GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hitman 2 on Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Hitman 2'.
Thu 31/10/02 at 19:40
Regular
Taken from planetgamecube.com

Eidos Interactive, one of the world's leading publishers and developers of entertainment software, announces that the No.1 selling Hitman 2: Silent Assassin is to be released on GameCube. Since its release on PlayStation 2, PC and Xbox in October this year, the game has enjoyed worldwide success having shipped in excess of one million units. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin on GameCube is currently being developed by IO Interactive and will be released in Spring 2003.

Mike McGarvey, ceo of Eidos says: "GameCube owners worldwide are crying out for more mature content and Hitman 2: Silent Assassin fits the bill perfectly. The game has taken the world by storm and we are confident that this success will be repeated on the GameCube platform."

Janos Flösser, managing director of IO Interactive says: "With an installed base of millions, there is a massive potential audience for a game like Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. We are very impressed with the GameCube and feel that Hitman 2 and the Cube is a perfect match."

In Hitman 2: Silent Assassin you must enter the mind of a genetically engineered assassin Codename 47, whose deadly efficiency is now needed more than ever. Lured back into a global ring of deception, you must kill not only to make a living, but to continue living. This time it's not just business. It's personal.

The game's storyline begins in a Sicilian monastery. Codename 47 has been attempting to distance himself from his violent past, however the local criminal underworld discover his true identity and blackmail him into returning to his trade. Caught in the middle of a ring of deception, Codename 47 soon discovers that he has been manipulated and the hunter must now watch his back, as he has become the hunted.

Oooooooh another o called 'mature' title to add to the ever increasing list, should be good, saw an advert for this the other day and must say it looks most impressive.

Oh and if you didn't already know, an entirely new Serious Sam game's coming to Cube.
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:47
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Tiltawhirl Sorry mate, I started a same topic in this section in the Ninty forum! Didn't see your one. I got me info on Hitman 2 from allcube.com!
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's great that these games are coming out on the GC, but why did it take so long. I would always buy the PC versions anyway, simply because they are about £15 cheaper, and they come out earlier and are easier to control. I reccomend you all get Hitman 2 though, even though it isn't as good as the first one.
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:27
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Why the hell does this happen?
>
> Hitman 2, The Thing, Conflict Desert Storm and more. Out on PC, Ps2,
> and XBox. Either they never appear or do so incredibly late on the GC.
> Why?!

The Thing and Conflict Desert Storm are coming to GC? Sweet!
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:17
Regular
Pringle28 wrote:
> no ive seen seperate screen shots for bothand vendetta has never been
> refered to as the new name for next generation

That's odd, because when I went on Sierra's website, all I got was a game entitled Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza. Now I know this was the setting of the original, but will it be released on the GameCube? It didn't say.
Sat 02/11/02 at 21:15
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> I could be wrong, but ain't it a third person shoot 'em up?

One of the great things about the Hitman series is the ability to switch between First and Third Person with just the hit of a button. Good, eh?

On the main subject, this is brilliant news! The game's already been critically acclaimed for it's PC, PS2 and X-Box versions, so a GameCube version should do very well. Hopefully, if it sells well, Eidos might consider giving Deus Ex 2 a GameCube outing.

Anyone know how to contact Eidos, as I might make an enquiry about that.
Thu 31/10/02 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Why the hell does this happen?

Hitman 2, The Thing, Conflict Desert Storm and more. Out on PC, Ps2, and XBox. Either they never appear or do so incredibly late on the GC. Why?!
Thu 31/10/02 at 22:19
Regular
I think the whole kiddy mature thing is being mixed together now.
Maybe becuase gc is easier to develop on and cheaper and to more people that developer now make their "mature" games on it. And rare going to microsoft has put kiddy onto the xbox.

Cant wait for hitman2, it was predicted to do better than mario, but was beaten just.
Thu 31/10/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
no ive seen seperate screen shots for bothand vendetta has never been refered to as the new name for next generation
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:43
Regular
Pringle28 wrote:

> what i wana know is whatever happend to die hard next generation?

Vendetta's release 2 weeks tommorow, are you sure generation wasn't the original name for Vendetta?
Thu 31/10/02 at 20:41
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
the game ive played on my mates xbox is definately first person. oh yeah medal of honour, metroid and jedi outkast should be good games. what i wana know is whatever happend to die hard next generation?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.