GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thinking of getting a gamecube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/11/02 at 14:14
Regular
What games should I get with it???

I am thinking resident evil
Eternal Darkness
Super Smash Brothers melee??

Sugestions if you would
Fri 01/11/02 at 20:17
Regular
Essential Exclusives:-

Super Mario Sunshine
Resident Evil
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2

Essential Peripherals:-

Extra Official Controller
Memory Card 251

Well done for making a great choice Silent, and here's a few pointers:-

*Keep to official stuff.
*Grab a magazine to help you buy.
*Shop around for the best deal.
Fri 01/11/02 at 20:05
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Resident Evil- Very atmospheric, makes you jump sometimes, and has a much more creepy feel than the original. Probably loses some effect if you did everything in the original, but it's certainly much more atmospheric.

Eternal Darkness- Haven't played, but looks very good, very atmospheric, and very inventive. I think it could turn out to be one of my favourite Cube games.

Super Smash Bros Melee- Very good, chaotic multiplay. Suprising amount of depth since it initially seems like a bit of a button masher. Not great in single player, but decent enough, and sometimes quite addictive.
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:39
Regular
Silent85 wrote:

> but first I have to pay for my beta tester xbox live

good idea, by then GC wil be under the £100 margin meaning that you maybe able to get another game or something.
Also more games will be out, maybe even zelda :)

Also is there a platinum range coming out, just i heard there was and theres a few games that are quite old that i still want and dont want to buy it for £40 for it to come out planinum.
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:17
Regular
Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and Smash Bros are very good choices for your first game :)
Fri 01/11/02 at 17:12
Thanks for the replies folks I might just stick with the games I said but first I have to pay for my beta tester xbox live
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Oh yeah, get Timesplitters 2. It's no Perfect Dark/Goldeneye beater but it's still great fun. Got a good multiplayer too.
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I would get:

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball
Timesplitters 2
Super Smash Bros Melee
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:50
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I'd go for Super Mario Sunshine and Rogue Leader.

Neither of these games are as good for their time as Mario 64 and Rogue Squadron were for their time though. Well, at least I didn't enjoy Rogue Leader as much as I enjoyed Rogue Squadron and I haven't enjoyed Sunshinme as much I did Mario 64.

Smash Bros might be a great multiplayer title (I dunno) but if you're just getting games mainly for single player then it isn't essential.

Wave Race Blue Storm isn't anywhere near as good as Wave Race 64. It's very different and not as fun in my opinion. Plus I don't think I'll NEED to play it again each summer like I did with Wave Race 64. The cheesy 'Maximum Power' has been replaced, there is no super relaxing music and Drake Lake has been changed completely (much to my dismay). I'd always play Drake Lake again each Summer just because it was so good racing round the extremely calm water, with the relaxing music and the cheesey voice over guy. However, the new Drake Lake (can't remember its name - that's how good it is :-D) has loads of obstacles and you really have to concentrate to keep on your jet ski. Too tense, not relaxing enough. Not a bad game mind, and there's quite a bit of a challenge.

I rented Pikmin and I really enjoyed it. What I played of it anyway. I didn't get a lot of time on it. I'm told it's too short though. Still, I thought it was one of the most original games I've played for quite some time.
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:26
Regular
"Remember me?"
You NEED:

Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros Melee
Timesplitters 2
Wave Race: Blue Storm

And Resident Evil, Super Monkey Ball, Spider-Man, Turok Evolution and Extreme G 3 are all great, too. But I'd go for the above four games that I listed.
Fri 01/11/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Resident Evil is fantastic, Eternal Darkness looks great and I'm getting it soon, and Smash Bros Melee is a real laugh.

Then there's Mario Sunshine, Monkey Ball, Rougue Leader, Timesplitters 2, Pikmin to name but a few.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.