GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D Gaming Perhaps"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/03/02 at 15:53
Regular
What does the future of Gaming hold in store for us? With the next- gen consoles out, games have been taken to new levels with games like Halo, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Rouge Leader. But what does the future have in store for the gaming world. Today, games like Metal Gear Solid have revolutionised the gaming world with its great graphics, it’s intense gameplay and brilliant cut-scenes. But are games going to keep getting better or are they going to evolve into something spectacular.

Or what about a game like House of the Dead or Resident Evil. Now that would be good. Imagine a light gun in your hands, and zombies coming at you. I know House of the Dead on the Dreamcast wasn’t very successful, but imagine them actually reaching for you.

3D gaming perhaps. For games like Rouge Leader, 3D graphics would be great. Imagine, you sitting down in front of your Sony Playstation 4 put on your 3D glasses and take off as Luke Skywalker and flying through a space city with meteors and lasers from other ships coming towards you. That would make gaming seem so much more realistic and fun for the gamer to play.

But, would that really happen? If this were to happen, gaming would turn from a thing that children could afford and enjoy to a thing that only millionaires could afford. And then what would we do. Get out are old Xbox and Gamecube and play on them, not that there’s anything wrong with them.

It sounds fantastic, all talk about 3D games, but there could be a downside to it. The cost! Consoles that come out today are £300+, so what it going to be if this actually come out. A grand, maybe two? I don’t know. Maybe we should stick to what’s happening now not the future, hey?

So the future of gaming is out of our hands. Or is it?
Sun 24/03/02 at 15:53
Regular
What does the future of Gaming hold in store for us? With the next- gen consoles out, games have been taken to new levels with games like Halo, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Rouge Leader. But what does the future have in store for the gaming world. Today, games like Metal Gear Solid have revolutionised the gaming world with its great graphics, it’s intense gameplay and brilliant cut-scenes. But are games going to keep getting better or are they going to evolve into something spectacular.

Or what about a game like House of the Dead or Resident Evil. Now that would be good. Imagine a light gun in your hands, and zombies coming at you. I know House of the Dead on the Dreamcast wasn’t very successful, but imagine them actually reaching for you.

3D gaming perhaps. For games like Rouge Leader, 3D graphics would be great. Imagine, you sitting down in front of your Sony Playstation 4 put on your 3D glasses and take off as Luke Skywalker and flying through a space city with meteors and lasers from other ships coming towards you. That would make gaming seem so much more realistic and fun for the gamer to play.

But, would that really happen? If this were to happen, gaming would turn from a thing that children could afford and enjoy to a thing that only millionaires could afford. And then what would we do. Get out are old Xbox and Gamecube and play on them, not that there’s anything wrong with them.

It sounds fantastic, all talk about 3D games, but there could be a downside to it. The cost! Consoles that come out today are £300+, so what it going to be if this actually come out. A grand, maybe two? I don’t know. Maybe we should stick to what’s happening now not the future, hey?

So the future of gaming is out of our hands. Or is it?
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Hmmm....."
seen so many of these posts

right,
i'll let you in on a secret,
there will be no future of gaming as we are all going to turn into zombies because of playing on todays consoles too much.
simple
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:01
Regular
"es argh"
*cough* look at his tagline *cough*
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:03
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Badgerman wrote:
> *cough* look at his tagline *cough*

--------------

i know,
saw right through it
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:09
Regular
But wouldn't 3D glasses only be capable of a few colours?
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:13
Regular
*rogue leader btw... and 3D glasses are a thing of the past really :)
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
im happy with what gaming is like today,
no need for talking about what we think its going to be like really
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:17
Regular
Then what is the point of these forms?
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:19
Regular
Forms or forums. o.O
Sun 24/03/02 at 16:24
Regular
Typing error. Forums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.