GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Most Original Topic Ever!!! LMAO!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/03/02 at 00:23
Regular
Alright, listen up. First of all, if you have any complaints about this topic....get lost, ok? Right then...

Has anyone got any opinions on these games?

Golden Sun
Jurassic Park III: Dino Attack
Jurassic Park III: Park Builder
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
MegaMan: Battle Network
Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder

And does anyone else agree that to see these games on the GBA would be absolutely fantastic?

Turok Evolution:
This one's already coming out on the GBA, but wouldn't it be amazing if Acclaim ditched the 2D genre seen in the GBC Turok games and instead opted for the first person perspective seen in the N64 series and the upcoming GameCube game? It could easilly be done, seeing as the excellent Doom and Ecks Vs Sever have proved that the GBA is capable of first person loveliness.

Skies of Arcadia:
This is one of the very best games on the SEGA Dreamcast, and it's been revealed that it'll be appearing on the GameCube...so a GBA version would be great, especially if SEGA and OverWorks made it similar to the excellent looking Golden Sun.

Jet Set Radio:
Oh come on! Wouldn't this be the best thing ever to appear on the GBA? It's the most original and innovitive game ever released! Damnit, SEGA...get this one out on the GBA soon, pleeeeeease!!!

Power Stone:
Capcom's duo of pseudo 3D beat-em-ups on the Dreamcast amd in the Japanese arcades would be perfect for the GBA. Four player link-up would be a lorra lorra laughs (groan!), and would be good if it used the same graphical engine as Spyro: Seasons of Ice.

Super Smash Bros.:
This game on the N64 ruled my life for months! Mario, Yoshi, Kirby and the gang belong on the GBA, and seeing as Smash Bros. is 2D (which is the GBA's speciality), it'd be pretty easy to convert to the GBA and would be hella fun! (excuse the crappy saying there).

Starfox / Lylat Wars:
Think Iridion 3D..... but with decent gameplay (I've only read that the gameplay in Iridion is dodgy, so sorry if you're a fan of the game).

So....whaddaya think, guys and gals?
Tue 26/03/02 at 22:17
Regular
"Remember me?"
Geez Edgy! Why don't you disagree with my existance too? Despite you disagreeing with practically everything I said in this topic, I have to point some thinks out to you:

- Skies of Arcadia....you didn't seriously think that I was suggesting that SEGA try and make a direct port of the Dreamcast game to the GBA, did you? If you did, you're stupider than you look.

- Jet Set Radio....one of the Dreamcast game's main focuses might have been on the music, but that doesn't mean that the game would be any less fun to play on the GBA does it? An example of how graphics and gameplay do not affect a game in too big a way is Sonic Advance. Graphically and in terms of sound effects, SA in inferior to the Mega Drive Sonic games, yet it remains just as, if not more, fun to play.

- Power Stone....if you remember (yeah, right! Edgy, and your IQ of a goldfish....am I joking?? hmmm), you'll recall that I said that if Power Stone was to ever make it to the GBA, it would be best off using the perspective used in Spyro: Seasons of Ice on the GBA and Sonic 3D on the Mega Drive, i.e. a "pseudo 3D" perspective. Spyro did it, so why not Power Stone?

- Super Smash Bros....."would have to be released as a 2D fighter" as you said. Um, Super Smash Bros IS a 2D fighter anyway, so what'd be so hard with converting it to the GBA? HAL would just have to make the arenas smaller, thats all...and un-2D-ise the actual characters.

So, I've sort of re-posted my original opinions here, and also made a few valid points to rival even you, Edgy. Heh. Will wonders never cease?
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:25
Regular
Turok: Evolution

Although the Game Boy Advance can play 3D FPS games, this does not mean it is powerful enough to play a fully 3D FPS like any of the Turok series on the N64. However, what Acclaim could do is create a brand new Turok adventure which is exclusive to the handheld market, and meets if not beats the quality of Ecks Vs Sever and Doom.

Skies of Arcadia

Please remember that this game matches, if not beats the quality of N64 graphics and gameplay for the most part, so the chances of this game being directly ported are about the same as Gary Lineker having a huge fan club or Llanfairfechen being pointed out on the national weather forecast. However, an RPG in the style of Golden Sun could be implemented under the name Skies of Arcadia with an alternate storyline to the Dreamcast hit title, which could create 2D environments to replace the 3D game engine, making it a possibility for release. However, with MegaDrive games like Sonic Advance and Chu Chu Rocket! currently on the Game Boy, I can only see Sega creating new versions of the 16-bit games, or porting the MegaDrive and Game Gear titles.

