GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"pes 2 - have i got the wrong version or something??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro evolution soccer 2'.
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:23
Regular
Bought it the other day on pre-order from amazon. Game itself is amazing, definitely a vast improvement over PES in every department.
My major problem with the game, and the reason im wondering if i have a wrong version........
Club squads are completely out of date! Noone else seems to have mentioned this complaint anywhere else, but all of the recent transfers are not included, and by recent i mean transfers that occured just after the world cup. Nesta and rivaldo are not at milan, ferdinand not at united, cannavaro at inter etc. It sort of ruins the game in my opinion.... Its not like its a hard job to just switch a couple of players between teams Konami! probably would have taken a day,very frustrating!
The other thing that makes me wonder, is that in the opening bit of the game they have some bit about Adidas. Iknow adidas products were used in we6, but in pro evo 2 its umbro?! all very confusing!
please could you reply to let me know its not only me who has this problem.
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:32
Regular
"  "
Well considering you have asked in every thread then yes, it is (Read my review) :D
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:09
lol worth buying is it??
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:05
Regular
"  "
I admit, I was bedazled by the adidas note aat the start, and also the JFA logo. I thought I had WE6 at first :D
Mon 28/10/02 at 16:02
Regular
To create a game as class as Pro Evo 2, you have to spend a lot of time on it. Therefore, more recent happenings in the football world would not be included.
Just create said players and put them in.
Mon 28/10/02 at 15:23
Bought it the other day on pre-order from amazon. Game itself is amazing, definitely a vast improvement over PES in every department.
My major problem with the game, and the reason im wondering if i have a wrong version........
Club squads are completely out of date! Noone else seems to have mentioned this complaint anywhere else, but all of the recent transfers are not included, and by recent i mean transfers that occured just after the world cup. Nesta and rivaldo are not at milan, ferdinand not at united, cannavaro at inter etc. It sort of ruins the game in my opinion.... Its not like its a hard job to just switch a couple of players between teams Konami! probably would have taken a day,very frustrating!
The other thing that makes me wonder, is that in the opening bit of the game they have some bit about Adidas. Iknow adidas products were used in we6, but in pro evo 2 its umbro?! all very confusing!
please could you reply to let me know its not only me who has this problem.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.