GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sony miffed?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/03/02 at 16:12
Regular
Only rumours, but it seems that Sony maybe a little miffed at Square for announcing that they will be making some Final Fantasy games for the GBA and GC.

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=1599

It seems that they may step in and stop them from doing so, which i wont be too bothered about. :D

Ah well, not too long till our version is upon us...
Sun 24/03/02 at 10:11
Regular
"Back For Good"
Square did a servey (in Japan I think) and most of the Final Fantasy fans said the game should stick to the PS2, This is well before the announment that Sony were buying shares in Squaresoft but it still proves a point that Final Fantasy belongs on Sony's machine!!
Sat 23/03/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
its true, they have been a bit soft in the past, they must keep what truley is theres, thats the only way the Sony will succeed.
Sat 23/03/02 at 19:03
Regular
"360: swfcman"
True, but most FF fans would argue that the series did 'come to life' on the Nes and Snes, regardless of todays technology.
Sat 23/03/02 at 18:59
Regular
"You Bum!!"
They have been a bit too soft in the past. They let Resi Evil go without too much fight and up until now they didnt really care too much whether they have any exclusive titles or not. But I feel that a series like Final Fantasy really should stay where it really came to life..
Sat 23/03/02 at 18:49
Regular
Im glad about it too, how can Sony be succesful if there letting all there main games go to the other consoles of the world.
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:43
"High polygon count"
I have to admit that I'm glad Sony may be making an effort (at last) to keep some big titles exclusive to the PS2.

I can think of several others I'd like to see them hold onto...
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:32
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
then if sony own a share of squaresoft let them countinue to shaft nintendo
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:28
Regular
Yes, i know that, but Sony do own a share in Square do they not? And so they do not want to help the competition do they.
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:26
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
the ff series did not start off on a sony platform
Sat 23/03/02 at 16:20
Regular
good on sony. The final fantasy series is one of our exclusive titles so i should think sony did a good job by stepping in

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.