GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Nintendo game would you make into a film?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/03/02 at 20:33
Regular
I would make Zelda - Ocarina of Time into a film, it's such a geat gmae and would make a great film don't you think. Any other ideas (Perfect Dark mabye) ? :)
Thu 28/03/02 at 20:08
Regular
"Xboxsource webmaste"
Which Nintendo game would I make into a film?!

Answer: NONE!

Everyone with any sense knows that games into movies does not go, I mean let's look at the evidence:

Street Fighter: Starring that bloke who was in the Addams family movies along with Kylie "I can't sing but I used to be in Neighbours" Minogue and Jean Claude "Jet Li OWNS me" Van Damme. Man did that movie suck or what?!

Super Mario Bros movie: Starring Bob "BT Advert" Hoskins as Mario and Dennis Hopper as King Koopa, another game to movie travesty IMO.

Mortal Kombat: The MK movies were a temporary break from the "game movies must suck" rule, closely following the plots of Mortal Kombats 1 and 2 and actually featuring some decent fight scenes.

Doube Dragon: This one went straight to the video shop, go figure.

Final Fantasy: Words cannot describe how much this movie sucked!

Anyway my point is that if movie studios INSIST on making movies based on video games, I recommend sticking to animated cartoon type movies a la the animated Manga version of Street Fighter 2 (Which I bought from SR)
Thu 28/03/02 at 19:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Whatever happened to the Perfect Dark film that Rare announced a while ago?
Thu 28/03/02 at 10:44
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
I think Perfect Dark would make a great film since it was such a good game. Turok and Quake 2 would also be a good action film.
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
Games that should be made into films? Oh, you asked for it:

- Duke Nukem:
Guns, gore and "wit" from da Duke would make a funny, if not necesarilly good, film.

-Headhunter:
Even with the storyline from the game, a movie version of this could be fantastic.

- Doom:
More guns, more gore, with even more emphasis on those...a Doom film would be great if similar to the excellent Starship Troopers.

-Phantasy Star Online:
A complex storyline, great characters and fantastic and imaginary worlds always combine to make a decent movie.

- Quake:
Would be similar to Doom.

- Skies of Arcadia:
The best thing about this game was that it held an original storyline, which wouold convert well to the big screen.

- Turok:
Now this would be the best of the bunch. Guns, gore and dinosaurs. Ahhhh bliss.
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:36
I think those Star Wars games on the SNES should be made into films.

I mean they've got decent storylines and a large character base.

There's even a series of them!

Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

They could include the flight sequences from either Rogue Squadron on the N64 or Rogue Leader on the GameCube! That'd be amazing!
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:12
"+ suspicious minds"
Mr. Furby wrote:
> i think lylat wars should be made into a film, the story has great potential.

totally!

kirby or DK would be good in my veiw
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:13
i think lylat wars should be made into a film, the story has great potential.
Tue 26/03/02 at 18:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm gunna obviously say Zelda and Perfect Dark.
And maybe even Turok - but I haven't played it.
And a more game-like Mario film would also be good!

As for Conker, I don't think that his 'Bad Fur Day' could be turned into a film, as much of the game is made up of extracts from other well known films - like The Matrix and Saving Private Ryan.

But still, I spose there could be a whole new Conker film - leading to a new game! After all, Rare aren't half-bad at film to game conversions, look at Goldeneye!!
Tue 26/03/02 at 16:51
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would have to make CBFD into a film if I could. The cinema people would have the biggest laugh they've had in ages!
Mon 25/03/02 at 01:15
Regular
rampage world tour would make an excellent godzilla ish type movie aswell

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.