Jet Set Radio

If Jet Set Radio were to be ported to the Game Boy Advance, I reckon it would lose it's charm that makes me want to play it some more. It was brilliant on the Dreamcast and I'm sure the sequel will be too on the X-box, however it would need to be scaled down a heck of a lot, if not converted into the same kind of style as Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 is on the Game Boy Advance. The Dreamcast wasn't powerful enough to play the game without slowdowns, let alone the Game Boy Advance. So a game of similar style under the Jet Set Radio title would have just as much chance of arriving on the shelves as Ali-G becomming Mayor of London. However, I can imagine a 2D side-scroller type of game, where you have to complete levels, heading for an exit point, whilst collecting spray-cans and spraying as much as you can on obstacles you pass. This would then allow for a similar look, i.e. cel-shaded, and would be able to keep a similar storyline. Though the music wouldn't be as high a quality, and the radio itself would be rendered useless.

Powerstone

There is one reason why this game would not be released on the Game Boy Advance as a 3D beat 'em up. And that is because of the Game Boy Advance's difficulty in displaying 3D graphics. If Powerstone were to be released on the Game Boy Advance it would only join the already steadily climbing amount of 2D beat 'em ups which includes the likes of Super Street Fighter II: Turbo Revival and Mortal Kombat Advance.

Super Smash Bros

Again this game would have to be released as a 2D fighter, though I could see it being released in a cartoony way, where all the sprites are in the style of the SNES characters, and the levels were too. However, would the game be as good when you're limited to levels, graphics and size of the game? Though, I would actually like to see some kind of port of this game on the Advance, as if it were developed, it would show other companies that some of the games already mentioned, like Turok: Evolution and Powerstone are a possibility for the current handheld machine. However, the likelyhood of this happening is very low, and ranks about the same as the moon being made out of cheese.

StarFox/Lylat Wars

Now a game in the style of the Starfox game on the Super Nintendo I can see happening. The chip inside the cart may need to be modified a little to include something like the Super FX chip, however, with a lot of patience and TLC, I reckon Rare could produce one heck of a decent dog-fighting space adventure to rival the playability of Star Wars Rogue Leader on the GameCube. Rare proved they could do it on a 16-bit system, the Game Boy Advance is 32-bit, so all you need do is imagine the possibilities, and this game could be a hit.

There we are, my opinions, I'm sure atleast one of you will be able to argue against my opinions, so come on, bring it on, lets see what you think.
Sun 24/03/02 at 21:02
"+ suspicious minds"
Ssb would be best seller for ages! it would rule over m k advance and tekken advance cos you can evade the enimy.it would have to use different araenes though, you could not play on starfox on GBA
Sun 24/03/02 at 15:59
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
SSB on the advance sweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt
Sun 24/03/02 at 08:26
Regular
Those games would indeed be excellent

Imagine four player Smash Bros. on link up GBA...

*drools Homer-style*
Sun 24/03/02 at 08:22
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Dark Mark, Just read through your ideas and a Super Smash Bros game would bit coll on the GBA. The only thing is the camera, on the N64 it keeps zooming in & out, how could they do this (or don't you think it would be a problem). The other cool thing would be linking up with three of your mates and playing a four player match (sounds really good, wonder if Nintendo or Hal have thought abvout it?!).

Most of the other games I don't know, the Jurrasic Park games were n't spose to be any good and the Dreamcast games sound cool but I never really played them on the Dreamcast(Jet Set Radio would be a laugh though !).
Sun 24/03/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Remember me?"
Alright, listen up. First of all, if you have any complaints about this topic....get lost, ok? Right then...

Has anyone got any opinions on these games?

Golden Sun
Jurassic Park III: Dino Attack
Jurassic Park III: Park Builder
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX
MegaMan: Battle Network
Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder

And does anyone else agree that to see these games on the GBA would be absolutely fantastic?

Turok Evolution:
This one's already coming out on the GBA, but wouldn't it be amazing if Acclaim ditched the 2D genre seen in the GBC Turok games and instead opted for the first person perspective seen in the N64 series and the upcoming GameCube game? It could easilly be done, seeing as the excellent Doom and Ecks Vs Sever have proved that the GBA is capable of first person loveliness.

Skies of Arcadia:
This is one of the very best games on the SEGA Dreamcast, and it's been revealed that it'll be appearing on the GameCube...so a GBA version would be great, especially if SEGA and OverWorks made it similar to the excellent looking Golden Sun.

Jet Set Radio:
Oh come on! Wouldn't this be the best thing ever to appear on the GBA? It's the most original and innovitive game ever released! Damnit, SEGA...get this one out on the GBA soon, pleeeeeease!!!

Power Stone:
Capcom's duo of pseudo 3D beat-em-ups on the Dreamcast amd in the Japanese arcades would be perfect for the GBA. Four player link-up would be a lorra lorra laughs (groan!), and would be good if it used the same graphical engine as Spyro: Seasons of Ice.

Super Smash Bros.:
This game on the N64 ruled my life for months! Mario, Yoshi, Kirby and the gang belong on the GBA, and seeing as Smash Bros. is 2D (which is the GBA's speciality), it'd be pretty easy to convert to the GBA and would be hella fun! (excuse the crappy saying there).

Starfox / Lylat Wars:
Think Iridion 3D..... but with decent gameplay (I've only read that the gameplay in Iridion is dodgy, so sorry if you're a fan of the game).

So....whaddaya think, guys and gals?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.