GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is everyone so far happy with the x-box"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/03/02 at 00:14
Regular
I ask this question as I could buy a x-box tommorow if I want one I just want to see if its a worthy purchase
Sat 23/03/02 at 00:14
I ask this question as I could buy a x-box tommorow if I want one I just want to see if its a worthy purchase
Sat 23/03/02 at 08:47
Regular
Definatly get one dont even think about it do it and get it with Halo or Max Payne.
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:16
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Xbox is gr8, the best, the finest, the fastest... need I go on :)

IGNORE silly comments like the following:

"but its made by Microsoft so must be bad"

"Its a slow PC"

"The controllers are 2 large"

"The processor is only 733Mhz, my PC has a faster processor so must be faster"

I was sceptical but the Xbox is a fine machine with plenty of power!
Sat 23/03/02 at 12:56
Regular
yes m8 i would get one, after havin a ps2 i thought that all comp games were boring coz of the lack of decent games (except gta3 and a couple others) but with the x box u'll find that u want to play on the games, Halo is awesum, PGr is pretty good more fun that GT3 and DOA3 is superb especially multiplayer. Games wise i think its gonna be great, with sega and all the others x box seems like the future.

If you get people who say X Box is crap etc. Its prob becz there jealous, or they no that there console is worse than the box. You could buy a PS2 or GC but really, X Box is far better.

So all i saw 2 u is get one my son, its a worthy buy, although u hav to depart with long earned cash :( lol its def well spent tho
Sat 23/03/02 at 13:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Buy one mate. ;-) I've found it hard to stop playing mine to come online since I got it. ;-))

Any idea what you'd get with it ? If your just getting one game for now (if you buy the console of course), make it Halo, its one of the best games I've ever played. :-)

It'll certainly keep you busy till you get other games.
Sat 23/03/02 at 15:06
"High polygon count"
I wasn't entirely happy with it when I bought it, but I'm getting to like it more and more.

If you have a PS2, I'd think twice about selling it or trading it in and would recommend having both machines; I still couldn't be without my PS2.

But that's just my own opinion, and others will no doubt tell you otherwise.
Sat 23/03/02 at 19:22
I have a ps2 now and I wont be selling it I just wanna know if people are happy with it and hopefully it wont fail.
Sat 23/03/02 at 19:29
Oh yeah. The XBox is most definately worth it. I just played Dead Or Alive 3 on it over at Currys and it is awsome. Great fun it is :D
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:11
Regular
I couldn't afford to buy an XBox unless I sold my PS2. So I decided to.

I feel my decision has been justified.

I've just spent the last 3 hours playing Amped, I thought I'd only been playing about half an hour, the time flew by! I'd never ever spent that long playing on my PS2 in one go before.

Some people won't agree that's it's worth selling your PS2 for, but for me personally, it was a good move.
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:16
I just dont want to buy the x-box and it to fail. I have a feeling it might go the way of the DC

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.