GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UP 2 DATE!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/10/00 at 14:07
Regular
OK, when purchasing a console you have to make some decisions. Which one should you go for - and WHY? Well, in my view the best thing about games consoles are the games - they always have been and they always will be until the games industry becomes obsolete (never then) and I think every console - that has been bought by at least 500,000 people worldwide has to have some real quality titles available for it. Here goes then:
Let's start way back:
NES: the best game? MARIO 1,2,3 etc.
MASTER SYSTEM: Sonic 1,2,3 etc. And WonderBoy.
SNES: Mario Kart.
Mega Drive: Road rash, and many 2D games.
SATURN: Panzer dragoon saga, sega rally.
PLAYSTATION: Gran turismo, Metal gear solid, res Evil 3, Colin McRae Rally, Tekken.
N64: Perfect dark, Goldeneye,
Dreamcast: Crazy taxi, Soul Calibur, resident Evil Code: Veronica, Sonic adventure.
Ok - so I missed out the really early consoles - but take a look - they games that are the most popular are those in the same genres: Adventure games - these games a familiar hero - be it Sonic, Mario - and dare I say, Crash bandicoot.

racing Games: Mario Kart = OK - not quite a realistic - but still pretty amazing, sega rally - Pure genious - it didn't matter that there wer only 3 cars and 4 tracks - the game was so great to play, Gran Turismo - the largest racing game of it's time - great visuals and heaps of options and cars etc, Crazy Taxi - Ok again NOT exactly racing - but it's a taxi - great fun, Colin McRae Rally - the game was so easy to play - not at all realistic in terms of physics - but the game felt so right - the best rally game on Playstation. Road rash - Ok this is just brilliant - kicking and punching and racing - a sure hit.
Shoot 'em ups/ Horror/Zombie orientated: GoldenEye - the best multiplayer ever? Perfect Dark - Another Goldeneye type game - but with a heroine, not hero. The Resident Evils/ tomb Raiders - these games are now franchises and are just so atmospheric and involving nowadays.
Beat em Ups: Soul calibur is currently the best out there - Tekken has had it's moment - there's nothing more satisfying than punching the lights out of your mates - oh and the games like these help re create such moments.
There you are.
Sun 08/10/00 at 17:25
"Uzi Lover"
Getting desperte are we Dan???????
Sun 08/10/00 at 14:09
Please make the above WIN GAMEADAY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
Sun 08/10/00 at 14:07
OK, when purchasing a console you have to make some decisions. Which one should you go for - and WHY? Well, in my view the best thing about games consoles are the games - they always have been and they always will be until the games industry becomes obsolete (never then) and I think every console - that has been bought by at least 500,000 people worldwide has to have some real quality titles available for it. Here goes then:
Let's start way back:
NES: the best game? MARIO 1,2,3 etc.
MASTER SYSTEM: Sonic 1,2,3 etc. And WonderBoy.
SNES: Mario Kart.
Mega Drive: Road rash, and many 2D games.
SATURN: Panzer dragoon saga, sega rally.
PLAYSTATION: Gran turismo, Metal gear solid, res Evil 3, Colin McRae Rally, Tekken.
N64: Perfect dark, Goldeneye,
Dreamcast: Crazy taxi, Soul Calibur, resident Evil Code: Veronica, Sonic adventure.
Ok - so I missed out the really early consoles - but take a look - they games that are the most popular are those in the same genres: Adventure games - these games a familiar hero - be it Sonic, Mario - and dare I say, Crash bandicoot.

racing Games: Mario Kart = OK - not quite a realistic - but still pretty amazing, sega rally - Pure genious - it didn't matter that there wer only 3 cars and 4 tracks - the game was so great to play, Gran Turismo - the largest racing game of it's time - great visuals and heaps of options and cars etc, Crazy Taxi - Ok again NOT exactly racing - but it's a taxi - great fun, Colin McRae Rally - the game was so easy to play - not at all realistic in terms of physics - but the game felt so right - the best rally game on Playstation. Road rash - Ok this is just brilliant - kicking and punching and racing - a sure hit.
Shoot 'em ups/ Horror/Zombie orientated: GoldenEye - the best multiplayer ever? Perfect Dark - Another Goldeneye type game - but with a heroine, not hero. The Resident Evils/ tomb Raiders - these games are now franchises and are just so atmospheric and involving nowadays.
Beat em Ups: Soul calibur is currently the best out there - Tekken has had it's moment - there's nothing more satisfying than punching the lights out of your mates - oh and the games like these help re create such moments.
There you are.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.