GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The plot using bad guys."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 08/10/00 at 12:57
Regular
Many games like Zelda have some sort of bad guy in the story. First it was Ganon for a couple of years, then when i reached it's next machine it had ganondorf now it's the skull kid!
What a famous bunch of villians they are, and they make the plot even better. On to Final Fantasy, Sorcereres and a man you are chasing you forever (sorry i forgot their names). Good villians aren't they? They do get you fired up after killing someone you Go to know well in the game (Aeris).
What i'm saying is Super Villians are a thing that is now regulary used in game plots, even Resident Evil has one (Nemesis), Diddy Kong Racing as well (Wizpig) and all those platformers have them as well. They thicken the plot and make it even better. Bashing and throwing guys like Bowser feels great aswell.
Sun 08/10/00 at 12:57
Regular
Many games like Zelda have some sort of bad guy in the story. First it was Ganon for a couple of years, then when i reached it's next machine it had ganondorf now it's the skull kid!
What a famous bunch of villians they are, and they make the plot even better. On to Final Fantasy, Sorcereres and a man you are chasing you forever (sorry i forgot their names). Good villians aren't they? They do get you fired up after killing someone you Go to know well in the game (Aeris).
What i'm saying is Super Villians are a thing that is now regulary used in game plots, even Resident Evil has one (Nemesis), Diddy Kong Racing as well (Wizpig) and all those platformers have them as well. They thicken the plot and make it even better. Bashing and throwing guys like Bowser feels great aswell.
Sun 08/10/00 at 13:47
That's true...
What i'd like to see in a game is the ability to be a bad guy though. In Dungeon Keeper it was great to finally be able to control the hideous monsters instead of the Hero of the Light as far as dungeons are concerned. Why haven't other games followed this lead? It's true that in Neverwinter Nights you will be able to be the gamesmaster and so (in a sense) be the bad guys, but this itself is different because the real purpose of a gamesmaster is not to destroy the good guys but to ensure the game runs smoothly and fairly and is always interesting. So where are the games where you can be the bad guy? Well, i heard someone say Baldur's Gate and so forth... but you aren't really the bad guy who has an evil plot, you are simply an adventurer who is fighting a bad guy but just happens to be evil himself (so remember, evil can still be the good guy). So what i think is that there should be a game where you are the one who knows the whole story, and it is your task to destroy the "good guy". You could have the ability to cause quests rather than solve them and all sorts of plotting. While this format is likely to be more of a management game (like Dungeon Keeper) than an RPG, it's still possible to make one. For example you could have that you are an aspiring bad guy, you have to do evil deeds, capture people and kill the adventurers who try to solve the problems you cause. You gain experience as in a normal RPG but for once you are the bad guy and you will get to achieve your evil purpose in the end (and the unusual thing would be that when you die you get something similar to when you win an RPG where you are the good guys). You could of course have a twist of some sort which means that you don't actually take over the world this time (but you might take over a certain area) but as long as you don't suddenly realise that there is a bigger bad guy than you who was manipulating you in some way and you end up saving the world or something! (like in driver they decided to make you an undercover policeguy, and in the upcoming Mafia they decided that you are telling the tale of your work in the mafia to the police...) Of course in GTA you could be said to be a bad guy, because all you do is for personal gain, there is no greater evil to fight and you don't help people exactly...
So anyway, give bad guys a fair chance, and let us be them!
Sun 08/10/00 at 14:05
Regular
Yeah, we have to look forward to more bad guys! And newer ones.
Tue 27/11/07 at 10:38
Regular
hhh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.