GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"that wireless controller looks like the x-box one."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/03/02 at 20:55
Regular
im not gona buy it because theres not really any point but the wireless controller, it's like a bloomin x-box one!
Sun 24/03/02 at 11:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Hang on a minute.... how the hell is it like the X-box's pad!????

Yes, it does look slightly bigger than the original wired one, but it's still not even half the size of the X-box pad, surely!

I don't think i'll get a Wireless pad, as I don't reckon it'll be that good, and you can just get extension cables to solve the same long-distnace problem. And the fact that it ruins on batteries is also bad - I use enough on my GBA!
Sun 24/03/02 at 11:34
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
jc99041 wrote:
> i wiv you, but i dont think itll be cheap, its just another gadget for it, and
> its a tacky silver colour, the normal one feels better and is official.

first of all the wirless one will be about £5 more than the normal wired controls.

Secondly , it's not a gadget , it's a wireless control.

3rdly , it looks good in it's silver colour , and will probably come out in more colours later on.

4thly , that compaqrtment in the centre where the batteries and the electronics go , will most likely not affect how the control feels , it will a little bit , but you will get used to it.

5thly , it will never be like the xbox control , as the xbox's one is just a lump of un moulded plastic , the wavebird , is moulded like the normal control , and so will be comfortable.

6thly , why does every one think that the damn thing isn't official , it's from and made by NINTENDO !! meaning that it is an official product like the normal control , if your gonna talk about the normal control, then call it the NORMAL CONTROL , as it really bugs me !
Sun 24/03/02 at 01:39
I agree with edgy!

The Wavebird controller is the same as the controller we are use to seeing except it is filled in at the bottom. Knowing Nintendo, it will still be as comfortable as the orignial cube controller!

It will have a switch where it is filled in to switch it on and a receiver in the controller port. It looks amazing! I think I will end up buying one. If it is good, I'll buy a couple more.

You've got to really try it before you can decide not to like it. The xbox controllers are absolutley massive, not only that, the games are hard to control, especially Project Gotham, just like Gran Turismo!

SINFIELD
Sat 23/03/02 at 22:29
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
and no more cables!!
Sat 23/03/02 at 22:26
Regular
jc99041 wrote:
> im not gona buy it because theres not really any point but the wireless
> controller, it's like a bloomin x-box one!

Having never used one, I cannot tell you how it feels, but it looks just like a normal controller with the middle bit filled in with plastic.

That's nothing like the X-box one.
Sat 23/03/02 at 22:23
I think I'll get Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, since my Dreamcast's broken and I can't use the version that I have on it.

Besides, I hear that its even better than the Dreamcast version. I'm especially looking forward to the bit where you can make your chao fight each other. I've been keeping great care of my chao in Sonic Advance, and its become very, very strong. I'm shure it will kick a**! :D
Sat 23/03/02 at 22:08
Regular
"hit the road jack"
make sure u get a memory card, maybe an extra controller ummmm oh yeah, a game. pref.. luigismansion starwars.
Sat 23/03/02 at 22:05
Regular
"hit the road jack"
well, if everyone has their opinion and i know i havnt played with one but its tacky and big like x-box's duff one.
Sat 23/03/02 at 22:02
I'm not sure.
Sat 23/03/02 at 21:55
Regular
"hit the road jack"
yep there sure is, but i don't like it. it's too big. wot thing are you going to get?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.