GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colin McRae Rally 3 - anyone noticed............."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Colin Mcrae Rally 3'.
Fri 01/11/02 at 01:40
Regular
Great game, not sure why some people are bashing it (saying poor graphics, handling, etc.), but I have noticed a couple of things. Firstly, Nicky Grist tends to lag behind on his pace notes from time to time - and damn is it annoying when it happens. And its ususally something messed up like "hairpin left" two yards from the actual hairpin, often resulting in a crash of somekind. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, I find it very hard, damn near impossible actually, to handle the car on gravel surfaces - it slides around uncontrollably. Taking a right bend in 5th results in the car sliding across to the left (usually into a tree or something) and I am not sure how to stop it. Anyone else have this problem?
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:13
Sjigga wrote:
> Silent85 wrote:
> Cant you see the turns yourself??
>
> Not all the time. As you are traveling at speed, you need pace notes
> to know how much to slow down before the turn is visible - just like
> in real rallying. Damn this game is hard.

Oh I forgot about the speed how thick am I :P
Fri 01/11/02 at 15:10
Silent85 wrote:
> Cant you see the turns yourself??

Not all the time. As you are traveling at speed, you need pace notes to know how much to slow down before the turn is visible - just like in real rallying. Damn this game is hard.
Fri 01/11/02 at 13:14
Cant you see the turns yourself?? On rally games I never focus on the speaking but maybe thats why I am balls at rally games :D
Fri 01/11/02 at 01:40
Great game, not sure why some people are bashing it (saying poor graphics, handling, etc.), but I have noticed a couple of things. Firstly, Nicky Grist tends to lag behind on his pace notes from time to time - and damn is it annoying when it happens. And its ususally something messed up like "hairpin left" two yards from the actual hairpin, often resulting in a crash of somekind. Anyone else noticed this?

Also, I find it very hard, damn near impossible actually, to handle the car on gravel surfaces - it slides around uncontrollably. Taking a right bend in 5th results in the car sliding across to the left (usually into a tree or something) and I am not sure how to stop it. Anyone else have this problem?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.