GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay selling tactica"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/11/07 at 22:30
Regular
"eat toast!"
I just want your feedback concerning selling items on ebay. Or more accurately, what attracts you to an item and make you bid harder then other items?

I recently got a nintendo ds, Since i've got one, i won't need it. The box is still sealed.

Now heres the important part, I'll be taking a photo of the item. Would it be more attractive to buy and get more bids if i:

a) Left it in the box, and stated it was Mint and still in its box
b) Took all items out, take a photo of all items along with the box, orginal wraping on the items (eg Stylus and bag to hold the documentation.

I was thinking of going with B, however, i can't prove its new and in mint condition because i've opened the box to show all the stuff, thus denting sales.

But if i went for A, its just a photo of a box and proves nothing of the contents and i lose bidder confidence in the item if they can't see all the items.

Ok, i admit, theres also the influence of fate, some will sell better then others and its all down to luck. I accept that part, but damn it i want to maximise potential!

So your thoughts...
Thu 22/11/07 at 22:30
Regular
"eat toast!"
I just want your feedback concerning selling items on ebay. Or more accurately, what attracts you to an item and make you bid harder then other items?

I recently got a nintendo ds, Since i've got one, i won't need it. The box is still sealed.

Now heres the important part, I'll be taking a photo of the item. Would it be more attractive to buy and get more bids if i:

a) Left it in the box, and stated it was Mint and still in its box
b) Took all items out, take a photo of all items along with the box, orginal wraping on the items (eg Stylus and bag to hold the documentation.

I was thinking of going with B, however, i can't prove its new and in mint condition because i've opened the box to show all the stuff, thus denting sales.

But if i went for A, its just a photo of a box and proves nothing of the contents and i lose bidder confidence in the item if they can't see all the items.

Ok, i admit, theres also the influence of fate, some will sell better then others and its all down to luck. I accept that part, but damn it i want to maximise potential!

So your thoughts...
Thu 22/11/07 at 22:50
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Sell as new and sealed, obviously. The difference in final bid price will be negligible though.
Thu 22/11/07 at 22:53
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I'd go with option A. At least then you can put new and sealed in your auction title. The only advantage I can see to opening it is if you wanted to guarantee it working and having no dead pixels.

Selling on ebay is no different to any sales, its all about trust. Your advert has to make the bidder believe they can trust you. So the trick is to make sure your advert is well presented and sounds professional. Dont just nick the product description from the official site, write it yourself, make it sound like you care about what you're selling.
Thu 22/11/07 at 23:01
Regular
"eat toast!"
ok, i'll think about that. But theres not much i could say really. Heres the plan:

Top: A few sentences detailing what they're bidding on, the contents that they'll recieve and extras that they might recieve.

A naff attempt at pushing the item. Say how its an ideal christmas present thats ideal for everyone and how and where they can play it.

Middle a pic of the box maybe an extra one with picture of the seals

Postage- Special delivery

-Payment methods

Somewhere near the bottom with be the technical specs (thanks ebay for supplying that info), any additional notes and a sentence welcoming any additional questions.
Thu 22/11/07 at 23:14
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
spoonbeast wrote:
> A naff attempt at pushing the item. Say how its an ideal
> christmas present thats ideal for everyone and how and where
> they can play it.

Theres no need for this, you arent cold selling a product they've never heard of. You're selling a DS in an environment where there are 100 other DS for sale. Naff sales techniques not required. :)
Fri 23/11/07 at 12:24
Regular
"eat toast!"
Ok, i'll leave that out. Is there anything else i might need to sort out in the ad before i begin to sell it?

I suppose starting price is a good one. I'll start at 99p and detail p&P at £10 That will cover the postage and materials.

Oh and maybe a sentence on the reason of why i'm selling the console. By saying its an unwanted gift that should encourage people to bid on it and convince them that its new.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.