GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FIFA 2001-Looks great!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/10/00 at 13:49
Regular
I've seen shots and heard a lot about this game, and it sounds and looks great!! I can't wait for this game and will certainly be among my PS2 game choices, which include Tekken Tag Tournament, MGS2, maybe GT 2000, Soul Reaver 2 and more!! What do the rest of you think of this game, and other PS2 games??
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 08/10/00 at 13:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
I've seen shots and heard a lot about this game, and it sounds and looks great!! I can't wait for this game and will certainly be among my PS2 game choices, which include Tekken Tag Tournament, MGS2, maybe GT 2000, Soul Reaver 2 and more!! What do the rest of you think of this game, and other PS2 games??
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 08/10/00 at 13:53
Stop posting things, it's hard to keep up!
Anyway, i don't think i'll get a PS2, I like the variety in PC games so i'll be spending most of my money on them... I might get an X-Box because it will have PC games on it, but perhaps not because most of em will probably come out for the PC eventually. Anyway Team Fortress 2 looks good. Plus i'm looking forward to Black & White... among other things...
Anyway shouldn't this have been in the Playstation section? ah well I don't mind where you put it I suppose...
Sun 08/10/00 at 14:30
>ah well I don't mind where you put it I suppose...

I knew a girl like that once... but that's not really a topic for this forum!
Sun 08/10/00 at 14:50
Quite... Not sure if i should take offence or not...
Sun 08/10/00 at 16:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have never been into FIFA games. All E.A Sports seem to do is feed us the same game every year. Although FIFA 2001 looks the most realistic football game ever, the chances are it will be the same basic game underneath. The game engine is an ageing formula, with unrealistic gameplay. I have owned previous FIFA titles 97 and 99, and the only difference between the two was the tweaked graphics and animation.
I have lost faith in E.A giving us a 'proper' football experience and personally will stay well away from the game. Mind you the PS2 ISS isnt looking like a next generation title either. The best bet is to wait untill the developers of ISS Pro Evolution feed us with a worthy sequel.
Sun 08/10/00 at 21:42
I agree with mattyboy and isn't it a strange we have the same name and agree on somethin like this. As most fags i've met all worship FIFA (and we all know boys and girls that FIFA is the biggest heap of usless s***e anyone has ever seen) i mean come on FIFA games are pants, i hate them, from that queer andy grey to the crap frame rate.
Look at ISS Evolution pure class if it were a footballer it would be Pele ,Figo and i would have said Ginola but unfortunately he has left the great team of Tottenham.
But as mattyboy points out this version of ISS is made by the fools who shamed the name ISS on the N64 so i feel that i will also wait for the next one.
(i apologise for the bad spelling and grammar as i am very tired and need sleep after late nights)
Sun 08/10/00 at 22:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
Should I take offence from that or not?? For some reason I prefer FIFA to ISS games. And FIFA games aren't pants. FIFA 99 and FIFA 2000 are both great.
Sun 08/10/00 at 22:45
i suppose you could take offence but i am simply pointing out the obvious (FIFA games are s***e and inferior to ISS)
Mon 09/10/00 at 13:38
ISS games are the most realistic football games period. But steer clear from N64 versions, even ISS 2000 is closer to FIFA than Evolution. I have played FIFA from original up to 2000 and 64 and ISS and ISS is much better no argument that just the way it is
Mon 09/10/00 at 14:30
I believe that ISS will be better for the PSX2 now it has the licence to have proper names.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.