GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IS the GC worth buying??"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/03/02 at 16:37
Regular
the only reason i want one right now is for the wrestlemania X8 game and thats it.

maybe when a few more games come out that i want then it would be ok,

but do you think that i should get one?
Fri 22/03/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Hmmm....."
the only reason i want one right now is for the wrestlemania X8 game and thats it.

maybe when a few more games come out that i want then it would be ok,

but do you think that i should get one?
Fri 22/03/02 at 16:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So this game appeals to you then does it??
Maybe there are/will also be several other similar games to this one that will also interest you??
Can this game be found on any other format??
Did you like the N64 and other Nintendo consoles???
Do you like Nintendo games in general??

You need to ask yourself questions like these in order to determine wether the GameCube is right for you, or if you should go for something like the PS2 or X-box instead.

I'd say yes, but you should look at the games in general for each console to see what you like.
Fri 22/03/02 at 16:56
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Solskjær_24 wrote:
> So this game appeals to you then does it??
Maybe there are/will also be several
> other similar games to this one that will also interest you??
Can this game be
> found on any other format??
Did you like the N64 and other Nintendo
> consoles???
Do you like Nintendo games in general??

You need to ask yourself
> questions like these in order to determine wether the GameCube is right for you,
> or if you should go for something like the PS2 or X-box instead.

I'd say yes,
> but you should look at the games in general for each console to see what you
> like.

-----------------

this game appeals to me yes.
it cant be found on another format no.
i didnt really like any of the other ninty consoles no nor thier games.

ive got a ps2 so im not sure what to do,
i may just stick with that for now and see what the new wrestling games are like.
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think that's a wise choice to stick with what you already have. And it's also a good idea if you don't like any of Nintendo's other games besides wrestling.

But the Cube is the cheapest of the 3, so you may not be 'wasting your money' exactly.
Stick with your PS2 for now, and see what emerges in the future for the GameCube and this game.
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:13
Regular
"Hmmm....."
well thats a good aspect of the GC that made me start to think of buying it,

its cheap release price.
it cant get better than that as i dont see it being reduced any more even in a couple years
Fri 22/03/02 at 17:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I agree that the Cube's price shouldn't drop much over the next few years also - maybe not untill it nears the end - like the Dreamcast is now.
But I do think that PS2 will soon start to drop in price regularly to compete with the other 2 - and the fact that almost everyone will already have a PS2 within the next few months (but not me!). And it may even come down to £99.99 or lower in less than 2 years!!
And I also hope the X-box drops soon, so I can get one for a better price some time in the next year or so.#
But it probably won't, unless it does an N64 and drops in it's first year!!
Fri 22/03/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Hmmm....."
indeed,

i wish the xbox would drop its prices too very soon coz theres only a few games i want for that aswell.
Fri 22/03/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Whatever!"
i wish the xbox would drop its prices too very soon coz theres only a
> few games i want for that aswell.

Same here - Im going to wait till the X-Box drops its price before getting one!! I may be in for a long wait but Im willing to hold on untill it does!!
Fri 22/03/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Foos Rock"
Of course you should get a GC. Take it from me, because I have been fortunate enough to play on Star Wars Rogue Leader. And trust me the GC makes the PS2 look like a Snes. It may not be as powerful as the Xbox, but it's half the price and as most of the best games for the Xbox are coming out in the first couple of months, it's a fairly short term investment. Where as because the GC is made by Nintendo you know that good games will be coming out right up til the end.
P.S. I have just 2 words for you Resident Evil.
Wed 27/03/02 at 11:16
It was exactly the same for the PS2. By waiting for more games to come out, and the price of the console to come down, you'll get more of a treat when you actually make the purchase. That said, I don't tink Nintendo will cut the price of the GC anytime soon, unless the retailers deide to start a price war.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.