GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 2! Not so !"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters 2'.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:37
Regular
Too much hype! This game isn't really for those without any friends. Single Player is a huge let down. It is boring and just not hard enough! I mean there must be about 10-15 enemies on the first level. That is the first level to get you interested in the game and hey it is pretty dull. There are only a few weapons, and the future weapons are not good at all. Plasma poo flying all over the place and bouncing off walls, I mean come on why do that. A nice bit of laser bullets or something would be better, but not flying glowing things.

Controlls are poor to say the least. With out the greatest controller lay out EVER (N64) It is just pathetic, using the controller like a Dual Shock just annoys me.

Easy setting isn't easy at all, it is just...well...like breathing...natural and effortless. Too little enemies are just poor.

Goldeneye 2? NO, a big NO.

However, the in date weapons like the tommy gun are great. Multi Player is the best yet and making your own map rules!

Unfortunatly, without any stats for the multi player games, it feels to me like a real bad let down.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:37
Regular
"^_^"
Too much hype! This game isn't really for those without any friends. Single Player is a huge let down. It is boring and just not hard enough! I mean there must be about 10-15 enemies on the first level. That is the first level to get you interested in the game and hey it is pretty dull. There are only a few weapons, and the future weapons are not good at all. Plasma poo flying all over the place and bouncing off walls, I mean come on why do that. A nice bit of laser bullets or something would be better, but not flying glowing things.

Controlls are poor to say the least. With out the greatest controller lay out EVER (N64) It is just pathetic, using the controller like a Dual Shock just annoys me.

Easy setting isn't easy at all, it is just...well...like breathing...natural and effortless. Too little enemies are just poor.

Goldeneye 2? NO, a big NO.

However, the in date weapons like the tommy gun are great. Multi Player is the best yet and making your own map rules!

Unfortunatly, without any stats for the multi player games, it feels to me like a real bad let down.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:39
Have you played Arcade league? Some of that is impossible! But yes, the single player is short and boring.

Multiplayer rules though.

I am always the gingerbread man or snowman!

(:)
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:44
Regular
It rules my misguided friend, plyed it on the PS2 pad of all things and loved it. worth the money just for the Western levels.

Easy is yes suprisingly easy, but any Goldeneye master should start the game on medium or whatever it's called if they want a challenge. The multiplayer is so good it's almost stupid, more options than you shke a simian at and it has Monkeys.

The ability to make your own deathmatch levels makes it almost infinetly playable.
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:45
Regular
Oh well, the multiplayer is what I can't wait for :D
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:48
Regular
"Remember me?"
Time_Warp wrote:
> I am always the gingerbread man or snowman!

Snowman, eh? It's like I'm looking in a mirror!
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I thought the controls were fully customisable? As long as there is a "Turok" control style i will be ok.
Thu 31/10/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Remember me?"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> maybe co-op would be more interesting.

Co-operative mode eh? Reminds me of playing co-operative Perfect Dark with my brother, Adam...

Me:
Adam: "What are you doing?!"
Me: "Finger slipped."
Adam: "Stop it!!!"
Me: "Finger slipped."

Heh heh heh.
Thu 31/10/02 at 09:54
Regular
"Remember me?"
LMFAO!!! SR changed the clock at the worst possible time, there!!!
Thu 31/10/02 at 10:56
Regular
dont use easy mode...... of course maybe co-op would be more interesting.
Thu 31/10/02 at 12:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Normally I agree with you on things but I'm afraid I don't here.

Parr wrote:
> Too much hype! This game isn't really for those without any friends.
> Single Player is a huge let down. It is boring and just not hard
> enough! I mean there must be about 10-15 enemies on the first level.
> That is the first level to get you interested in the game and hey it
> is pretty dull.

Sounds like you were playing on easy mode. Is Siberia the first level? I've played this and really enjoyed it. Try normal or hard - from what i've seen it's not just enemies and stuff that get harder but whole new objectives and areas open up.

> There are only a few weapons, and the future weapons
> are not good at all. Plasma poo flying all over the place and bouncing
> off walls, I mean come on why do that. A nice bit of laser bullets or
> something would be better, but not flying glowing things.

Most of the levels have realistic guns. The futuristic weapons offer some variety and something different from your average shooter, so why turn them down? I prefer it not all being the same.

> Controlls are poor to say the least. With out the greatest controller
> lay out EVER (N64) It is just pathetic, using the controller like a
> Dual Shock just annoys me.

I found the N64 controller annoying, and I can't help that you think the GC pad is too similar to the Dual Shock. You can, however, customise the controls, which is a big plus. But if what you're looking for is to play it on the N64 then no can do.

> Easy setting isn't easy at all, it is just...well...like
> breathing...natural and effortless. Too little enemies are just
> poor.

Then try normal or even, *shock* hard mode!

> Goldeneye 2? NO, a big NO.

Is this necessarily a bad thing?

> However, the in date weapons like the tommy gun are great. Multi
> Player is the best yet and making your own map rules!

Who uses a tommy gun? I don't. When I do MY drive-by shootings, I always use an up to date assault rifle.

> Unfortunatly, without any stats for the multi player games, it feels
> to me like a real bad let down.

I was pleasantly surprised by this game and will be getting it soon, and I don't normally like first person shooters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.