GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is the new cel shaded Zelda a good idea."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/03/02 at 16:20
Regular
It's too early to tell at the moment.
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:20
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
It's too early to tell at the moment.
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:42
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
I'm not sure, the original, realistic look was amazing but who knows. Nintendo don't often let us down.
Sat 23/03/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive said many times before - As long as the gameplay is there who cares what it looks like!!
Actually I quite like the new look Zelda - Cell shading seems to be the in thing at the moment and I think it suits this sort of game well!! I havent seen it in motion yet but its suppose to be jaw dropping!!
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:47
Regular
Well Jet Set Radio is cel-shaded and it's brilliant. So I can't see why the look wont be any good for Zelda.
Sun 24/03/02 at 12:22
Regular
Cel Shading looks amzing, the photo's you have seen don't do it any justice, wait till you see it moving then you will realise that it's gonna be brilliant.
Sun 24/03/02 at 12:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree with MattyBoy - it's the gaming that matters!
But I don't really like the new look, and like anyone else, I would've loved the realistic look.
But I still think this new look could be good for the animations, and shows another new area of Nintendo!
And still, I do believe that it could lead to a Disney-style Zelda film! :D

And GrimMetal would really love that!! ;D
Tue 26/03/02 at 21:20
what ever nintendo think will be the best to surpass one of the best games ever is fine with me.
Wed 27/03/02 at 08:10
Well I kind of disagree with nintendo`s action towards the zelda series. It `was` one of the only ninty game to have realistic effects. Not the I don`t like Mario games. But changing it to cel shadeing can`t be right. I `myself` have got both Ocarina Of Time and Majoras Mask and thought they were both great. I think that the next zelda (GC) should have lots of sword fighting and an engrossing storyline over huge enviroments (however long I have to wait for the game). What do you Think?
Wed 27/03/02 at 08:16
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Firstly welcome MattyN, i agree with you on all the points you have just made. I think Nintendo know that everyone was amazed by those original shots of Link on GC and that they would make an absolute fortune producing it like that. So why change, alright thay what to be innovtive (if thats how u spell it) but i still think they would be better of with the realistic look. Just imagine fighting Ganon on the GC, ohh i hope it happens !!! :)
Wed 27/03/02 at 08:17
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Sorry MattyN, maybe you are not that new !!! :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.