GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The future of gaming (Yes it's here too!)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/10/02 at 10:36
Regular
I have started this because I wasn't allowed to start a topic in the proper one (somert about being noticed) neways.

I think the future of gaming will be shifted slightly.
There cud b 2 - 4 types of multiplayer, 1 where you think like the Borg (for all you treckies out there) where it could be a turn based battle and you nominate a team member to do all the fighting and the others do the tactical work.

The second is a world death match where unlike half-life or games like that
you only had say 20 players in a match, this one could have 20 million. Okay so now where getting on to an arena the size of the Matrix (yes the movie) but imagine it, the computer controlles say 5 million players and they all act like innocent citizens while it's every man for himself for every one else, but if he/she kills an innocent person, every other player will be notified so he/she can kill the bad guy, also once you die, you are out until all of the other players are dead (I guess it's a last man standing match).

The thrid is almost exactly like the last, but the rules have changed. You play on 3 teams of 5 million and again another 5 million computer controlled innocent players and the same rule applies about killing an innocent player and the if you die rule.

The fourth is exactly like the last 2, but it is a size-changing arena. Basically the computer analizes how mny players there are, and makes the arena big enogh for all of them, so you start off with an arena the size of a city and end up with one the size of a street.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:35
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
wot are you chatting about you crazy man!
(sorry about the lame pun)
Thu 31/10/02 at 19:33
Regular
you can post in the Future Of Gaming (chat) you must have been trying FOG (prime topics) forum (theres two different FOG forums
Tue 29/10/02 at 10:36
Regular
"Death Is Not An Opt"
I have started this because I wasn't allowed to start a topic in the proper one (somert about being noticed) neways.

I think the future of gaming will be shifted slightly.
There cud b 2 - 4 types of multiplayer, 1 where you think like the Borg (for all you treckies out there) where it could be a turn based battle and you nominate a team member to do all the fighting and the others do the tactical work.

The second is a world death match where unlike half-life or games like that
you only had say 20 players in a match, this one could have 20 million. Okay so now where getting on to an arena the size of the Matrix (yes the movie) but imagine it, the computer controlles say 5 million players and they all act like innocent citizens while it's every man for himself for every one else, but if he/she kills an innocent person, every other player will be notified so he/she can kill the bad guy, also once you die, you are out until all of the other players are dead (I guess it's a last man standing match).

The thrid is almost exactly like the last, but the rules have changed. You play on 3 teams of 5 million and again another 5 million computer controlled innocent players and the same rule applies about killing an innocent player and the if you die rule.

The fourth is exactly like the last 2, but it is a size-changing arena. Basically the computer analizes how mny players there are, and makes the arena big enogh for all of them, so you start off with an arena the size of a city and end up with one the size of a street.

I am more than happy to answer any questions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.