GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why are characters so young? And how?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/10/02 at 22:42
Regular
Why are characters so young? And how?

Now day’s people use anything to look young. People will spend up to thousands of pounds to just look one year younger. Plastic surgery is the main antidote for young looking skin or is it. A new treatment had been developed way before plastic surgery or pressing up your skin and sowing it together was invented not that I do any of these thing but that is not the question what you really want to know is what is this mystery treatment. Unfortunately you have probably figured that I’m either talking complete rubbish or that this can’t be for humans. Well your right, it is not for humans but it was created by humans. This treatment is pure quality graphics and it only works for characters.

Graphics is without a question the best beauty treatment in the entire world. Let me ask you a question how old are most movie stars? Well you won’t really ever now unless the government cracks down on them revealing tones of personal information about them. But that is not going to happen once all the you know what is legalized. Anyway back to the question they all look like 20, 30 or if their staring in a horror movie probably about 80,90 or 100 but while stars have spent thousands of pounds, dollars, euros and a bunch of other currencies computer stars such as Mario and luigi have spent absolutely nothing if not very little on the plastic surgery but they still look like they were 20 or 30 years old and if you now anything about gaming you’d that they have been around for time. Who could see or play as Peach and not notice here beautiful face let alone her thin body? I suppose she does some exercise in the mushroom kingdom you know jumping up and down hitting the koopas and running away from the boos, and what about the amount of exercise she did in super smash bros melee she must have trained like fox on a good day practicing here Peach bomber and buying the latest umbrella. Well I suppose that could be the reason why they look so young in the games or quite simply it is down to good old pure graphics. All the latest technology crammed into discs and look at the size of the gamecube discs I’m surprised they could make a game with such power and graphics and fit it in a little disc.

But is this good that characters don’t age. I mean who’d want to play shoot m up with a bunch of all grandpas well in fact that is pretty funny but that isn’t the point the character should have energy but wouldn’t it be interesting if all the characters did turn old

Below are some images of what certain characters would look like:

Mario & Luigi: if Mario and Luigi aged that would like those beggars you know the ones who go round the street saying ‘do you have any spare change man’ and we don’t want our favourite Italian brothers to defeat mushroom kingdom as old bushy bearded heavy moustached hoboes. Or do we?

Bowser: if Bowser turned old he look a lot like monk imagen that Bowser the gentle monk.. Just think of it seriously they have the same kind look and if Boswer grew a beard he’d look so much like a monk.

Peach & Daisy: if Peach and Daisy turned old lets just say their wouldn’t be any more super Mario adventures because all adventures need a reward and what ever you say don’t tell me it’s a reward in its self but then what is so fun about rescuing to buck tooth old mummy like grannies when you can rescue to babes.

Don’t get me wrong not all characters would look bad old in fact I think that’s a very good idea. But there are some games that the characters do age to an extent.

Zelda: a classic game beautiful graphics, brilliant plot, wicked weapons and a young character called link are just a few things that make this game class. This was one of the first games that the character link does age but in a different way he goes from child to grown up which I think is a hell of an idea.

Final fantasy: the final fantasy is one of the greatest rpg games ever made with a selection of characters and an aging factor this game has it all.

There are many other games that the characters age but I say look out into the future because one day these characters will age.

Can you think of any more characters that would look weird when their old or young please enter.

Thank you and good-bye.
Thu 31/10/02 at 18:25
I've had a quick flick, but otherwise, intregingly interesting. It's true, why can we not have games called...

Super Oldie Melee
Final Oldasy.
MTV Elderly Genertor 2
ejay Oldworld
Soldie Reaver 100 years old and experienced...

Whatever, these ideas came from the UW "Mind Meddling" Machine. So...halloween...is a big hype in America...I guess.

