GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Music in games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/10/00 at 12:26
Regular
Do you think games developers are putting enough effort into in game music? Good examples of music in games are Quake and Wipeout, but has there been a lack in this field lately? You decide.

-Mr Sven
Sat 07/10/00 at 12:26
Do you think games developers are putting enough effort into in game music? Good examples of music in games are Quake and Wipeout, but has there been a lack in this field lately? You decide.

-Mr Sven
Sat 07/10/00 at 13:09
I liked the original Zelda music and the music from Star TRek: Starfleet Academy
Sat 07/10/00 at 14:16
Wipeout had the best use of real life music, so did Fifa. How many artists have Fifa used in their licence? A lot, and Robbie Williams is doing the PS2 version of Fifa 2001. The Zelda on the SNES(espically the music in dark world at Turtle Rock) and Secret of Mana were particularly good.
Sat 07/10/00 at 14:43
Regular
Robbie Williams is doing another one in the FIFA series!
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:01
Regular
"Whatever!"
After just purchasing Medal of Honor Platinum on PSX I have to say that the music in this game is first class. It manages to capture the feeling of the game perfectly, and really adds to the atmosphere. You can tell the difference when the time and effort goes into a good game. The good news is that the same team behind this game will do the musical score for the forthcoming prequal.
As for games like FIFA, putting popular pop tunes in does not always work. The music in previous FIFA titles never seems to fit with the action/genre of the game. Perhaps a bit of laziness on the producers half there.
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:18
It doesn't really matter if it's good or not, if the game keeps you interested then you don't really take that much intrest, Perfect dark has shocking music but, it fits the game to a T. it's the mood set, if it is a spice girls game you don't want rock/punk music in the background
if it's adukenukem game you don't want little girls music.
Sat 07/10/00 at 15:42
Regular
"Whatever!"
The music in all Star Wars games is also quality. Composed by John Williams you always expect them to good anyway. The game that springs to mind for me is Jedi Knight - Dark Forces 2. This was a brilliant game, made better by authentic music which really captured the Star Wars feel to it.
It is just a shame that the few recent Star Wars titles havent matched the music in terms of gameplay.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.