GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 2 - Survival Mode?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 2'.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:25
Regular
This question is for anyone who has unlocked survival mode on Burnout 2, and in particular Natbuc as I think it was him who mentioned it.

Is there a survival mode? :D And if so, how do you unlock it?

I`ve got all the golds, 64/64, and all the trophies. Thats all on crash mode, all in the championships, and yet no sign of any survival mode.

If I`ve missed something properly, then I don`t mind, I`ll go and do that, but if this is one of those modes that only unlocks for stupid reasons that you never think of, then I`m not impressed :D

Anyway, if its complete I don`t mind, as this Friday I`ll be able to go home and use TimeSplitters 2 (my brother is going to be so much better at it than me when I get there :D ).
Tue 29/10/02 at 13:01
Regular
Hmmm, thats a shame, I had really hoped there was a survival mode as it would really add to the challenge. There are some races I still struggle to finish without at least 2 or 3 crashes, so trying to keep the number to 0 would be hard.

The thing is though, when you have the fastest cars, you don`t always need to use the burnout, as the regular speed is enough to win the race - as long as you don`t crash too much. Obviously though, with no Burnouts, you stand a much higher chance of not crashing, so it might work out to be a fair balance.

I`ll keep exploring, but I really can`t see any way of getting a survival mode, so I think PSW may have been playing a different version...?
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:48
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I wish I could say I've unlocked it, but to tell you the truth my sodding memory card for some reason wiped my Burnout 2 save, so I have to start all over again. Great.
Tue 29/10/02 at 12:45
Regular
"  "
Sorry but I haven't unlocked it neither. The reason i mentioned it was because PSW quoted in their review 'The game also becomes frustrating in Survival mode. It's annoying going through 4 races without a crash to hit a bus on the last intersection on the last lap of the last race."

So thats were I got it from.

Sorry I cant be of help.
Tue 29/10/02 at 11:25
Regular
This question is for anyone who has unlocked survival mode on Burnout 2, and in particular Natbuc as I think it was him who mentioned it.

Is there a survival mode? :D And if so, how do you unlock it?

I`ve got all the golds, 64/64, and all the trophies. Thats all on crash mode, all in the championships, and yet no sign of any survival mode.

If I`ve missed something properly, then I don`t mind, I`ll go and do that, but if this is one of those modes that only unlocks for stupid reasons that you never think of, then I`m not impressed :D

Anyway, if its complete I don`t mind, as this Friday I`ll be able to go home and use TimeSplitters 2 (my brother is going to be so much better at it than me when I get there :D ).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.