UW.
Thu 31/10/02 at 13:11
Regular
That could work I guess, but I think it could be more fun to slow down because your enemy is forcing it, rather than because you`re aging. Its a good idea though, keep working on it, just remember that its best if its exciting.
Thu 31/10/02 at 11:58
Regular
"who'd the man."
well maybe not a game that last all your life but something that shows a bit of reality. i@ve got an idea what about your a character that ages but if you get to old you slow down you have less health etc. and you have the option of buying youth formulas that take away the years what do you think?
Thu 31/10/02 at 11:35
Regular
Would you want to play a game that lasted so long you aged? I mean, it`d be great if there was a game that could do that, but as far as I know the only one that exists that lasts that long and allows you to age is life, if you`re lucky.

Its fine having a few games that let you age in little leaps every so often, but the idea of watching a character age at the same rate as you do is silly. Why not just find a mirror?
Wed 30/10/02 at 22:42
Regular
"who'd the man."
Why are characters so young? And how?

Now day’s people use anything to look young. People will spend up to thousands of pounds to just look one year younger. Plastic surgery is the main antidote for young looking skin or is it. A new treatment had been developed way before plastic surgery or pressing up your skin and sowing it together was invented not that I do any of these thing but that is not the question what you really want to know is what is this mystery treatment. Unfortunately you have probably figured that I’m either talking complete rubbish or that this can’t be for humans. Well your right, it is not for humans but it was created by humans. This treatment is pure quality graphics and it only works for characters.

Graphics is without a question the best beauty treatment in the entire world. Let me ask you a question how old are most movie stars? Well you won’t really ever now unless the government cracks down on them revealing tones of personal information about them. But that is not going to happen once all the you know what is legalized. Anyway back to the question they all look like 20, 30 or if their staring in a horror movie probably about 80,90 or 100 but while stars have spent thousands of pounds, dollars, euros and a bunch of other currencies computer stars such as Mario and luigi have spent absolutely nothing if not very little on the plastic surgery but they still look like they were 20 or 30 years old and if you now anything about gaming you’d that they have been around for time. Who could see or play as Peach and not notice here beautiful face let alone her thin body? I suppose she does some exercise in the mushroom kingdom you know jumping up and down hitting the koopas and running away from the boos, and what about the amount of exercise she did in super smash bros melee she must have trained like fox on a good day practicing here Peach bomber and buying the latest umbrella. Well I suppose that could be the reason why they look so young in the games or quite simply it is down to good old pure graphics. All the latest technology crammed into discs and look at the size of the gamecube discs I’m surprised they could make a game with such power and graphics and fit it in a little disc.

But is this good that characters don’t age. I mean who’d want to play shoot m up with a bunch of all grandpas well in fact that is pretty funny but that isn’t the point the character should have energy but wouldn’t it be interesting if all the characters did turn old

Below are some images of what certain characters would look like:

Mario & Luigi: if Mario and Luigi aged that would like those beggars you know the ones who go round the street saying ‘do you have any spare change man’ and we don’t want our favourite Italian brothers to defeat mushroom kingdom as old bushy bearded heavy moustached hoboes. Or do we?

Bowser: if Bowser turned old he look a lot like monk imagen that Bowser the gentle monk.. Just think of it seriously they have the same kind look and if Boswer grew a beard he’d look so much like a monk.

Peach & Daisy: if Peach and Daisy turned old lets just say their wouldn’t be any more super Mario adventures because all adventures need a reward and what ever you say don’t tell me it’s a reward in its self but then what is so fun about rescuing to buck tooth old mummy like grannies when you can rescue to babes.

Don’t get me wrong not all characters would look bad old in fact I think that’s a very good idea. But there are some games that the characters do age to an extent.

Zelda: a classic game beautiful graphics, brilliant plot, wicked weapons and a young character called link are just a few things that make this game class. This was one of the first games that the character link does age but in a different way he goes from child to grown up which I think is a hell of an idea.

Final fantasy: the final fantasy is one of the greatest rpg games ever made with a selection of characters and an aging factor this game has it all.

There are many other games that the characters age but I say look out into the future because one day these characters will age.

Can you think of any more characters that would look weird when their old or young please enter.

Thank you and good-bye.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.