GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CMR 3 (Colin Mcrae Rally 3) review (and all bonus cars)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Colin Mcrae Rally 3'.
Wed 30/10/02 at 21:40
Regular
I purchased CMR 3 on saturday (26th october) for xbox and I am very pleased with it, great graphics with many features, the most detailed cars i have seen on a game (including the really fun damage), exhausts and engine wobbles about when accelerating, great textures, realistic handling. Some people say they dont like the handling, but I think its very realistic, considering the cars (in real life) are completely stripped out £300,000 rally cars, they should handle like that. The scenery is very detaled and realistic, nice textures and accurate stages, the look just like they are in real life. I used to play rallisport challenge a lot, but you dont get the same feeling in rallisport challenge as you do in CMR3, in rallisport challenge the tracks are made up and arent realistic, but in CMR3 they are real and you think you are watching a rally in the replay mode. The menu's are simple but clever hosting a range of different rally cars and stages. CMR3 also includes a great championship mode where you play as Colin Mcrae, rallying his Ford Focus WRC round the stages found in the WRC, but unlocking extra parts and vehicles, from Gravel and Mud to Tarmac and Snow. But its not all good, I think they could have put a few more modes in it and maybe a few more cars in it, instead of the extra ones you have to get the codes for, which also isnt good thing, for £1 per minute on a phone, you can write down 9 codes to unlock extra cars which you cannot unlock any other way, just another way for codies to make more money! The cars that you unlock arent really that good compared to the ones you get normally, these vehicles include Jet fighter, Hover Craft, Battle tank, Baja buggy and Super Ford Focus, all the codes make up other things aswell, like R/C cars cheat which turns all cars into R/C cars and there are also other cheats. All the cars that are in the game not including the ones you need codes for are Ford Focus WRC 02, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII, Citreon Xsara kit car, WRC subaru Impreza, Citreon Saxo Kit car, MG ZR Rally Car, Ford Puma Rally Car,Fiat Punto Rally Car, Ford Focus RS WRC 01, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII RS II Road Car (rally spec), Citreon Xsara road car (rally spec), Subaru Impreza WRX Road Car (rally spec,Ford Focus RS Road Car, Lancia 037, Ford RS200, Mitsubishi Pajero, Ford WRC replica Transit Van, Subaru inpreza 22b STI, Citreon 2CV sahara, Metro 6R4. Overall I think CMR 3 is a brilliant game and all racing fans should get out to the shops and get it because even once you have done the championshp in all difficulties, you still dont get bored, its only a few things that let it down, but i try and not think about them. I give it 910.

By
Danny Roberts A.K.A. Fastmandan
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:23
I played need for speed on the pc its great I love that series.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:16
thanx for the replies, i just forgot to use paragraphs, not too good at using them lol, i also got NFS6 on the same day, so I will review that too.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:08
Hey Fastmandan,

Nice review. You should submit it on the CMR3 XBOX page for others to read, and will also be in with a chance of winning GAD. I am surprised no-one has written a review for it yet - I am waiting until I complete the game. Enjoying it so far though.
Wed 30/10/02 at 21:54
Seems good especially if your a rally fan which I aint
Wed 30/10/02 at 21:40
I purchased CMR 3 on saturday (26th october) for xbox and I am very pleased with it, great graphics with many features, the most detailed cars i have seen on a game (including the really fun damage), exhausts and engine wobbles about when accelerating, great textures, realistic handling. Some people say they dont like the handling, but I think its very realistic, considering the cars (in real life) are completely stripped out £300,000 rally cars, they should handle like that. The scenery is very detaled and realistic, nice textures and accurate stages, the look just like they are in real life. I used to play rallisport challenge a lot, but you dont get the same feeling in rallisport challenge as you do in CMR3, in rallisport challenge the tracks are made up and arent realistic, but in CMR3 they are real and you think you are watching a rally in the replay mode. The menu's are simple but clever hosting a range of different rally cars and stages. CMR3 also includes a great championship mode where you play as Colin Mcrae, rallying his Ford Focus WRC round the stages found in the WRC, but unlocking extra parts and vehicles, from Gravel and Mud to Tarmac and Snow. But its not all good, I think they could have put a few more modes in it and maybe a few more cars in it, instead of the extra ones you have to get the codes for, which also isnt good thing, for £1 per minute on a phone, you can write down 9 codes to unlock extra cars which you cannot unlock any other way, just another way for codies to make more money! The cars that you unlock arent really that good compared to the ones you get normally, these vehicles include Jet fighter, Hover Craft, Battle tank, Baja buggy and Super Ford Focus, all the codes make up other things aswell, like R/C cars cheat which turns all cars into R/C cars and there are also other cheats. All the cars that are in the game not including the ones you need codes for are Ford Focus WRC 02, Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VII, Citreon Xsara kit car, WRC subaru Impreza, Citreon Saxo Kit car, MG ZR Rally Car, Ford Puma Rally Car,Fiat Punto Rally Car, Ford Focus RS WRC 01, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII RS II Road Car (rally spec), Citreon Xsara road car (rally spec), Subaru Impreza WRX Road Car (rally spec,Ford Focus RS Road Car, Lancia 037, Ford RS200, Mitsubishi Pajero, Ford WRC replica Transit Van, Subaru inpreza 22b STI, Citreon 2CV sahara, Metro 6R4. Overall I think CMR 3 is a brilliant game and all racing fans should get out to the shops and get it because even once you have done the championshp in all difficulties, you still dont get bored, its only a few things that let it down, but i try and not think about them. I give it 910.

By
Danny Roberts A.K.A. Fastmandan

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.