GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ram help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/03/02 at 00:22
Regular
Okay, i opened up my pc (compaq 4712) today, it listed the ram type as simm. Checked the manuel, it recomments "60-nanosecond EDO memory". I desperately need more ram, after buying a knock-down second hand pc with 48 mb.

Does it sound like the special reserve ECO simm is what i need? To me, i figure it must be that type, but i just wanted to check.

Also, is £55 for 2 x 32 mb sound like a good price?

Thanks, DD
Fri 22/03/02 at 08:38
Regular
"relocated"
Sorry, there's a 4712 there.
Fri 22/03/02 at 08:37
Regular
"relocated"
The Compaq support site at http://web14.compaq.com/falco/sp_list.asp
should have all the info you need. Select your model (there's a 4710 there) and you'll get a page with drivers - there may be a few options but at least it'll cut down your choice - and your system stats, including upgrade info. Compaq may also sell RAM for your model but it's probably cheaper elsewhere.
Fri 22/03/02 at 08:03
Regular
Before buying some simms have a look on your motherboard to see if there are any dimm slots (long thin grey slot next to simm slots usually) as lots of motherboard supported dimms as well as simms, £55 for 2 x 32MB simms is pretty good considerig they are a very rare comodity.

C.b
Fri 22/03/02 at 07:56
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Jesus, SIMMs... That thing must be old. What're its specs, as a matter of interest?
Fri 22/03/02 at 00:22
Regular
Okay, i opened up my pc (compaq 4712) today, it listed the ram type as simm. Checked the manuel, it recomments "60-nanosecond EDO memory". I desperately need more ram, after buying a knock-down second hand pc with 48 mb.

Does it sound like the special reserve ECO simm is what i need? To me, i figure it must be that type, but i just wanted to check.

Also, is £55 for 2 x 32 mb sound like a good price?

Thanks, DD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.