Skating"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/03/02 at 19:11
Regular
I think that the Tony Hawk's series is possibly the best ever. It is so addictive. The first one was amazing, it was original. However, as the Tony Hawk games keep coming, the more unrealistic. I skate and I can tell you how hard it is, even the first game is unrealistic! The third game is just to commercial, mind boggling tricks that no one could ever do are in it.

The game should maybe start to decrease its level of unrealism. The game is making skating popular, but soon it will make it unpopular when people see that the pros can do nothing compared to the game.

By the way, I did a heelflip to axle stall today!
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:25
Lol! I know what you mean. Who do you think is the best skater? In my opinion Mullen kicks tushie!
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
MonkMonk wrote:
> What tricks can you do? The pros cannot hold grinds for that long, and you
> rarely see a pro pull of a 900 Crossbone.

Oh...you're talking about the virtually IMPOSSIBLE moves like the long grinds. Right...now I get ya!

I can do a nose grab and also pull off several grinds, but most of the time land flat on my face.
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:19
Twain wrote:
> Hi TimmyM. I've just noticed that you're new!

Enjoy yourself!

Thanks! :)
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:18
What tricks can you do? The pros cannot hold grinds for that long, and you rarely see a pro pull of a 900 Crossbone.
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:16
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
MonkMonk wrote:
> Do you skate Samos? And even in the game Elissa Steamer says that kids have to
> realise that most of the tricks the pros can't do.

I do, and I'm pretty good!

Does she? Well, loads of skaters have pulled of most tricks I've seen on the telly. Even Wee Man from Jackass!
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:15
It didnt take me long to beat the 2nd one for 64. I got all the gaps and beat the game with every skater under a month, and i had exams!
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:13
Regular
"Hmmm....."
hhhhhmmmmmmmm

i think i'll buy it and see if it will keep me going for a while
Tue 26/03/02 at 20:01
Do you skate Samos? And even in the game Elissa Steamer says that kids have to realise that most of the tricks the pros can't do.
Tue 26/03/02 at 19:44
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Tony Hawks 3 is class, and those flatland tricks are fantastic.

It may be unrealistic for you MonkMonk, but for the real pros it's simple, just like the game!
Tue 26/03/02 at 19:41
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Hi TimmyM. I've just noticed that you're new!

Enjoy yourself!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.