GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How did they not realise this problem!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/03/02 at 23:37
Regular
Everytime I switch on my xbox, I have to reset the clock.

I acually only noticed it the other day, and I didn't think anything of it at the time. Then today on digitiser they said that all xbox's internal clocks reset when they are switched off because "the system is too powerful" (um rite). Check if your xbox clock is resettiing too. Mines does.

I know its not really inportaint but Boy thats just a real stupid mistake. Someone at the MS factory really messed up there.

A
Sun 24/03/02 at 23:29
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Yeah, I first had that problem when I moved it up into my bedroom TV. I ont unplug it anymore so it doesnt happen. Do you actually pack your console away at night? Cos i dont see a reason why you should be in that position.

It says in the manuel about it. If you are going to move it there is no point in re-adjusting teh time every time you turn it on, just leave it and press a and carry on. I suppose the time doesnt really matter anyway.

I understand what you are saying thought, its not a glitch but I would have thought they could have had some clock memory.
Sun 24/03/02 at 10:49
Regular
"BOSE"
i've never turned my Xbox off at the plug i turn it off by the button on the console. i've never had to set my clock again since i did it on the 14th on launch
Sat 23/03/02 at 23:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Ah - well I haven't unplugged mine yet.

It does seem to be a bit of an
> over-sight though. All PC's have a battery-backed clock, and so does PS2.
> Seems a very odd decision!

Microsoft dont use a battery for the clock, its a capacitor. A battery wouldnt last long once the Xbox is turned off due to the power outage the Xbox causes. A capacitor allows the Xbox to keep the time for a few hours once unplugged from a wall, much like a VCR.
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:16
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Moving it around? To different parts of the house, or to a friends house?

I always move my PS2 around when someone is already watching the TV. So hopefully, this clock thing will be fixed by the time I get an XBox.
Sat 23/03/02 at 20:13
Regular
Just out of interest, why are you turning it off at the plug?

I just use the off button on the front of the machine and it's all been fine.
Sat 23/03/02 at 18:46
"High polygon count"
Ah - well I haven't unplugged mine yet.

It does seem to be a bit of an over-sight though. All PC's have a battery-backed clock, and so does PS2. Seems a very odd decision!
Sat 23/03/02 at 17:45
when u switch the power of from the plug socket, then the clock settings will be lost. evrytime i turn it of by the plug socket it happens, but when i just turn it off by the power button on the conole it is fine.
Sat 23/03/02 at 15:15
"High polygon count"
When you say "switch off", do you mean just using the on/off button on the front, or actually removing the plug from the wall?

Mine is constantly plugged in, and I have no such problem.
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:37
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Everytime I switch on my xbox, I have to reset the clock.

I acually only noticed it the other day, and I didn't think anything of it at the time. Then today on digitiser they said that all xbox's internal clocks reset when they are switched off because "the system is too powerful" (um rite). Check if your xbox clock is resettiing too. Mines does.

I know its not really inportaint but Boy thats just a real stupid mistake. Someone at the MS factory really messed up there.

A

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.