GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gba multi region stuff"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/03/02 at 22:07
Regular
Ok so the gba doesn't have a region block on it..... whoo hoo.
I've been running my UK gba for a few months off of a US power adapter, this works because all gba's run off of 2 AA batteries so all adapters have to provide the equivalent voltage in dc.
I also found out while ago that I could play games from the US on my gba, so that means you can import games from abroad to beat the release schedules and get the games from wherever they come out first.
One problem that I have thought about is whether or not gba games that come from different parts of the world will be compatible in multiplayer link-up with each other and whether games like sonic advance will link up with a version of sonic on the gamecube. I'll have to test those out when I sadly have to return to the UK (that and various importing things)

Many of you probably already knew this so feel free to ignore this post, if you've read this far its too late : ]
Sun 24/03/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Ok so the gba doesn't have a region block on it..... whoo hoo.
I've been running my UK gba for a few months off of a US power adapter, this works because all gba's run off of 2 AA batteries so all adapters have to provide the equivalent voltage in dc.
I also found out while ago that I could play games from the US on my gba, so that means you can import games from abroad to beat the release schedules and get the games from wherever they come out first.
One problem that I have thought about is whether or not gba games that come from different parts of the world will be compatible in multiplayer link-up with each other and whether games like sonic advance will link up with a version of sonic on the gamecube. I'll have to test those out when I sadly have to return to the UK (that and various importing things)

Many of you probably already knew this so feel free to ignore this post, if you've read this far its too late : ]
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:40
Regular
I know that a US version of Pokémon Yellow is compatable with a UK version of Pokémon Stadium.

Not sure if the same will happen with the GameCube though.
Mon 25/03/02 at 07:41
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I've got US versions of Gold & Silver and they have worked fine ! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.