GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2: FINAL CONCLUSION"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/03/02 at 18:40
Regular
Completed, 'Done and dusted' with a total number of hours equating to 27: 12 mins (Staggeringly huge for this game).
No this isn't a review, nor is it mindless rambling-
It's just purely my own thoughts on a game that is quite simply the best since The legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time on the N64.
I've given this game a fair going through, I tried my best to investigate everything and not to miss too much of what is going on throughout the story.
Firstly, regardless of the criticisms of the story (From various sources) I have to say the plot is excellent. Never before in a video game have I experienced this amount of tension, let alone a sheer amount of plot changes, surprises and downright shocking developments.
It would put many Hollywood films to shame with its amount of twists and turns.
One minute your beliving one thing and the next your having to throw everything you believed in previously out the window, with a totally new perspective of the story heaped upon you. I have to admit, I like that in a game. It helps to give the game a character unseen, gripping and truly fulfilling.

It's Hollywood influences, largely to blame from Hideo Kojima's love for Hollywood films and so forth is evident in many places. The games chracters for instance are very over the top in design and imagination (Without mentioning names)- from Vampires, Fat Bombers, Russian Militants and Western Style gunmen all involved in an X-File style plot of conspiracy, deceit and heroism.
The Hollywood influence doesn't end there though, Harry Gregson Williams of Hollywood fame, who composed the Title theme to Metal Gear Solid 2 gives the game a truly excellent gripping theme. Watching the intro for the first time really gets you into the mood of the game from the onset, the in-game music composed by Mr.Williams adds to the tension too- shooting terrorists with your M-9 or being pursued to a locker in evasion mode with a rousing cinematic theme playing in the background helps to make the game that little bit more appealing let alone atmospheric.

The gameplay deserves to be commended very much so too, it really is pure addiction when after 4 hours of solid play you see yourself taking a break for an hour or so, only to get a craving to play more. Its difficultly is fairly hard- yet, its the type of game that will keep you trying and trying never to give up. And I don't care what othes say of it being too easy, if people complain of the game being too easy they have the option of starting the game over and choosing their diffuculty level from Easy to Extreme and if they really are complainers- after completeting it on extreme they have the choice to prove themselves on the mighty diffucult 'European Extreme' difficulty setting which is unique to the European release.
Yet the game isn't without its faults, although minor ones at that!. Rose as I've mentioned in my previous postings, is really annoying, very annoying in fact. Her ramblings of devoted relationship and love is rather over the top, I've said this before so I'll not go on too much this time. Simply put- Rose could have been done without in this game, she is a total pain!
And I'll leave it there, I really enjoyed this one. I'm going to start it again, this time trying to collect enough Dogtags to get the add-ons at the end for doing so!. I'm looking forward to it too.
Anyone out there who hasn't got this game get it now, if you have your doubts about getting it-Believe me-It'll be worth buying.
Metal Gear Solid 2 will go down in gaming history as one game that lived up to the hype in many peoples opinions. In my opinion and situation however it exceeded everything I thought or percieved about it.
If your a devoted X-Box or Nintendo devotee, throw that loyality away....for the time being. This game is the one to get. It's worth buying a PS2 just to experince it, trust me.
Sun 21/04/02 at 22:54
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Just to say this:
Anyone who has not got this game yet, what are you waiting for?
Have you got a PS2? Well Get one if you haven't, just play this game!
Read Ant's New MGS2 post for further enlightenment, if you don't take a Ninty's word for it....Me!!!.
Believe it!.
Sat 23/03/02 at 15:06
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Of course you do, you remember reading this in chat when I posted it there.
The Topic was subsequently dead after a few hours with one silly reply.
So I moved it to here, hoping to get a few constructive replies and of course a good chance for this topic to be read.
Fri 22/03/02 at 18:44
Regular
I seem to remember reading this before...
Fri 22/03/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Nasty Fat Hobbit!"
Completed, 'Done and dusted' with a total number of hours equating to 27: 12 mins (Staggeringly huge for this game).
No this isn't a review, nor is it mindless rambling-
It's just purely my own thoughts on a game that is quite simply the best since The legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time on the N64.
I've given this game a fair going through, I tried my best to investigate everything and not to miss too much of what is going on throughout the story.
Firstly, regardless of the criticisms of the story (From various sources) I have to say the plot is excellent. Never before in a video game have I experienced this amount of tension, let alone a sheer amount of plot changes, surprises and downright shocking developments.
It would put many Hollywood films to shame with its amount of twists and turns.
One minute your beliving one thing and the next your having to throw everything you believed in previously out the window, with a totally new perspective of the story heaped upon you. I have to admit, I like that in a game. It helps to give the game a character unseen, gripping and truly fulfilling.

It's Hollywood influences, largely to blame from Hideo Kojima's love for Hollywood films and so forth is evident in many places. The games chracters for instance are very over the top in design and imagination (Without mentioning names)- from Vampires, Fat Bombers, Russian Militants and Western Style gunmen all involved in an X-File style plot of conspiracy, deceit and heroism.
The Hollywood influence doesn't end there though, Harry Gregson Williams of Hollywood fame, who composed the Title theme to Metal Gear Solid 2 gives the game a truly excellent gripping theme. Watching the intro for the first time really gets you into the mood of the game from the onset, the in-game music composed by Mr.Williams adds to the tension too- shooting terrorists with your M-9 or being pursued to a locker in evasion mode with a rousing cinematic theme playing in the background helps to make the game that little bit more appealing let alone atmospheric.

The gameplay deserves to be commended very much so too, it really is pure addiction when after 4 hours of solid play you see yourself taking a break for an hour or so, only to get a craving to play more. Its difficultly is fairly hard- yet, its the type of game that will keep you trying and trying never to give up. And I don't care what othes say of it being too easy, if people complain of the game being too easy they have the option of starting the game over and choosing their diffuculty level from Easy to Extreme and if they really are complainers- after completeting it on extreme they have the choice to prove themselves on the mighty diffucult 'European Extreme' difficulty setting which is unique to the European release.
Yet the game isn't without its faults, although minor ones at that!. Rose as I've mentioned in my previous postings, is really annoying, very annoying in fact. Her ramblings of devoted relationship and love is rather over the top, I've said this before so I'll not go on too much this time. Simply put- Rose could have been done without in this game, she is a total pain!
And I'll leave it there, I really enjoyed this one. I'm going to start it again, this time trying to collect enough Dogtags to get the add-ons at the end for doing so!. I'm looking forward to it too.
Anyone out there who hasn't got this game get it now, if you have your doubts about getting it-Believe me-It'll be worth buying.
Metal Gear Solid 2 will go down in gaming history as one game that lived up to the hype in many peoples opinions. In my opinion and situation however it exceeded everything I thought or percieved about it.
If your a devoted X-Box or Nintendo devotee, throw that loyality away....for the time being. This game is the one to get. It's worth buying a PS2 just to experince it, trust me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.