GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ninty Forum Vote!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/10/02 at 20:12
Regular
A mix between boredom and curiosity has brought me to make a topic about this..I think it probably has been tried before, but as the year end is looming (well, 2 months) I thought we should maybe do a Nintendo forum vote, on various categories. My category choices were :

Nintendo Game of the Year
Innovation of the Year
Most Underrated Game
Best Gamecube Game
Best Game Boy Advance Game
Best Other Nintendo Console Game (SNES, N64, GBC)
Best Nintendo Forum Member

If you think this is a good idea, say something positive. If you think it's bad, curse to the extent of the swear filter. If I get a good response, I'll do some *proper* stuff (site, e-mail etc)

:: Fuzzy ::
(Smile, it's Thursday)
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:47
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
! I saw that wamon the other day!! I want my £50,000 :'(
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Thanks, I'll try the forum members one next time. This was just a little test run of a voting thing, I'll perfect it next time and do an online form on my website, which is

www.holmeshome.myby.co.uk

*Plug*

:D
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:15
"The Will of D."
can we have differnet catorgories like:
Scariest 3D Nintedo game N64, GC: Eternal Darkness
Funniest Nintendo game of the year: No idea at the moment

That's all I can think up at the moment.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:15
Regular
Fuzzy wrote:
> Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> And thank u for setting it all up :)
>
> No problems mate, glad you liked it :)

i did enjoy it :) Just next time do ninty forum members awards, I have to amdit, That would appeal to more ppl in here... :)
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:11
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Ev][L~Dark wrote:
> And thank u for setting it all up :)

No problems mate, glad you liked it :)
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:08
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's a shame I missed this. But I agree to some degree with this, excpet that Luigis Mansion shouldn't win any awards.
Sat 02/11/02 at 23:05
Regular
And thank u for setting it all up :)
Sat 02/11/02 at 22:58
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Well, the votes have been counted, and after around an hour and a half and several counting methods, I have the results!

Firstly, the most innovative game of the year is ....

PIKMIN - With the runner up being Luigi's Mansion. There were 6 possiblilties in this category, but Pikmin and Luigis Mansion amasses more votes than the rest combined. The winner of most underrated game is ....

LUIGIS MANSION + DOSHIN - Both these had 2 votes, and the rest in the category (a huge 10!) had 1 each. These 2 I felt were most important personally, although views were obviously varied. Next is best GBA game, which goes to...

GOLDEN SUN - Golden Sun won, but just, because Advance Wars, one of the other best games, was within 2 votes of beating it. The next, bigger category is best Gamecube game. The obvious winner??

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE - The obvious winner of this was SMS, but both Super Monkey Ball (one of my faves) and Resident Evil were quite close. Next, we'll move onto the best game on another Ninty console? The game, on N64?

LEGEND OF ZELDA : OCARINA OF TIME - This was once again the obvious winner, with other games like Majorkas Mask and Mario getting a mention. Best forum member was..

EDGY - Not much to say, but he and Cooky were close.

And finally, Nintendo Game of the Year???

SUPER - MARIO - SUNSHINEEEEE!

Thanks for voting :)
Sat 02/11/02 at 19:58
Nintendo Game of the Year-Mario Sunshine
Innovation of the Year-Wavebird controller
Most Underrated Game-Warioland 4 (GBA)
Best Gamecube Game-Mario Sunshine
Best Game Boy Advance Game-Advance Wars
Best Other Nintendo Console Game-Zelda Ocarina of Time
Best Nintendo Forum Member-I don't spend much time in here so I don't know
Sat 02/11/02 at 12:11
Regular
Nintendo Game of the Year - Mario Sunshine
Innovation of the Year - Pikmin
Best Gamecube Game - Mario Sunshine
Best Game Boy Advance Game - Mario Kart Super Circuit
Best Other Nintendo Console Game - Super Metroid
Best Nintendo Forum Member - Cooky

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.